Makes ice cream in-house including several vegan options. Flavors change weekly. Also serves desserts and drinks. more-less
22965 Woodward Ave
Ferndale, Michigan
248-544-3440

Open Mon-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12-9pm.

First Review by samanthamuffin
ileanemcg
ileanemcg

Best Vegan Ice Cream

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

Made from rice milk and always delicious, there isnt a non dairy ice cream I love more. I wish theyd start doing coconut milk flavors as well because I cant imagine how amazing it would be then. The flavors change often, and ive had everything from avocado chocolate chip to mexican chocolate, and their sorbets are a must try as well.

Pros: Flavors, Rice Milk, Tasty
Cons: Wish It Was Coconut Milk
vegette
vegette

good, but not completely satisfying

3 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

I had no idea this place had vegan options until I read about it on this website. I have been a couple times. They always have two vegan choices. The flavors I can remember are the Mexican chocolate and the peanut butter and jelly. The flavors were good, but I think the "ice cream" is made with rice milk, which is more icy and less creamy. It is good to stop by sometimes just to experience the unusual flavors, but I would rather eat soy or almond or coconut milk ice creams from the grocery store.
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 23, 2013

Pros: Unusual flavors, Two vegan options all times
Cons: Not 100% satisfying texture
samanthamuffin
samanthamuffin

Nice Surprise

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

My husband has loved Treat Dreams since they first opened, but they just recently started serving vegan flavors, so I was finally able to give them a try. They change their flavors weekly. Check out their Facebook page to see what they are currently serving.

When we went in, they had vegan Pina Colada and vegan Mexican Chocolate. I sampled them both and really liked both the flavors. The Mexican Chocolate was very rich, so I went with a scoop of the Pina Colada. It was really tasty. There were chunks of pineapple and coconut strewn throughout. One scoop was $2.80, so I think it's a bargain.

I will definitely be back, and I suggest you give it a try, too!

Pros: Inexpensive , Great flavors
Cons: Many of the ice creams have meat in them

Dear Owner and Manager of Treat Dreams: