Tucson Tamale Company - Cen...

Serves meat, veg options available. The first of 3 tamales shops in Tucson. Offering a large variety of tamales, including several vegetarian and vegan tamale flavors. The salsas are all vegan suitable. Its tamales are also for sale at area markets. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Southwestern American, Non-veg
2545 E Broadway
Tucson, Arizona 85716
520-305-4760
Now Open

Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by deannafitzgerald
anabananabread
anabananabread

I tried my first vegan tamale here

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2015

They have 7 different vegan tamales on their menu however three are only available frozen to take home. I tried the vegan blue and it was surprisingly very good considering the weird color. It's literally blue. You get to choose the sides and I would not recommend trying the black beans. They have a sweet, cinnamon type of flavor to them and I did not like them at all. I also tried their rice which was okay. It sort of taste like instant rice. Their guac and salsa on the other hand were amazing.

I will definitely be hitting this place up gain next time I'm in tucson.

Pros: Variety, Inexpensive
Cons: Sides come in small portions
  • Tucson Tamale Tucson Tamale

Thanks for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed the Vegan Blue tamale. It is a classic!

MikeSwiston
MikeSwiston

worth a special trip

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2015

Very delicious tamales, with a good selection of vegetarian options. Especially liked the salad. We can't get veg tamales here in the Midwest so this was a special treat!

Pros: great food, good selection, fast service
Cons: none!
  • Tucson Tamale Tucson Tamale

Thanks so much for the review! We are glad that you liked all of the different vegetarian options that we offer. Come visit us soon!

julesarizona
julesarizona
  • herbivore

Additional New Location in Northwest Tucson!

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2015

7286 N. Oracle Road (north of Ina Road). Spacious restaurant, same great vegan tamales.

• Tucson Tamale Tucson Tamale

Thanks for the review! We are glad that you enjoy our tamales as much as we do.

cwarrick1
cwarrick1

Great Tamales

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2015

It's hard to find a good restaurant with vegan options listed and this one does. Fast service, friendly and the tamales were awesome!!

Pros: vegan options marked, fast, flavorful
Cons: limited seating
LizCratty
LizCratty

A Standard

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2014

These tamales are a must for my annual visit to Tucson. Love the vegan ones with squash. Yummy!

jlo5616
jlo5616

Vegan tamales to die for!

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2011

I actually had one of their vegan blue corn tamales at Adobe Rose B&B. It was my first tamale, and the B&B chose it because I have an allergy to cilantro and the vegan tamale is cilantro-free. Well, I could have easily eaten a dozen of them! MMMMM!!! I can't wait until I'm in Tucson again because I will seriously go home with a dozen of their vegan tamales. My boyfriend also had one and he said it's the best he's had.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, High Quality
Cons: Only in Tucson
sweetheart930
sweetheart930

Great food, great prices

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2011

Tucson Tamale Company is one of our favorite restaurants in Tucson. All tamales are lard-free and gluten-free. They also sell packs of frozen tamales to take home, including dessert tamales. Their menu rotates, but you can check what tamales will be available on their website. Tucson Tamale Company is a local business and is extremely vegetarian-friendly. Most menu items are either vegetarian or vegan & are clearly marked as such. They are also very affordable with prices starting at only $2.95 for 1 tamale with salsa! I wish they were open later than 7PM, though. It is not always easy for us to make it there before they close. If they were open until 9PM or 10PM like most other restaurants we would be able to go there more often.

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff
Cons: Short hours, Small seating space
linaE
linaE

most yummiest vegan tamales!

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2011

Our household favs are the New Dehli and the pumpkin desert tamale they had at holiday time. Great tamales at really good prices!

mena
mena

Great Options for Vegans!

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2010

This place is great! It's a great place to go if you have a family full of omnis, vegetarians and vegans like mine! I have tried almost all of their vegan options and every single one is delicious! I believe all their sides are vegan too! Their prices are really great! What are you doing? Go! Go now! haha

Pros: great options, big a$$ tamales, yummy!
Cons: open only 10-7
deannafitzgerald
deannafitzgerald

Great food at a great price

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2010

This is one of my favorite places in Tucson. It's not vegetarian, but is unusually Veg-friendly and specifically makes Vegan Tamales. I've become addicted to the Curry Tamale and the medium green salsa. And the prices are cheap enough that I don't feel bad about going there often. You can also get tamales to go in easy to microwave bags. Their hours are not wide open, so check their website before you go.

Pros: Great Value, Amazing food, Friendly staff
Cons: Not Vegetarian, Short hours of operation

Dear Owner and Manager of Tucson Tamale Company - Central:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Tucson page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2015/07/28