Tula Kitchen

Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegetarian options in addition to fish and poultry. Tofu, seitan, tempeh in vegetarian dishes. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, American, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
41 E Main St (3rd Ave)
Bay Shore, New York 11706
631-539-7183

Open for Lunch Thur-Fri, dinner Tue-Sun.

First Review by DJ Oshiana
vegann
vegann

Why Do People Like this Place?

2 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2013

I am glad that there is a restaurant that caters to vegetarians and vegans. With that said, I have tried this place on multiple occasions hoping that it was a one time thing, but each time I found the food to be not so good. And I can't explain exactly why. And it's not just me. I went with a group of "vegheads" and everyone felt the same way. The atmosphere is so cool it's a darn shame. But this place is always packed, so I guess maybe I have high standards or everyone else just has really bad taste. I don't know. You decide.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 09, 2013

Pros: Atmosphere, Bar
Cons: Food needs improvement
Jess McNeill
Jess McNeill

Vegan options, most soy/wheat gluten

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

I've tried a few dishes here over the years, and they have been tasty. I wish they offered more vegan items that did not include fake meat. (Tofu, seitan, etc) if you like that kind of stuff, you will love it here. I try to eat more whole foods so I only go here occasionally. But still glad to have this open close to home.

Pros: Good selection
Cons: No gluten free bread
neutrondave
neutrondave

awesome!

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2011

Ate there for my first time last nite. A little on the pricey side, the hummus was to die for. They have a bean salad and pita appetizers (just comes to the table free) that was also killer. Tempeh reuben with vegan Swiss and the black bean burger were also insane. Service absolutely divine (ask for Chrissy), and the atmosphere wad great.

Pros: great staff, awesome food, great decor
Cons: pricey
jamessina
jamessina

Delicious, Perfect for Date Night

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2011

I've ordered 'take out' as well as sat down on a dinner date with my husband at this beautifully decorated restaurant. The owner has made this venue full functional for vegans and vegetarians as well as their friends who are neither to enjoy a meal together with someone for everyone. Delicious, delicious. Crab cakes are unreal and the menu makes your mouth water. Enjoy!

Pros: food, sultry interior, non veg-friend friendly too
DJ Oshiana
DJ Oshiana

Excellent Vegetarian Options

4 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2010

Delicious food and an interesting intimate atmosphere. Not entirely Vegetarian, but a decent selection of vegetarian and vegan options. One of the few places on Long Island where you will find Seitan and Tempeh. The tofu crab cakes and seared seitan were particularly good on multiple occasions. Chefs are considerate to disclose ingredrients that may not be vegetarian...something that other restaurants overlook. Service is kind and not overly attentive, can take a while to get your check but the food is well worth any wait.

Pros: Tasty Food, Polite Waitstaff, Decent Prices
Cons: Small Space

Dear Owner and Manager of Tula Kitchen: