Trumpet Blossom Cafe

All-vegetarian restaurant opened in April 2012. Comfortable atmosphere and a full bar. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out
310 E Prentiss St
Iowa City, Iowa 52240
319-248-0077

Open Tue-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 10am-3pm.

First Review by Shannin987
AimlessArrow
AimlessArrow

Great experiences

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2014

This restaurant was a huge life saver for a foreign vegan in a small city with limited options. All the food was great both times I ate there, and the restaurant also turns into a nice pub and venue for music late at night with good drink prices.

Pros: Great food, Good menu, 100% vegan in small city
alyvanheuk
alyvanheuk

So good even meat-eaters will love it!

5 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2014

The food is absolutely delicious! I've loved everything I've tried! I brought my whole family here a while ago, and we've been back four times because they loved it so much—even though a couple of them are big meat-eaters (and junk-food lovers)!

Pros: delicious, nutritious
ronbeeguy
ronbeeguy

Great All-vegan restaurant

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

This is a great place for a vegan - or a meat-eater for that matter. I've been there a bunch of times, sometimes with other vegs and sometimes with meat-eaters. Everyone agrees the food is top-notch. I am accustomed to perusing a restaurant's menu to see if there's anything remotely vegan on it, and frequently getting a salad or the deep-fried mushrooms or some icky, unhealthy thing. So it's always a treat to go to Trumpet Blossom where I can order anything on the menu and not worry about it. It's ALL vegan! And delicious besides! Even confirmed meat-eaters love the food (some of them are reluctant to admit it, but if pressed, they will tell you it was very tasty.) So if you want a whole menu of delicious, healthy, and guilt-free food, you really can't do better than this.

Pros: All-Vegan Menu!, Delicious, Great atmosphere (when it's not crowded)
Cons: A little expensive, Noisy when crowded - not often
KimGriffiths
KimGriffiths

I love this place!

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2013

I was so disappointed when The Red Avocado had to close, but I'm excited this cafe is now open. The food and drinks are amazing, and the atmosphere is fun. Parking is limited, but I don't mind parking on the street and walking. It's a little more expensive than your average restaurant, but the food is organic and they use as much local produce as possible. The outside area is nice, too. This is where we'll be eating anytime we're in Iowa City.

Shannin987
Shannin987

The New Red Avocado

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

I've been to this place three times now. I was very impressed with the transformation from the Hawkeye Hideaway! The place looks great and the bar is well stocked with local beer and fun cocktails.

The food is good, but it always seems a little expensive for lunch. I have to tell myself that you gotta pay for local, organic, vegan, creative things! I'm a fan of the tempeh reuben ($8) and I enjoy their hummus and veggies (not too bad at $4). Every dessert I've ever tried was delicious and I tried something every time. Desserts switch up frequently!

They don't have many parking spaces. I think there are only 4 in front of the door. The rest is street parking. Not a problem if you ride your bike though. The outside patio looks very nice, although I haven't actually sat out there yet. I was very sorry to see the Red Avocado go, but the owners have done a nice job in their new location. Highly recommend!

Pros: All Vegan Fair, Local and Organic, Helpful Staff
Cons: Parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Trumpet Blossom Cafe: