Located on a small street between Tran Xuan Soan and Hoa Ma. Creative menu. English menu and English spoken. Small but tastefully decorated and comfortable restaurant with traditional Vietnam culture decoration, Buddhism library and free book and CD, zen and meditation instruction, free wifi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Take-out, Vietnamese
39 Le Ngoc Han, Hai Ba Trung District (Tran Xuan Soan and Hoa Ma)
Hanoi, Vietnam
04-6278-1848

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by Cameo
Antonknz
Antonknz

nice peaceful place

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

Very nice and peaceful place. Good intelligent stuff. They have menu on english, personal also speak english. Prices very nice: we ordered 3 dishes and tea, it was about 100.000 vnd. Food very tasty.
I liked this place.

blaim
blaim

Attention To Detail Out Of This World

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2014

Being in the big city we wanted to check out some of the vegan/veggie options on Ha Noi. Truc Lam Trai has excellent choices, beautifully presented, and amazing service.
There was honey in a few dishes, so not 100% vegan.
The honey roadsted chicken was dry roasted so a bit, well, dry.
The Truc Lam spring rolls were delicious, and I loved the coconut and 'shrimp' dish.
Meal for two including tea, 222,000 Dong/ $11 USD

Pros: almost vegan, Buddhist, affordable
OttVanTor
OttVanTor

Well worth It...great Food...Nice Place

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

Sunday night in Hanoi and searching for a vegan resto. Happy I made the journey. Food was very tasty and well presented. Also very very reasonably priced. Would come back here again for sure.

Pros: Diverse Menu, Decor, Price
Cons: English Ok, Toilet Poor

HappyVeganTraveler
HappyVeganTraveler

Amazing food

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

We had our second meal in Hanoi at Truc Lam Trai. Although it was a bit late for lunch (around 2 pm), the restaurant was open. We ordered a few different dishes and the food took some time to come, which was actually a good sign because it meant that they were preparing everything from scratch.

The highlight of the meal of the "red goudle soup" (or something like that), which was actually a pumpkin with spring onion soup with lotus roots. It was one of the most fresh and delicate dishes I have ever had. My partner is not fond of soups at all, but this soup was so delicious that the two of us were fighting for it. A true delight.

We had also ordered a lunch special - crispy rice cakes with sichuan tofu soup. This was again really excellent. The crispy rice cakes made a great combination the slightly spicy and intensely flavorful soup.

A few other side dishes and drinks were also quite good. The bill was extremely reasonable at US$11.

We'll definitely return here and probably just end up ordering the same things.

Pros: Delicious
Groucho
Groucho

Tasty Dinner

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

Unlike others, I found my way to Truc Lam Trai easily. It's about 1 km south of Hoan Kiem Lake, but definitely worth going there.
For dinner I had fresh spring rolls plus a mushroom soup and deep-fried pumpkins from the daily menu. There is a much wider selection from there regular menu as well. All dishes were very well done. Including two fresh lemon juices I was charged less than 6 USD.
The service was friendly, attentive and discreet. Prices moderate, nice atmosphere.
I give them 4 cows, because I reserve 5 cows for exceptional experiences only.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 27, 2013

Pros: Tasty Food, Attentive, discreet & friendly service , Nice and cozy atmosphere
Cons: Tables may be a bit low for Westerners
Cameo
Cameo

A Gem

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

It was a little difficult to find Truc Lam Trai, but completely worth it. This tiny restaurant is exquisite with beautiful furnishings, calm and serene. The menu is large and the food is up to the mark. The house salad is spicy and wonderful, ginger "chicken" tasty, stuffed tofu came in a tomato sauce. Service was friendly and efficient.

Pros: inventive tasty food, excellent staff
Cons: hard to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Truc Lam Trai: