Indian food cafe, est. 2012. Menu is small and changes from time to time; around half the dishes are or can be made vegan. Specialties are the dal (lentil soup) and chai tea with soymilk. All dishes are egg-free. Also provides space for art, political discussions, and other activities in the evenings. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out

Tue-Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 3:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by newt713
liebesmoehre
liebesmoehre

Nice place and people but boring food

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2015

A friend took me to this nice little place in Neukölln. The waitress was very friendly and the atmosphere was homelike. But as my food came (I ordered a dish with soyballs) I was instantly disappointed. These soyballs tasted like little sponges soaked in water. Some chickpeas and cauliflower (for example) would've been the perfect replacement for this very boring meat-alternative. I just wish cooks would think about vegetables instead of associating a vegan dish so often with boring soystuff. I also find soymilk the least tasty milk alternative. That's why I couldn't drink the yogitea as well. Rice-, Oat- or Speltmilk are so much better and inexpensive as well. I prefer cooking and eating at home. That evening made that clear for me again. For the 10 € I spent on staying hungry I could've made a perfect curry.

Pros: nice people, atmosphere, simple
Cons: boring food, little variety, too simple
vegetariandood
vegetariandood

Small menu, delicious dishes, cozy atmosphere

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2015

Tschüsch has about 5-6 dishes which can be prepared vegetarian or vegan. They are all very tasty. The waiters are of many nationalities (including German) and are all very friendly. The cook and owner is, as it should be, from India.

As a bonus, Tschüsch hosts art and is a meeting point for left-wing political statements, asylum seeker rights and LGBT rights. It is also the perfect place for a date, whether queer or hetero, because of the coziness and decoration.

Their prices have been raised and are not anymore super cheap, but it remains a very good deal nonetheless.

Pros: Delicious dishes, OK prices, Cozy atmosphere
Cons: Small menu, Closed on Monday, Waiters need many reminders
wildfang
wildfang

Amazing vegan palak paneer

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2014

Wow, absolutely everything about this place convinced me to come back again. First, the pub-like cozy atmosphere and interior, then the friendly waiter, the selection of books and last but not least the amazing food. Four or five dishes were vegan out of which we tried two but I only remember the palak paneer now. The "cheese" in it tasted so much like the real Indian cheese I thought it wasn't vegan at first. The prices were absolutely fine with around 6€ per dish. Totally recommended!

newt713
newt713

Short break in Neukölln

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2012

Strolling through Neukölln, I found this Cafe. The perfect place for a break, tasty indian traditional dishes and the best Mango Lassi in twon. Just nice to sit and read a book.

Pros: Athmosphere, Relaxed, Lassie
Cons: No alcohol

Dear Owner and Manager of Tschüsch: