Trinity Brewing Company

Serves meat, veg options available. The focus is on beer though menu includes several vegetarian dishes, clearly marked. Substitutes for vegans/vegetarians are suggested on the menu. Veg options using seitan, tempeh, veggies. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by CalebSedgwick
Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

Not Gluten-Free Friendly

3 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

Now I know this is a place for veggie food, not gluten-free, so I won't rate them based on that, I just know I'm not the only gluten-free vegan out there, so if you're like me, don't waste your time - there is little to nothing here for you.

That said, I want a few times in years past before I realized it was a gluten allergy that was making me miserable, and the food was decent. The menu is clearly marked with vegan and vegetarian options, and their beer is quite good.

If you go, expect pub food, a bit heavy and greasy, which is sometimes just what you want.

I noticed another reviewer said their menu has recently changed, so that might be something to look into. I'm going off of the last time I ate there.

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian clearly marked, Good microbrews, Nice pub atmosphere
Cons: Little to no gluten-free options
The Eating Hippie
The Eating Hippie

Generally Yummy Food - But No More

2 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

Trinity Brewing has many clearly marked vegetarian and vegan (though not always healthy) options. Several of the salads and appetizers are tasty, as well as the seitan gyros and sweet potato fries. The restaurant is funky and casual, with a newly-improved and expanded outdoor patio. Expect noise and a wait, but friendly staff and good food/drinks.

Overall, a fun and easy place to be vegetarian!

UPDATE - June 17, 2013

Due to a new kitchen manager, Trinity's has radically changed their menu, deleting many of their previously innovative vegetarian/vegan options. Their best dishes, including seitan gyros, the Forest Salad, and mushroom sliders, are gone. This is a truly disappointing change, and leaves only a few, mostly undesirable meals for vegetarians/vegans. I would no longer recommend Trinity's, except as a place for good drinks and sweet potato fries.

Two cows, because their food was mostly edible and the service was still friendly.

Pros: Good food/drinks, Clearly marked options, Local foods used
Cons: Noisy, Often very busy, Few vegan dishes
vsmiller
vsmiller

Don't waste your time or money.

1 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

The food was not fresh and way over priced.I was so sick the night me and my family ate there, I could not sleep. There's a difference between being Veg/Vegan and knowing how to cook and present a good healthy menu and only throwing some things together that you think are Vegan.

Cons: food, quality, price

victoire
victoire

Great neighborhood brewery!

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I love having this place right around the corner! Their house beers are delicious and they also always have something new and interesting on tap. The servers are very knowledgeable about the beer. It's often crowded, which can occasionally lead to slow service, but the vibe here is so laid back and fun. The food is basic pub fare, taken up a notch. The vegan options are very good! I love the seitan wings with the peanut dipping sauce and the asian seitan wrap. The fries are great as well. I only wish there were more vegan dipping sauces available.

Pros: Variety of beers, Seitan seitan seitan!!, Cool vibe
Cons: Inconsistent service, Finding a table on a busy night, More vegan sauces!
myallard
myallard

Wonderful place

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2012

I met my family at the Garden of the Gods and then had dinner at Trinity on a Saturday night. They were very busy but found us a table for 8. The hostess was wonderful,very accomodating. There were many choices for the vegan, vegetarians and the meat eaters. I mentioned that we found them on happy cow.net and loved there food. They didn't charge us desssert for the birthday boys. Oh yea, the beer was awesome too!

Pros: excellant food, friendly staff
Cons: small place
Zaker
Zaker

Good find!

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2011

Beer and vegan options: what more do you want? Oh, how about service that cares about their beer. The waiter gave me a taste of several because I might not like a particular saison. He asked my taste preference and went on explaining the beer.

But back to the food. My gf had an asian seitan wrap. Very good! And my gyro seitan wasn't incredibly awesome, but it was very good.

Pros: veggie substitue options, friendly staff, beer
CalebSedgwick
CalebSedgwick

Dank

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2011

I ate at Trinity twice last summer and really liked it. Both times I had their vegan buffalo seitan salad. I travel to Colorado Springs for work every now and then and next time I'm there I will be going back. Also if you like micro brew the ones I tried were fantastic.

Pros: Good Vegan Food, Great Micro Brew

Dear Owner and Manager of Trinity Brewing Company: