CLOSED: Tsom Vegetarian Fla...

Established Feb 2011 and reopened Jun 2013 after closure for some months. An eco-friendly veggie restaurant that uses compostable ware and composts its food waste. Offers a la carte pita pockets, wraps, pastas, and an international buffet and salad bar. Vegan and gluten free options. Tsom is affiliated with Blue Nile Cafe. MAY 2014 REPORTED SHUT DOWN, PHONE NOT WORKING. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Buffet, Take-out
933 E University Dr Ste 115 (N Scottsdale Rd)
Tempe, Arizona 85281

Supercords
Supercords

Falling For Falafel

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

Finally made it here today for lunch. (Fri, Oct 25th, 2013) Tsom's is nestled in a shopping center full of ethnic options, so try not to get pulled in a different direction at the last minute.

Since this was my first time, I went with their falafal lunch special for 6.99, which includes two falafels, fries, and a drink. (I opted for their rose water lemonade over soda)

The food arrived hot and tasty. I don't eat french fries very often, so they were a nice treat. The falafel was great, and I liked being able to add lettuce, pickles, and even beets at the topping station. 4 sauces to choose from too.

The place was decorated nicely and clean. Excellent taste in music playing--a mellow indie mix. They have a diverse menu that is enticing. Also, a breakfast menu that I didn't see posted online. I would go back in a heartbeat just for the falafel special.

Pros: Great lunch special, Tasty falafel, Cool music
Cons: Regular menu a bit pricey, Need more non-soda options, I'm not sure how to pronounce your name!
JMoMo
JMoMo

Awe-tsom

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

This place is wonderful. My friend and I went there late last night for the first time (as Green closes at nine) and enjoyed pasta, fries, and an almond milkshake. The prices are super reasonable and their tofu is homemade.

The manager, Jeremy, was friendly but not obnoxiously so. We stayed pretty late and never felt rushed to leave. I ate from the salad bar, this lentil dish and an oniony-kale salad. They have heaps of options at Tsom; vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, raw, etc. I'm in love. People who aren't even vegos will love Tsom. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I like Tsom better than Green!

Pros: Delicious, healthy food, Personable service, Clean, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Shakes pricier than Green's
OceanOpage18
OceanOpage18

Pretty good

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

Nice small place, the spices are kind of off but its nice that there are vegan and vegetarian options. Some restaurants just have vegetarian. I had the Fajita Tofu Wrap. Something was really spicy then it would be bland. They have lots of good looking (sounding?) food options. Im hoping to go again soon!

Pros: Nice and Small, Quiet, Many Options
Cons: Blandish

maynard7
maynard7

Nice place

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2011

I went there with a couple of friends tonight. The menu was varied and it was difficult to decide what I wanted (so I'll have to go back). The food was pretty good & I'll go back when I'm in that part of town. One guy had Primavera Pasta for 7.99; I had a taste and it had a good flavor. The other friend & I both had the Smoky Falafel. It was more spicy than I imagined it would be, but not overly so. It was big enough for a meal, and at $5.50, probably a better value than the Pasta. I also grabbed a plate and got a few things off the cold salad bar. All good and fresh. The soup of the day was good, and my friends liked the lemonade they got. There's also the falafel bar which has ingredients you can put on the falafel. Overall a good value, and lots of vegan choices. No meat on the menu! I didn't see any credit card logos so I think they only take cash.

Pros: Prices good, Flavors good
HowardPacker
HowardPacker

Great for Vegans

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2011

Best lemonade you will ever taste. Had the tortilla soup and pineapple burger. Both were excellent. I would absolutely eat here again.

Pros: Informal and reasonably priced., Healthy, Great vegan dishes
dumpkid23
dumpkid23

Yum

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2011

The cupcakes are seriously heavenly! They are a bit expensive, something close to $4 each, which my be a good thing else I'd probably have two a day! I also had various things from the salad bar, a falafal pita and zucchini fritters. Everything was really good. Definitely will be frequenting this place.

Pros: all vegetarian, friendly staff
Cons: small menu
Janet E
Janet E

Loved It

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2011

Stopped in within days of Tsom's opening. Nice, airy, casual, clean. The falafel pocket was outstanding, though not my idea of "spicy," as it was labelled. Mine arrived with grilled onion and tomato, and even then I was directed to the "falafel bar" where lots more items and sauces were available to add on. There was a "cold item" bar where lentil salad, greens, (wonderful) hummus and many other items could be heaped (or not) onto a plate and purchased by weight (great for adjusting portions). The house iced tea contained a delicious blend of spices. This is not a fancy place serving fancy food, and they don't bill it as such. For well made, delicious, nutritious, pick-your-portion, pick-your-preference, vegetarian/vegan food, it is my favorite. I can't wait to go back

Pros: healthy cuisine, good food, portion adjustable
jlo5616
jlo5616

Good little lunch spot

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2011

I went to Tsom with the Phoenix Veg Meetup Group. Tsom is NOT 100% VEGAN - they do have mozzarella cheese on the menu. They have a nice little salad bar with greens, cold pasta salads, cold couscous salads, and cold bean salads. They also have a small menu with falafel pita pockets, hot pastas, and even french fries. I got a little bit off the salad bar which is sold by weight -$7.99/lb. The hummus with a side of warm pita was excellent, as was the cold kale & hijiki salad. I also had some fried zucchini fritters which were artfully presented and quite good. I sampled some of the cold pastas off of my boyfriend's plate as well, which were delicious and unique. Everything was extremely reasonably priced, and we ended up with two salad bar plates and my zucchini fritters costing us just over $8. We both walked out quite full too! The dining room was large and very nice, easily accommodating the large Meetup group. My only complaint is that much of the food had cilantro which couldn't be excluded, and I'm allergic. But that's really only a problem for me!

Pros: Very vegan-friendly, Very reasonably priced, Diverse menu/salad bar
Cons: Too much cilantro!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Tsom Vegetarian Flavors: