Tucson Tamale Company

Serves meat, veg options available. Little tamales place that offers vegan tamales flavors, and all of the salsas are vegan suitable. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Southwestern American, Mexican, Take-out, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
2545 E Broadway
Tucson, Arizona 85716
520-305-4760

Open Mon-Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 8am-7pm, Sun 8am-3pm.

First Review by deannafitzgerald
jlo5616
jlo5616

Vegan tamales to die for!

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2011

I actually had one of their vegan blue corn tamales at Adobe Rose B&B. It was my first tamale, and the B&B chose it because I have an allergy to cilantro and the vegan tamale is cilantro-free. Well, I could have easily eaten a dozen of them! MMMMM!!! I can't wait until I'm in Tucson again because I will seriously go home with a dozen of their vegan tamales. My boyfriend also had one and he said it's the best he's had.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, High Quality
Cons: Only in Tucson
sweetheart930
sweetheart930

Great food, great prices

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2011

Tucson Tamale Company is one of our favorite restaurants in Tucson. All tamales are lard-free and gluten-free. They also sell packs of frozen tamales to take home, including dessert tamales. Their menu rotates, but you can check what tamales will be available on their website. Tucson Tamale Company is a local business and is extremely vegetarian-friendly. Most menu items are either vegetarian or vegan & are clearly marked as such. They are also very affordable with prices starting at only $2.95 for 1 tamale with salsa! I wish they were open later than 7PM, though. It is not always easy for us to make it there before they close. If they were open until 9PM or 10PM like most other restaurants we would be able to go there more often.

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff
Cons: Short hours, Small seating space
linaE
linaE

most yummiest vegan tamales!

4 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2011

Our household favs are the New Dehli and the pumpkin desert tamale they had at holiday time. Great tamales at really good prices!

mena
mena

Great Options for Vegans!

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2010

This place is great! It's a great place to go if you have a family full of omnis, vegetarians and vegans like mine! I have tried almost all of their vegan options and every single one is delicious! I believe all their sides are vegan too! Their prices are really great! What are you doing? Go! Go now! haha

Pros: great options, big a$$ tamales, yummy!
Cons: open only 10-7
deannafitzgerald
deannafitzgerald

Great food at a great price

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2010

This is one of my favorite places in Tucson. It's not vegetarian, but is unusually Veg-friendly and specifically makes Vegan Tamales. I've become addicted to the Curry Tamale and the medium green salsa. And the prices are cheap enough that I don't feel bad about going there often. You can also get tamales to go in easy to microwave bags. Their hours are not wide open, so check their website before you go.

Pros: Great Value, Amazing food, Friendly staff
Cons: Not Vegetarian, Short hours of operation

Dear Owner and Manager of Tucson Tamale Company:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Tucson page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/07/28