CLOSED: TribuTerre Bistro

Serves meat, veg options available. Co-op organization dedicated to healthy food, promoting inter-generational exchanges, and supporting local community. Mostly vegetarian (some vegan) with fish. Has vegan pizzas, paninis, salads. 95% organic, local or fair trade. Previously on Beaubien Est and was all veg but no longer. DEC 2012 SHUT DOWN. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Italian, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
2590 Jarry Est (2e Ave)
Montreal, Quebec H2S 2H4
514-276-3999

Open Mon-Tue 8am-9pm, Wed-Fri 8am-11pm, Sat 4-11pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by dkingdesigndotcom
Reveuse
Reveuse

My only but far stop for non-frozen vegan pizza

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

I've gone twice for take-out pizza at TriboTerre, and I'd definitely go much more often if it was not so very far from my home.

The service is excellent, the food is good, especially the Ortolana one I had tonight! The first one I had, the Hero one, was nice. You can ask for any vegetarian pizza to be made with "fauxmage" (vegan cheese) and all the pizzas are clearly labelled vegan, vegetarian or omnivore. Also, the atmosphere is down-to-earth, with recycled juice jars as water pitchers and an open kitchen.

If you're lucky enough to be close to them, it's worth a visit.

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Great service, vegan items labelled cklearly
Cons: Difficult to get to, Too far...
PlanetEarth
PlanetEarth

Neat

4 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2009

Really small place; we were four and then 2 other people came in and the cook had to call someone else to help him as he was doing everything alone, from making the dough to cutting the veggies; funny! food is irreproachable but average I guess; pizza is pizza; otherwise the name is awesome. And it's a coop, and it's organic and the such good things in life.

Pros: tibet
Cons: tiny
bete_noire
bete_noire

pleasant experience

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2008

i discovered les cuisines about 2-3 months ago i have been there only once since i usually don't hang out in that part of the town. i went there with my non-vegetarian boyfriend and we both thoroughly enjoyed our pizzas. i love that they have "create your own pizza" option (which i took full advantage of).
the restaurant is very small and not much of an ambiance, almost like somebody's dining room (i prefer restaurants with slightly dimmed lights or some sort of lighting design). that aside, the owner/waiterss was nice enough, but a little bit slow even though we were the only two people in there. it took about 10 minutes before she came over to bring the menues, another 10 minutes after we've closed our menus for her to take our order, the pizza itself came pretty fast though, and then it took another 10-15 minutes of waiting after we've finished our meal and she took off the dirty plates to get our bill and to pay. i definitely plan on going there again when i have an entirely free afternoon.

Pros: affordable price, create your own pizza, quality of food
Cons: slow service, ambiance

teal_ocean
teal_ocean

Yum!

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2008

Great salads, cozy (smallish) and clean. We got a vegan pizza with spinach, tofu, mushrooms, olives and red peppers. We went after reading the one post on here about "raw" vegan cheese--but I couldn't stay away. It was well worth the trip and delicious in my opinion. Also a great cause.

Pros: Great food, Good value, VEGAN pizza!!
Cons: Staff confused easily
cookiemonster
cookiemonster

Ok

3 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2008

I was a little disappointed after hearing there was a place that had vegan pizza with cheese. The staff is very nice but clearly not vegan, ie. they offer vegan options but they are not done too well.

The cheese they use is Earth Island mozzerella which is wonderful, melting vegan cheese. However it doesn't work just like regular cheese and takes a bit of fiddling to get it right, sadly they haven't worked to figure it out. The times I have gone, my cheese was undercooked and mostly still raw. They should considering the cheddar version.

Also, be careful, most of the "vegan" pizzas do not come with "fauxmage" ie. fake cheese. You have to specifically request it in all but one case.

The crusts at this place are super super thin. Which might be why they don't cook them long enough to melt the veggie cheese. Sometimes they are short on ingredients so enter the place with an open mind.

Otherwise, they are wonderful, seem really kind and dedicated to good. They offer vegan cheese which is amazing in this not so vegan city. Prices are average for a dine-in pizza place, about $20 for a large pizza, enough for 2 people.

Pros: vegan cheese, nice staff
Cons: vegan cheese needs work, out of toppings, thin crusts
raphalla
raphalla

Good Pizza, Nice People

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2008

Nice cosy little place serving tasty different kind of pizza.
The speciality in the menu could be a simple tasty spaghetti, that is what we had.

Pros: Food, Service, Price
Philippe
Philippe

Best vegan pizza in town!

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2007

I live in Montreal and only discovered this pizza restaurant tonight! We tried 2 of the vegan pizzas, but they can also 'veganize' most vegetarian pizzas by replacing the dairy with soy cheese.
The crust is thin, tasty and crispy. Excellent!
The toppings are excellent!
Unfortunately they are closed on Mondays. Most vegan restaurants in this city are closed on Mondays :(

Pros: Taste, Friendly service
Cons: Closed on Mondays
dkingdesigndotcom
dkingdesigndotcom

Excellent vegan pizzas

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2007

My wife and I went to this restaurant during our stay in Montreal. We braved the rain and eventually arrived there a little soggy even with our umberallas but luckily the pizzas made up for the weather.

The restaurant is fairly small but cozy with a nice atmosphere. The owner/chef is friendly and she made the dough and pizzas in view of the customers at the back of the restaurant.

We ended up having two pizzas at first and then getting a third one afterwards (since we didn't have breakfast nor lunch we were starving!). We got the three 10" pizzas for around $31 (tip was extra but no extra tax charged).

Our first two pizzas were very good. I can't remember what they were but they were vegan ones (only four vegan pizzas on the menu although you can "create your own" if you'd like) and delicious.

The third pizza was interesting in that it had lemon on it! I never imagined lemon could be anyway involved with a pizza but it was very good and unique. It was my wife's favourite of the three.

The restaurant is highly recommended especially if you are wishing to have a vegan pizza while travelling.

Pros: tasty vegan pizzas, good value, cozy place
Cons: no vegan soup, ----, ---

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: TribuTerre Bistro: