CLOSED: Trio - NTU

Address in Chinese 台北市大安區溫州街79號. A modern cafe in a quiet neighborhood. Offers American brunch, Italian and fusion style meals, and afternoon tea. Limited vegan options. REPORTED BY NON-VEG PLACE PER REPORT Apr 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Italian, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Fusion

JesseD
JesseD

Not for Vegans!

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

I went here after discovering that the nearby Loving Hut had closed. The friendly and helpful waitress pointed out the only two dishes (out of probably a few dozen) which were vegan, so I chose a pasta one. When it arrived it had finely grated, partially melted cheese sprinkled over it. She realised as soon as I pointed it out and raced it back to the kitchen, to bring it back a few moments later. They had just scraped off as much of the melted cheese as they could, and then put a few pieces of broccoli over the top to cover it up. At that point I gave up and got up to leave, and after offering to re-make it the waitress apologised and said she didn't expect me to pay for it (not that I wanted to!). Even if it had been vegan, it would have been over 200 Taiwan dollars for a few spoonfuls of pasta with a typical tomato sauce - hardly value. Staff were friendly and the place had a nice relaxing atmosphere, but I definitely won't be going back!

Pros: nice atmosphere, close to Gong Guan , friendly staff
Cons: hardly any vegan dishes, staff don't understand veganism, expensive for what you get

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Trio - NTU: