Serves meat, veg options available. Beach bar restaurant with a chilled out atmosphere with hammocks, sun beds and umbrellas. Uses fresh local produce. Serves many vegan slow food dishes. Salads of generous portions are on the menu. Holds yoga classes. Live music, art exhibitions. Open 9:30am-Late. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Greek, Non-veg
Beach Rd., Perissa
Santorini, Greece 84703
22860-85230
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by kbrooksby
Betty Chaudhry
Betty Chaudhry

GREAT vegan choices, nice laid-back atmosphere

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2014

Our waitress instantly pointed out all the (numerous) vegan options on the menu. Fabulous veggie burger, amazing "gigante" bean dish, and awesome, huge salads. Great atmosphere - very laid back and definitely catering to backpackers, longtime travelers etc with the background music of Bob Marley and other familiar songs. You MUST have at least one meal at this place if you are visiting Santorini; it's one of the few places where the entire staff understands perfectly what the words "vegan" and "vegetarian" mean, and their dishes deliver.

Pros: Delicious food, Huge portions, Easy laid-back atmosphere
mumpsimus
mumpsimus

Amazing food

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

Absolutely in love with their food! I was there in August and found them by accident (they were not on happycow at the time). Very friendly staff, great atmosphere and most importantly amazing food. Very large portions too, which I was very happy about because I have a big appetite.
Even though we only had four days on Santorini we went two days in a row and I would have went four days if only I had found them earlier. You have to try the bean stew if it's available, it's a traditional Greek dish but I forgot the name (should have written the review when I went, sorry).

Edit: Apparently I can only give four cows because this is a non-vegetarian restaurant. Silly rule if you ask me? The place is very friendly towards vegetarians and vegans, more veggie than meat dishes if I remember correctly.

Pros: Big portions, Friendly staff, Great Food
kbrooksby
kbrooksby

Many Veggie options

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

Very happy we found Tranquilo, lots of veggie options and huge portions. Everything was fresh and good quality. The staff and music was great. I nice place to chill out.

Dear Owner and Manager of Tranquilo Santorini: