CLOSED: True North Osteria

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers grilled pizza, bruschetta and small plates with vegan options. Everything in-house-made. Casual sit down restaurant with waiter service. Uses local produce. APR 2013 REPORTED SHUT, PHONE NOT WORKING. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, American, Italian, Take-out, Pizza, Non-veg
345 Bloomfield Ave (Elm St)
Montclair, New Jersey 07042
973-744-4960

Open Mon, Thur 11am-9pm, Wed 4-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12-8pm, closed Tue.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Luis622
StephanieHardbodyz
StephanieHardbodyz

so upset to say goodbye

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

i LOVE this place!!! this have been my favorite place since going vegan 8 months ago ... unfortunately it seems they have closed and have been closed for weeks now, still no formal confirmation but no return calls or emails and they havent been open...im so sad to see this place go...it was really a diamond in the rough and way under appreciated!

Pros: amazing food, clean, friendly staff
ctimber
ctimber

Vegan pizza!

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2012

I was so excited to discover local vegan pizza. The place has a small selection of snall plates. We had the sweet potatoes & mushrooms with balsamic. It was exquisite. We also had the vegan bruschetta with chickpeas & cauliflower, it was so also delish. I got vegan jersey devil pizza which the menu described as spicy. I always order spicy items when we are out to eat and rarely are they actually what i consider spicy. This pizza was spicy and i enjoyed it. My husband got the vegan pizza with pesto and finished the whole serving. I wish they had more vegan options but vegan fare is hard to come by so i am not complaining.

tareybeckwith
tareybeckwith

:-(

2 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2012

Today was my 1st time at this place and very eager I hurried there to have a late lunch. Upon arriving I realize they didn't open till 4p on Tuesday's so I left and came back slightly after 4p and they were still closed :-(. I called and asked the lady what time she was opening and she lied not knowing I was just out front saying that they were open...Smh. when she saw it was me she laughed it off and let us in. Finally we ordered soups in which she spilled soup on my friends lap then we had Brussel sprouts with shallots which was burnt and sweet potatoes with mushrooms which were good. I also got the spicy pizza with vegan cheese and that was ok. Overall not pleased with the service and certainly not the food. Big disappointment! The lady just displayed poor customer service and seemed to be preoccupied with something other then her customers. First and last time going there.

mlee
mlee

Awesome vegan pizza

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2012

My husband and I went here for vegan pizza and small plates the other day. It was by far the best vegan pizza I've ever had. They use daiya cheese, which is in my opinion the best vegan cheese out there. The bread is so good and they had tons of other vegan options on the menu. They were very vegan friendly and even suggested a dairy-free dessert after our meal. I'll definitely be going back.

Pros: Incredible vegan food
Cons: none
Luis622
Luis622

Yummy

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2012

Food was very fresh and organic... I loved it.. Especially there vegan pizza

Pros: Friendly service, Great food

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: True North Osteria: