Vegan ramen restaurant. Also serves salads and a few other main course options. Last order 10pm. Located inside Tokyo Station so you must be taking a train or you must buy a platform ticket. Find the food and shopping area known as Keiyo Street and you will be able to find the restaurant. Japanese name and address: T's たんたん:東京駅構内1F京葉ストリート. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Japanese

First Review by RebeccaBolte
FangedHare
FangedHare

Overrated.

2 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2014

Until now my few reviews have all been 5-star, so I guess it's just as well that after finally trying this ultra-hyped Tokyo institution, I can break that streak.

Basically, I don't really get the endless hype. The food is not specifically bad, but nothing special at all. Now, I'm not exactly new to vegetarian food...have been eating it for years, and around the globe, not just in Japan. This is one of the very few times where I didn't feel all that great afterwards. Frankly speaking, my guess is that the food is not entirely "real", but processed. I'm not sure if it's just my own palate, but it certainly doesn't taste as real and earthy, and feel as good physically, as other veg restaurants I've had in Japan.

The price is average although not expensive for Tokyo station, and the atmosphere is fine I guess although it feels more like a rushed fast-food experience rather than a restaurant. The location of course is super-convenient, which I suspect accounts for the majority of its popularity.

In summary, overrated. It's not overtly bad, but definitely not worth the incredible number of very high reviews here. Frankly, I was disappointed.

Pros: Ultra-convenient location
Cons: Food tastes/feels processed
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Junk.

2 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

We're all for a bit of a junk food splurge, but only if it leaves you feeling good. This didn't.

It tastes like cup ramen... so, not bad but not like real food either. The moment we finished eating it, we felt parched and dry, almost like an MSG dose but probably not. Our hunch is that they probably use dried ingredients - judging from the size and location of the kitchen we doubt they prepare it from scratch on premises and since they sell the stock as a powder, we think our guess is probably not far off.

Gradually as we walked away from this little mid-station sojourn we began to feel tired and under-nourished. The reason why we eat green in the first place is because we like to feel fresh, nourished and energized. It's totally possible to feel good after a ramen (we make it from scratch at home ourselves) but this stuff doesn't cut it, sorry.

Pros: Location in Tokyo station, Familiar ramen-ish tastes
Cons: Bad energy, Probably not freshly made, Zero nutrition
thisplaceisheaven
thisplaceisheaven

Pretty good

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2014

Localisation is perfect and easy to find- just follow signs for Keiyo line and Keiyo street. Restaurant is in the end of the street.
The food is okay but I've eaten better to be honest. Some of our dishes were too spicy and my ramen lacked in other ingredients than noodles. There's wide range to choose from, all is vegan and there is a good deal (ramen + side). Portions are also very satisfying.

Stuff speaks almost no English +they didn't allow me to charge my dying phone which was very unproffesional- the lady just went to our table and asked me to unplug it. It was the first time in any restaurant I encountered such situation.

Pros: location, all vegan, big choice
Cons: unprofessional stuff behaviour

tweety_0815
tweety_0815

great location, great food

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

This wonderful place serves shoyu ramen, tantan ramen and other choice. We loved it so much we ate there once a day while visiting Tokyo. It is conveniently located within the JR Tokyo station - just follow the signs for the Keiyo Line, and Keiyo Street will appear.

joeyfalconetti
joeyfalconetti

Wonderful all vegan ramen

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

During our visit to Japan, one of our companions had a goal to get "genuine" ramen. We had read about this place and made it a priority to visit. We had assistance from an information desk attendant to find the restaurant which is inside the large Tokyo Station. The dining experience was terrific with great food and prompt friendly service. The simple menu is all vegan, with a few varieties of ramen which can be combined with different sides. The sides are basically rice topped with veggies and different sauces. Everyone enjoyed their dishes and agreed that it was terrific ramen. This was a great place to stop over for lunch during a travel day.

Pros: Great food, Comfortable seating, Prompt service
Cons: Inside Tokyo station, No dessert
Cleverjenny
Cleverjenny

Best Ramen I've Ever Had!

5 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2014

It's so exciting to walk into a ramen restaurant - in Tokyo especially! - and have my choice of everything on the menu. Ramen restaurants rarely have veggie options, and when they do the broth often tastes like water. I found the ramen here incredibly flavorful.

I ordered the T's Shoyu Ramen and I loved it. The broth was rich and salty, the "soybean meat" was thin and light - not too chewy and not trying too hard to taste meaty. Bamboo shoots were great too.

I had no trouble finding the place after reading the reviews on Happy Cow. It is inside Tokyo Station. I entered the station through the South Yaesu entrance, swiped my Pasmo subway card to actually get INTO the station (station has JR Line and regular subways) and found signs for KEIYO STREET almost immediately. It's on the FIRST FLOOR (1F). T's is about 10m into the Keiyo Street shopping area, on the right.

Pros: atmosphere, food, service
Cons: kind of hard to find, almost too salty
stevenolsen19
stevenolsen19

Excelletn

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

Located in easy-to-find location in Tokyo Station. Clean and comfortable, nicely styled. The ramen choices were all flavorful and well-priced. This place is a must-try. Would return again and again.

Pros: Flavors and choices, Location, Price
salxvx
salxvx

Vegans looking for Ramen, look no further!

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

I cannot even begin to talk about how much this place rules. But first things first. It is kind of a pain getting to it. However, if your appetite for vegan ramen needs to be satiated at all costs, you may find that your trouble is rightfully rewarded. I don't know which access point (there is a myriad of them!) is best to find it, but once you are in Tokyo Station (a major transit point for local and long distance trains) ask for Keiyo Street which is a strip of stores inside the station. You will need to purchase a ticket to go inside (it makes no sense to me, the foreign tourist who is not boarding any trains, but when in Rome... ) and there is no way around this, I believe it's only about 150 Yen or so, so it isn't all that expensive, for people from the US: think of it as sales tax ;) OR if you're already a passenger connecting through that station just find it before you go past the exit turnstiles.

I got the house special which was the Plain T's Tan Tan, the soup was delicious and had a nice peanut taste that expanded with the meatball, which was delicious in flavor and texture. It was absolutely the best Ramen noodles I have ever had and totally worth the price (around 11 USD) as I've had awful overpriced ramen in the US that was not even worth comparing.

My only regret was not being able to go back at least one more time. Next time I go I'll be sure to eat there as many times as possible. All in all a great experience, the staff was great (it's hard to go anywhere in Japan and not notice how polite and well mannered everyone is) and I got exactly what I was looking for: tasty traditional Japanese noodles made vegan.

Pros: Excellent Food, Nice Vibe, Good Value
Cons: Inside paying zone, Not easy to find
Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Good for a Quick Meal On-the-Go

3 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

T's Tantan is inside the Tokyo station, is an easy meal if you're on-the-go, and it's all vegan--which is awesome.

However, I was honestly disappointed with the food. I thought the ramen was greasy and the mock 'meat' was lacking flavor. I though the curries were somewhat boring. They also don't have any desserts or appetizers so it's kind of a one-dish place.

I think for residents of Japan or people looking for a stress-free ramen shop (absolutely no meat!) it's a good option. But for visitors looking for tasty and different food I thought it was just ok. I don't think it's a must-see unless you're specifically looking for ramen.

Pros: Convenient location, Authentic ramen that's vegan!
Cons: Food is greasy and somewhat bland, No dessert or appetizers
poopixie
poopixie

Just gorgeous and comforting food

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

Love this place. Ate here 3 times in a 2.5 week stay in Tokyo. Nothing new to add to all the other reviews really but this place was always busy and very quick, serving beautiful comforting ramen noodles siup and curry rice bowls. Just go here.

Pros: Delicious, fast, Friendly
Cat009
Cat009

I love it!!!!! The best!!!!

5 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2014

This is the perfect place to eat a perfect vegan ramen!
Lo amo, e servono i migliori vegan ramen di Tokyo a mio avviso!
C'è il menù in inglese e lo staff e cordialissimo!
Aperto tutto il giorno è da provare!

Pros: Ramen, Good value, English menu
Cons: not easy to find
neilmadhvani
neilmadhvani

Quick, Delicious And Vegan!

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2014

Very tasty ramen options as well as Japanese curry rice. The menu isn't huge but everything I tried was really good. The food arrives within minutes and is served fresh and hot. One of my favourite veggie places in Tokyo.

walter007
walter007

Heavenly place for vegan

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

There aren't many vegan options in Tokyo. To get one complete vegan restaurant in Tokyo station is such a bless.

Good food with reasonable price. Love the efficient n lovely staff. Nice ambience too.

Pros: good n healthy food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: not easy to locate, may have to queue up due to many customers
claireberry beret
claireberry beret

Great little place

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

Tokyo station is very large and confusing but when you find this little heavenly place you'll want to stay! It was so relaxing and the food came out so fast! As hungry travellers this was a god send! Very cheap!! We ended going back 3/4 times while in Tokyo! Only a few items on the menu but they are all so tasty!

Pros: Location, Cheap
HappyTiger
HappyTiger

Perfect!

5 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

Delicious vegan ramen! They have other options, curry for example, although I haven't tried them yet. I tried teo different ramen and both were amazing.

Very good priced too, easy to find and well located.

Pros: Delicious food, Good value, Great location
Ninchen
Ninchen

nice and "oishii" - and really central

5 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

If you have to change at Tokyo station, this is the perfect place to eat. I especially enjoyed the crispy sweet and sour "meat", and the caramel roasted green tea. The service was really good too.

rommelgc
rommelgc
  • non-vegetarian

T's たんたん (T's tantan) in Tokyo Station

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

This is T's Restaurant (Jiyugaoka) sister shop _inside_ Tokyo Station. So you do not need to get out of the ticket wicket! It is in an area known as Keiyo Street. "Keiyo Street" is near the Yaesu Exit. Look to your right as you approach the escalators. Shop title "T's たんたん".

It is quite popular and you might have to wait for several minutes during peak hours. Almost the same menu as the main shop in Jiyugaoka. I've tried the T's 醤油らーめん (T's shoyu ramen, soy sauce base soup) and 緑たんたん (midori tantan, green tantan with sesame seeds, medium spicy). Both are good options! They have only one rice-based main dish (彩り野菜のスマイルカレー, irodoriyasaino smile curry). Smaller portioned rice-based side-dishes are available though.

They have English menus. They will pull it out as soon as they realize you are foriegners.

Pros: inside the station, english menu
Cons: can be full (means you have to wait)
cinchoua
cinchoua

Yum!

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2014

Definitely enjoyed our meal here and would recommend it to anyone visiting Tokyo. Lots of local people eating here, which in my opinion, is always a good sign of good food.

Generous portions to satisfy a hungry belly. Fresh ingredients. Quick and friendly service. English menu.

A little tricky to find, but persevere and you will be rewarded.

Cons: A little tricky to find
LindaGlimstedt
LindaGlimstedt

Great and convenient!

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2014

In my stay in Tokyo, we ate at T's たんたん every night. It was easy to order, very convenient location and super cheap. They had good and simple vegan ramen and also rice bowls. Though, the ramen is much more tasty than the rice bowls ^^ If you want food fast, this is where you should go, they serve you superfast!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
Cons: a bit stressy
iokan
iokan

A great start

5 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2013

When you arrive in Tokyo, chances are you arrive at Tokyo Station. Do yourself a favour and start you holiday at T's TanTan. It is a unique chance to taste authentic Japanese food without resorting to meat or fish. At TanTan's many traditional Japanese dishes, such as ramen, are available as vegan meals.

When I was there about a third of the visitors were tourists: all in dire need of a vegan meal and ever so happy to find this place (and its English menu). Many of the Japanese guests turned out to be none vegetarians, but they like the quality of the food here so much that they prefer T's TanTan over other ramen restaurants. While most restaurants inside a train station are fast food places, people take their time to enjoy the meals resulting in a waiting line outside!

Prices are exceptionally low for a place that offers such high quality food. Expect to pay about 1,300 yen for a two course meal plus drink.

Enough said? Then here's how to get there:
- it is inside the paid part of the station. So if you arrive by train, don't check out. Otherwise, buy a ticket (base ticket is 130 yen) and go anywhere, nowhere or whatever.
- follow the signs to the Keiyo line, until you pass Keiyo Street (yes, this station is so big it has streetnames inside).
- when in doubt, go towards the Yasesu exit (but don't actually leave the station)

Pros: fantastic Japanese vegan food, low prices, central location in Tokyo
Cons: chance of waiting lines outside
ReidMeFirst
ReidMeFirst

Amazingnessness

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

Not much that I can say that others have not. This place is a breath of fresh air in Tokyo Station -- finally a restaurant where you don't have to worry about what you order. Ramen is the ultimate comfort food, but so much Ramen is in animal broth (ew).

This place is all vegan and it's all delicious. Their namesake ramen, T's Tantan, is my favorite. On a two week stint in Japan I ate here three times, I liked it so much. Service is incredibly fast, which I guess you would expect from a station restaurant. The atmosphere is quite relaxing though: the layout of the shop is designed to hide the station bustle from its patrons.

The only 'con' is that it is in Tokyo station, which can be quite busy. It takes a lot of people-dodging just to get there.

Pros: Great food, Inexpensive, Calm inside
Cons: Tough to get to during rush hour
Barney Big Ears
Barney Big Ears

Awesome

4 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2013

I always go here if I am in Tokyo. Nice, fast service in a busy train station.
platform ticket is 130 Yen.

Pros: Fast, all vegan
Cons: need platform ticket-unless riding train
Earthdiet
Earthdiet

AWESOME VEGAN RAMEN

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2013

I love this place! Awesome little vegan ramen shop in Tokyo Station. I love how the whole place reinforces the fact that everything is vegan! Little signs everywhere saying "no meat, no fish, no dairy" ect. Super cute place. The ramen is delicious. The service is fast and the staff is friendly. I love that I can enjoy vegan ramen in Tokyo! This place rocks.

Pros: Tasty, Quick service, 100% vegan
syrupofipecac
syrupofipecac

Best food I ever had in Japan!

5 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2013

I love their ramen!!! It's so delicious and i would eat here all the time if i lived in tokyo. Definitely worth a visit if you're in tokyo! Only negative thing is that you have to buy a plattform ticket to access the restaurant. Not really a big problem though, it's like a dollar.

Pros: Best ramen i've ever had
jollypig
jollypig

I want to live there!

5 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2013

I don't usually care for Japanese food, but I loved this. If I lived in Tokyo I'd eat here a few times a week.

The other reviews have said it all. Delicious food, served very quickly, serves beer, friendly staff, lovely inside, really convenient location (as a tourist you're bound to go through Tokyo station or take the Narita Express to/from the airport).

Bear in mind that it's pretty much fast food so you'll likely be in and out within half an hour. It's all fresh though. The place is so popular and its menu is fairly small so no doubt they make it all continously.

Loved it.

PS. We tried going to the Ain Soph restaurants in Tokyo, but they were both closed when they were supposed to be open. Very disappointed. T's Tantan is open from 7am until 11pm. Don't waste your time searching for the Ain Soph places and risk them being closed!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 16, 2013

Pros: Delicious food, Convenient location, Cheaps!
Ailia
Ailia

Awesome!

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

I love ramen. Before I went vegan, I stood in line at ramen joints in NYC for up to 2 hours. Then I moved to northern Europe and haven't seen a noodle bar anywhere in sight, forget about trying to see if they make vegan ramen. All I have been eating is homecooked ramen (pre-packaged).

I was really really happy to find this place. We went 4 times during our one week stay in Tokyo. It is in the Toyko train station and so you need a train ticket or else be passing through that station. We used a Suica IC card for our travels. One tip- you can't just use the Suica card at one station, go to Tokyo station and then go back out at your original station. You have to either exit Tokyo station or else get back on the train to somewhere else other than your original station. Otherwise, you can't get through and will have to beg a potentially non English speaking station worker to let you out. I think the guy just wanted us out of the way, so he let us out but I am sure he could not figure out why we didn't register as going anywhere.

Anyway, the ramen is awesome! The noodles were a nice consistency and the broth was yummy. I tried the shoyu and also the T's Tantan spicy peanut/sesame flavor ramen. The shoyu comes with fake meat pieces and the Tantan comes with fake ground meat. All of it is delicious and I would have just eaten all of my meals there. I already miss this place.

The staff speaks enough english and they take credit cards.

Pros: Vegan Ramen!!, Tasty!, Not expensive
Cons: In the paid part of the train station
Empoweredway.net
Empoweredway.net

Great!

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

What a great delight for a vegan traveler!! Local, vegan food right in the station!

Pros: price, friendly wait staff that speak English, English menu
Cons: popular, so the line can be long
Agushansky
Agushansky

Life-Changing

5 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little in the title. But this restaurant really is everything people make it out to be.

To start, it served me the best ramen I've ever had. I think it was called the "Shoguyu Ramen" although I don't quite remember. Japanese noodles, onions, soybean meat (delicious), altogether with herbs and spices that will leave you drooling. A masterpiece.

Service was excellent. They had an English menu which helped out a lot, and the tables were nice and clean. It's also a very upbeat environment and the artwork on the walls is cute.

It was a little hard to find (at least for a tourist such as myself), but the key is to follow the signs for the "Keiyo Line" in Tokyo Station as I believe the restaurant is located right before it. My only gripe is that you need a ticket to the station in order to enter the area.

Pricing was good. Think I got the ramen and a side for 800 yen.

Overall: delicious. Went there three times during my stay in Tokyo and ordered the same thing every time. A must-visit for veggies and non-veggies alike. I was so impressed by this place that I decided to make an account on this site and write my first review for it.

Thanks, HappyCow!

Pros: Food, Service, Price
Cons: Location
arherron
arherron

you need a train ticket to gain access

3 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

A metro ticket won't let you through the barriers. I couldn't figure out how to buy a platform ticket or a short distance cheap train ticket to gain entry so didn't get to sample the delights.

Cons: need a train ticket to access
nesbitevans
nesbitevans

Tasty noodles, quick service,great value for money

5 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

We came here a couple of times on our recent stay in Tokyo and it was a highlight. T's Tantan had the best veggie food we ate in Tokyo. Everywhere else was disappointing but not here. The restaurant is small, more like a diner and situated in the Tokyo Station, although easy to find. They have menus in English. They also serve beer! Service is polite and efficient and the food arrives quickly. Still, it doesn't feel rushed. The menu is not extensive but they have build-your-own meal sets which are really good value. Food is generous and tasty.

We will definitely return next time we are in Tokyo!

Pros: Good value for money, Tasty food, Generous portions
tyrannosaurusveg
tyrannosaurusveg

Love it!

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

This place is brilliant! All vegan, all delicious and friendly staff. English menu available too. Prices were good (especially for Tokyo).
Can get very busy as a lot of passing traffic in a major station. When we were there, we managed to get a seat but there were many people and their large bags piling in as we ate.
It's located in a ticketed area but if you have a JR Pass you can go in just to eat.
Absolutely love this place!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Great value
Cons: Can get busy, In ticketed area of station
alia_801
alia_801

Vegan ramen!

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

Really tasty vegan ramen, with several choices of flavours. Friendly, comfortable restaurant and very friendly, helpful staff. English menus came in handy too :)

Pros: Yummy food!, Choice of vegan options
mjthomson
mjthomson

Vegan Heaven in Tokyo Station!

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

Fantastic restaurant in Tokyo station. Open from early in the morning and ideal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The atmosphere is calm, and removed from the hustle and bustle of the station and the mostly noodle dishes are delicious (tried three). Highly recommended!

Pros: delicious ramen bowls, great atmosphere, good portions and price
MidnightSun112
MidnightSun112

vegan ramen!!

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

We all know Tokyo is full of ramen shops but it's nearly impossible to find any vegetable-based options. T's is an oasis! The shop name T's Tantan refers to the popular tantan men (from the Chinese "dandan mian") which is a type of ramen that originated in Sichuan and features pickled vegetables and a distinct sesame paste. Several different types of ramen are available including some interesting seasonal varieties. Spiciness levels are clearly marked on the Japanese menu but I have no idea about the English menu. Japanese-style curry and karaage (fake fried 'chicken') also available. An excellent choice for a quick meal. As others have noted, it is indeed INSIDE the JR lines' ticket gate which means that you will still need to purchase a ticket even if you don't want to get on a train.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 03, 2013

Pros: all-vegan menu, unusual types of ramen, reasonably-priced
Cons: located inside the JR ticket gates
Shauna333
Shauna333

Amazing and the Cheapest Veg Food in Tokyo!

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2013

I had this on my list of places to visit on my last stay in Japan (March 2013), but happened to be passing it when on my way to the Keiyo line to go to Maihama and Disney Sea, so popped in for lunch. It was really busy, full of Japanese businessmen and young people on their lunch break whilst in the JR station. It is unusual to see a veg* restaurant abroad be so packed with local people, who probably aren't veg* themselves.

Service was lightening quick - I was shown to a large table and given the menu. I ordered the original ramen, which looked like the least spicy option! It was bought out in minutes and was delicious! The broth was very flavourful, and with a kick but not too much. It was topped with what looked like a mix of peanut butter and soy - tasted much yummier than it sounds! It was really hot temperature wise and slurping was necessary to cool it down. It was only Y750 and completely filling, healthy and fast.

The second time I went I also had the fried soy meat, which I didn't care for much, but the ramen is incredible.

The restaurant also sells a selection of packaged foods in the entrance, including dried soy mince.

The staff don't speak much English, but the menu is in English and there are only a few options to choose from, so you can't go wrong really. At the end, you take your order sheet to the counter to pay - simple!

If you aren't in the station to get a train, you can get a station only ticket on any of the JR ticket machines; I think it is only Y300 or so. I had a JR pass, so no problem going in to Keiyo Street.

Pros: So cheap!, Delicious ramen, Very fast service
sglcklch
sglcklch

It's INSIDE the paid area!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

We walked to this train station, spent a good half hour looking for it studying the floor plans, without knowing it was actually INSIDE the paid area. For sure we couldn't find it. Just when we decided to give up and take the train back to the hotel, it dawned on us that it might actually be located after the gates. Right after we got in, ta-dah! There it is!

As for the food, it was cheap (for Tokyo) and delicious. The broth was superb, which complimented the chewy ramen noodles perfectly. The only slight issue I had was the nutritional value of the meal, which wasn't as good as I would have normally liked. But if you are traveling on the train and happen to find yourself at Tokyo Station, you'll be very glad to know that this place exists for a quick, tasty bite.

Pros: good value, tasty
Cons: within paid area of station, not very nutritious
davidredstone
davidredstone

Brilliant! A must-eat!

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

After failing to find Ain Soph in Ginza, we went to T's Tantan in the underground area of Tokyo Station. Buy a ticket, go underground, look for an food area called 'Keiyo Street'. T's is the last place on the right. It's not too hard to find.

When we arrived, it was full of locals and some foreigners. The food was absolutely fantastic, and I'd venture to say it was some of the best vegan food I've ever tried. The staff gave us an English menu and they spoke enough English to take our order and answer a few questions.

If you're in Tokyo, you are probably going to be in the Tokyo train station at some point. Go and eat at T's!

Price guide: 850 Yen mains. We spend AUD$30 for 2 set meals (main + small bowl) and hot tea. It's not the absolute cheapest place around, but is also not very expensive.

Pros: fantastic food, decent prices, English menu and staff know some too
Cons: You need a train ticket, You must be inside the Tokyo Station
guillaume
guillaume

Simple and great vegan ramen style noodles

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2013

This place is located in the Tokyo Station underground. It is the place I am coming every week to have dinner or lunch. I will probably go this weekend and I am looking forward to that. I very much enjoy ramen style tasty noodles and this is the place where you can enjoy such treats. It is simple, clean, casual, and straightforward. Good noodles, good broth, good taste variations. The beer is organic and not bad either, even if it is pricey just like any other places...

Prices are going around 700-900 yens for the 6 different ramens. They have 1 Japanese style curry option too. I have tried almost of their ramens and big favourites are the Midori and Red variants. And no need to go for the large size.

Nothing complicated, a good pit stop for any vegan/vegetarian in/passing Tokyo!

Pros: Ramen style tasty noodles, Casual, Good portion
Cons: Just one location
carnilius
carnilius

Delicious and convenient

5 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2013

I wanted to be able to experience Japanese ramen with a vegetarian broth, and this place definitely exceeded my expectations. Their eponymous dish "T's Tantan" is great, and available at a cheaper price if you come for the early morning menu (or slightly more expensive after). Throughout our trip to Asia we would constantly refer back to this place "You know what sounds good right now?" "T's Tantan?" "Yup". Unfortunately, this is the only location that exists. Conveniently, you can also pay with your SUICA card which means that on your way out of Tokyo (by train) you can empty your card here which is precisely what we did. So good we came twice.

Pros: delicious, convenient location, great price
slo0go
slo0go

Cheapest, most convenient vegan food in Japan!

5 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2012

This place is so convenient. During our week-long stay in Japan, we must have stopped here at least four times: coming in to the city from the airport, on our way to/from the Shinkansen to other cities, and if we just so happened to be switching trains at Tokyo station. Best of all, everything is vegan, so you don't have to worry! Each ramen bowl was delicious! And relatively speaking, it's the cheapest vegan food around. My big American stomach had to order the large size each time, of course. Also, this place has great hours, has an English menu, and takes credit card.

Pros: ALL VEGAN, Cheap, Convenient
pa5
pa5

Ramen!

4 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2012

A great spot for vegetarian ramen. Conveniently located in Tokyo station, we went here on the way to Kyoto via JR - it can be tricky to find, but look for it on a map in the station, and you should be good to find it (it is located on the Keiyo street area in the station). The ramen here is quite good, and the restaurant is brightly lit and nicely decorated. The menus are in Japanese only, but the pictures are large and clear.

RebeccaBolte
RebeccaBolte

Good soup, open early, all vegan

5 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

This is an awesome ramen place, open early, with vegan signage all over the place! Hooray!! It's located inside Tokyo station in the "Keiyo Street" shopping area just around the corner from the info station. The name is in hiragana and I actually missed it the first time I walked by. The menu is all Japanese with photos, but there are reassuring signs in English everywhere proclaiming their veganism.

The soup was perfect. I got there too early to order anything else and was only offered the breakfast/lunch menu or whatever. But I did get a coffee that came out with a tiny thing of soy and sweetener. It was really delightful.

The service was fast, attentive, and friendly. Plus I was able to pickup some dried veggie meat to take back with me! I think I'll make it a point to stop there again on my way out of town.

Pros: vegan, open early, fast service

Dear Owner and Manager of T's Tantan: