Vegetarian food restaurant. Has vegan and gluten-free food choices. Jan 2013 reported by owner its health food shop on rue Bernard Délicieux or its cafe on rue Massillian are no longer operating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, French

First Review by Gary Lawrence
Ellen and Jacob
Ellen and Jacob

Wonderful restaurant

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

Tripti Kulai was recommended by a non-vegetarian friend who had eaten there several times. We tried it out and were really pleased. The plat du jour was different each day we ate there and was always interesting and good. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and we also enjoyed talking with the owner for a while. This restaurant will be high on our list next time we visit Montpellier.

Pros: interesting menus, good value, friendly staff
Cons: none!
cakeandcounselling
cakeandcounselling

Lovely little cafe

3 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2014

This is the only veggie restaurant in Montpellier so it's not got much competition, but it's a nice little place with a decent menu and options for vegans and gluten free diets too. The staff are friendly and most of them speak English too, always helpful for tourists!

Pros: Vegan and Gluten Free options, Reasonably priced, Friendly staff
Cons: Rather basic meals, Lots of spiritual pamphlets etc around
button
button

Loved it!

5 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

I don't understand why this place seems to be getting such lack-luster reviews. I ate here 3 or 4 times while I was in town for a week, and had excellent food and great service every time. I'm vegan and had no trouble finding plenty to eat each time I went. The decor and atmosphere are nice too. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

JonJon
JonJon

Not really amazing

2 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

The restaurant is well located near the Place de la Comédie, with a beautiful vaulted stone room. However, the food lacks refinement, and very few dishes are vegan (dish of the day is almost never do). However, it is the only vegetarian restaurant in Montpellier that is open evenings and weekends.

Pros: well located, good choice of healthy drinks
Cons: food lacks refinement, too few vegan options, closed too early in the evening
Capedamon
Capedamon

Middle of the road

3 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2013

I visited this restaurant last week and was surprised to find it almost empty (it had just gone 9pm). As my friend and I had clearly arrived after the main sitting, there were only two meal options - both quiches. Even so, the waitress was confused as to who had ordered what...
The food itself was quite pleasant. The quiches were both tasty with a good crisp pastry and the accompanying salad and cooked veg were fresh and flavourful. We both ordered lassis to drink, but I was disappointed that for €4.50 you only receive a 250-300ml glass of lassi that I wasn't convinced was freshly made. In total the meal cost over €14 each, which I class as quite expensive - I can eat better and more cheaply in central London! To be honest, I go out to eat things I can't make at home so it was a bit disappointing and considering so many other restaurants also sell vegetarian quiches, I can't see how this place survives given their prices.

Pros: nice decor, food was fresh and tasty
Cons: expensive, Don't arrive late!
Helle76
Helle76

Nice, but a bit uneven.

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

One of the very few all-vegetarian places in town. I have been coming here for lunch from time to time for the last 2,5 years. The food is generally good, the daily specials in particular, but a bit uneven, depending, I guess, on who is in the kitchen. I appreciate the generous portions and the non-greasy food. It would be great it they could include more vegan options. The service is invariably nice and friendly, though.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 27, 2013

Pros: Good food, friendly staff
Cons: Uneven, not many vegan options
Epstein
Epstein

Tripti Kulai

2 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

We found this eating place very mediochre, it,s only saving grace that is one of very few vegeatian restaurtants in the city of Montpelier

Pros: totally veg, central location, smallish portions
Cons: uninteresting menu, not gourmet, more a cafe than a restaurant
Quamox
Quamox

Not bad ... but not good either

2 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2012

This is one of the Sri Chinmoy inspired places that seem to be all over the world now. The food was not bad in any way, it just lacked excitement, flavour and imagination. I wouldn't bother going here again. Perhaps worth a look if you are desperate for a vegetarian meal.

Pros: homestyle food, central location, good value
Cons: boring food, lack of options
featherives
featherives

Take a pass

2 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2010

This is the only vegetarian restaurant in a college town which shocked me. The food was bland and tasted badly. I'm okay with bland and tastes good, but this food was just bad. I rarely label a food as gross, but it was gross. I couldn't even finish it and gave it to my friend who agreed it was gross, but finished it because he was starving.

They also didn't have an item that I ordered and instead of being accommodating and giving me chips instead of bread with my hummus, the server was rude.

She was rude, period. She was working on a project and when we told her we were ready to order to rudely told us to hold on a minute and didn't even look up. It was like we were bothering her.

My friends had gazpacho which they said was the worst they'd had in their life. I will never return here.

Cons: Service, Tasteless, gross food
earthville
earthville

Creative homestyle cooking and cheerful decor

3 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2010

With its barrel-vaulted stone ceiling and cheerful colors, Tripti-Kulai is a pleasant little place.

The menu is mostly honest, simple, homestyle cooking with a bit of creativity (stuff your health-conscious friends might cook for a special occasion). It isn't gourmet, but it's hearty and the portions are relatively generous.

One criticism is that, while there is a nice selection of starters and salads, there are just four or five main dishes from which to choose, only two of which are vegan.

There's one vegan dessert - a nice fruit crumble (though the desserts are a bit on the pricey side).

The beverage section of the menu offers many more options, and its very central location makes it a natural place to drop in for a drink and a bite when in the old city center.

It can be busy at peak meal times, so consider coming ahead of the rush. An English menu is available.

Pros: Hearty, healthy food, Cheerful vibe
Cons: Few vegan options, Desserts are quite expensive
Gary Lawrence
Gary Lawrence

The best

5 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2009

We live in Montpellier and it's the only veggie place eat out. It's the only place my wife wants to eat out; We take the kids here at least once a month. it's just so good that non veggies come here.

Pros: good value, healthy food, original
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Tripti-Kulai: