Like a little pub, with veggie food. Smoking permitted from 11pm only. Can veganize the food on the menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, German, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out

anderson_santos
anderson_santos

Good place, bad service

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

I used to go to this place and was quite happy. The food was fine (not the best, but far from bad), the place is very easy and alternative, so you can come and just be yourself. Until I had, after many times going there, to complain about a food that I found it was too spicy and they didn't state it on the menu.

Turned out they were accusing me to be mistaken, and as it was a curry dish, it was supposed to be spicy. Strangely enough, I have had indian curry for lunch the same day and it was much less spicy. Saying that since I've eaten almost all of it (which I had two spoonfuls to be sure it was not my tastebuds, clearly far from "everything") they could only provide me more rice or salad to keep eating the food I said "it was too spicy for me". Quite a frustrating solution.

Later on, I told the waiter about my dissatisfaction while paying and the answer was a dry "that's not up to me". And he left.

So, even though it's a nice place to go (don't eat the soja medallion if you are not a fan of hot spices, and the lasagna is over spiced too), I wouldn't recommend to anybody until they learn what means to take positive feedback from customers without trying to make them feel guilty for having a different opinion.
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 21, 2014

Pros: environment, price
Cons: service
Ophee
Ophee

Very Cool!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

I really liked it here. I got the chili cheese fries and they were great. My boyfriend got the chicken burger and it was excellent. I got the algae tofu burger and it wasnt good. Besides that, there are tons more on the menu I want to try!

Pros: good atmosphere, delicious
Cons: a bit pricey, dont try the algae burger
Tofuschnecke
Tofuschnecke

Real Fast Food

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

If you want burgers etc. that are really like burgers and not like healthy and stuff ;), then this is the place to go. Also the perfect atmosphere for food like that! Great music and table soccer included.
True, the food isn't very healthy and the Chili Cheese Fries could be less soggy. But just don't go there if you expect a real restaurant or gourmet food and you'll be happy with your Tofish-Burger and Chili "Cheese" Fries!

Pros: Great vegan fast food, Many vegan options, Good value
Cons: Not all vegan, Smokey when you arrive to late

MicheleVeganese
MicheleVeganese

Rock Music And Vegan Dishes

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

I had Been looking for a simple Vegan place to end the Working day. And i found a great variety of food within a rock music ambience.

Pros: Vegan Option On Everything, Rock Music Ambience
darrylyoung
darrylyoung

Great food and beer!

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2012

I've lived in Cologne for a couple of years now and this has been one of my regular places to go for a couple of beers and some good vegan food. Granted, the menu is vegetarian and not fully vegan but you can get everything with vegan cheese. We typically get chips with 'cheese' and a big burger - they're amazing! The staff are really friendly and it's got a great 'small pub' atmosphere. They have a brilliant selection of beers and the prices throughout are pretty cheap in comparison to most places.

Pros: great food, lots of beer, friendly staff
Cons: sometimes there aren't enough seats
heywood100
heywood100

A fun pub

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2011

OK, I didn't actually eat any of the food here, as it was much too full to sit down when we turned up - it sounded good from the menu though. Furthermore, Trash Chic is an excellent pub with cheap beer and a friendly clientele, and they put up with a group of rowdy British types until five in the morning, so I couldn't resist rating it anyway and encouraging you to go there. I'll give it four, but it's only missing that last star because I never actually tasted any food, which seems like the primary point of a food website ;)

veganik
veganik

Vegan desserts too!

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2010

Friendly service and relaxed atmosphere with plenty of vegan options, including a cake. Good value burgers, pomme frites etc, they also had some other, healthier options like falafel salad plates.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, good service, good value
ampallang
ampallang

great, friendly!

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2010

the first time Sadly i was there late and I only had a beer. Nice place. BUT i did make some great friends in koln and they say its the best vegan food in koln and open late. I suggest to try it. Fast food.. I think hot chips are 2 euro.. thats all i remember.
But when I was here in 11.09 I had a burger, it was nice and with chips. Very tasty! good prices, especially for köln! The chef actually was very friendly and talked with me and my friend for 30 minutes

Pros: a selection, good beer and music, friendly service
Cons: doesnt say wahts vegan on menu, ask the staff
cooking4vegans
cooking4vegans

Tasty German-style pub grub

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2010

Went for an evening meal while visiting Cologne. When I asked which dishes were vegan, they said that the dishes could be made vegan or vegetarian. We had the Tofisch with creamed potatoes and spinach and the Currywurst with chips which were both very tasty. Tasty, warm pub food, also good value.

It was very dark and smoky inside which I personally found a little intimidating from the outside, but once we went in the staff were friendly and it all seemed very relaxed, it would probably be a great place to visit as a regular hangout.

Pros: good value, friendly, nice food
Cons: dark and smoky
eattherich
eattherich

Amazing!

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2009

Great food, very friendly staff and excellent beer! The vegan food was amazing. We'll definitely be going back...

Pros: Great food, Great beers, Friendly staff
yvo
yvo

Hamburger, fries and kicker!!

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2009

Now this is really a place I'd recommend to all vegans! Don't eat for a whole day, go there and try everything on the menu! Trash Chic is not a fancy place (what's in a name, right!?), but a place where most young people would feel comfortable. We arrived and it was still a bit early in the evening. Not a lot of people inside and it was actually quite dark inside... We only saw a day menu and we weren't really impressed. It's out of the city centre so we decided to have a drink and see what the evening would bring. And that's when we saw the menu... holy sh*t! Hamburgers, schnitzels, fries, tapas... and so many vegan options it took us forever to choose. My girlfriend and I both don't drink alcohol and the they had some very good alcohol free beers. Perfect combination with the hamburgers!
The staff is awesome. Young punk kids, relaxed and friendly.

Like I said, it's not the cleanest place ever, the food is not the healthiest, but it's good and tasty. If you want a salad bar, this is not your place. If you wanna live a little, go to Trash Chic!

PS: you can play kicker/ tablefootball there! yay!

Pros: sweet punk kids-staff!, delicious food, good atmosphere
Cons: a little dark...
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

What a fun place with great food!

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2009

I was so happy we went to Trash Chic. We spoke to several vegans in town who all recommended it. Its a short Uban ride across the river and a block from the station, super easy to get to. Everyone there was so friendly, from the guys behind the bar to the patrons having drinks. The chef was extremely nice and cooked me up an oil free Gnocchi, which was amazing and well beyond the caliber of bar food. We downed many organic Pinkus beers and had wonderful conversation to go along with the great food an drink. You can't miss this fun place while you are in Cologne! I only wish we could have stayed long!

Pros: FRIENDLY, great chef, good music
hack_man
hack_man

My Kind of Place

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2009

A little out of the way from Cologne city centre (U-Bahn from Neumarkt, get off at Kalk Kapelle; only a couple of minutes walk from here). The place is amazing and is run by a super friendly English speaking German guy who makes you feel extremely welcome. It's more of a local thing here, everyone in the neighbourhood probably pops in at some point during the week. They serve a lovely type of Kolsch and the range of food is great specialising in various types of burgers - the Tofisch burger is superb! (lots of vegan choice plus dairy free condiments such as mayo and tartare sauce). Vegan desserts are also served. Essentially, this is just great simple bar food with a special touch.

There is a strong music theme throughout, a table football game and numerous board games. Food is a bonus but not an essential here. The place opens at 4pm, starts to fill around 8pm and closes when the last person leaves which could be right until 6am. Truly amazing.

Pros: atmposphere, food, beer
Cons: smokey

Dear Owner and Manager of Trash Chic: