Serves meat, veg options available. Casual dinner atmosphere featuring many vegan and vegetarian dishes. Creative use of wheat gluten to simulate traditional meat dishes. Hosts a monthly vegetarian buffet. Near USF. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Vietnamese, Asian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
1524 E Fowler Ave (BB Downs)
Tampa, Florida 33612
813-979-1464

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gallo39
LorinWinter
LorinWinter

So many options!

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

4 pages of vegan options! They have so much to chose from it took me forever to decide. Thats a problem I rarely have trying to eat out vegan in tampa.

Vegetarian123
Vegetarian123

Tasty food

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

I visited Trang Viet Cuisine for the vegan buffet they offer once a month. I enjoyed the food, which was tasty and the family that runs it is very pleasant and welcoming. The inside of the restaurant is nicely presented. My concern with Trang was that after eating there, I read the inspection by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. I hope the new owners will address the issues that the Department found and have few issues during the next inspection.

CoconutPrincess
CoconutPrincess

4 page ALL VEGAN Menu

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2013

Awesome! Went here for dinner, and this place is great. They have a 4 page all vegan menu- my boyfriend got the fake "beef" and I got the ginger "chicken", both were excellent. Prices were not bad either. They also hae a all vegan buffet Saturdays at 5:30. And free wifi. A++

Pros: great food, extensive vegan options , reasonably priced
Cons: shady section of town

riley1ig
riley1ig

Loved this place for years!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

I have been coming to Trang's for years, literally. They first opened on one side of town when I was a kid and my parents found the place and now, as an adult, I have enjoyed their university area location, on the other side of town, for years. I love their food. It ebbs and flows at times, but overall I have always been pleased and I always come back for more. Their menu selection is outstanding and their food is always fresh. I look forward to patronizing this restaurant for many years to come!

Pros: Great food, Great value, Friendly staff
Cons: No Cons Worth Mentioning
annaegel
annaegel

New owner

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2012

Trang has been sold recently. Time will tell if they will keep the menu the same. At there for their once a month vegan meetup. Some of the food at the buffet was good, some wasn't.

Pros: vegan
Cons: new owner
bertrand43
bertrand43

Hidden Vegan Gem

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2012

Visited Trang this weekend in the search for Vegan food of any kind in the Tampa/St. Pete area. Trang showed up on Happy Cow as vegetarian friendly. What an understatement! They had several menu pages of Vegan options! We started with the four-seasons rolls. The spring rolls were fantastic and the summer rolls were very good. The sauces were great too. We had several different vegan dishes, all fantastic. I had the ginger beef and then came back the next day and had the Vegan stew. Both were unbelievable. They use small amounts of imitation meats and instead highlight very fresh vegetables and homegrown herbs and spices. Everyone enjoyed their food immensely and the servers and chef were as friendly as can be. One of the best restaurant experiences we have ever had. This place needs to be highlighted as a top rate Vegan and Vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: Food, Staff
osprey
osprey

Great Variety

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2010

I absolutely love this place! The staff is very friendly and prompt. It's true the decor is, for better terms, non-existent, but that doesn't bother me. It's usually pretty quiet when we go so it's a nice place to wind-down. I have yet to have a bad experience with their food, I have ordered mostly vegan items (and a few veg) and all have been delightful. The autumn rolls are one of our favorite items, as well as the curry chik'n. My husband often has a hankering for their chik'n drummies. I felt they were a little dry, but they had enough sauce on the plate to dip, which helped. I recently had their ginger chik'n; which I would not recommend unless you like a LOT of ginger! I thought it was wonderful, but not everyone in my party liked the strong flavors. I'd give them 5 cows if I could!

Pros: excellent food, good variety
Gretchen Garcia
Gretchen Garcia

Delicious vegan food!

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2010

When I found this restaurant and its 4-6 pink pages of vegan and vegetarian food (all clearly marked as such), I was blown away. When I go I must always get the Vegan Four Seasons Platter, which consists of Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter rolls, each with their own sauce. The vegan cheesecakes and carrot cake are equally as delicious. The Vietnamese coffee can be served hot or iced with the choice of soy milk. The Vegan Triangles and Curry Soup are also great to try. Although this restaurant can be tricky to find, it is well worth the occasional U-turn. It is in a plaza with Atomic Tattoos and a Mexican shop on the north side of Fowler Ave, just east of 15th St. Enjoy!!!

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Decadent vegan desserts, Vietnamese coffee
Cons: Closed on Sundays, Serves meat also
enjoyyourbear
enjoyyourbear

Wonderful Restaurant

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2010

The staff is so nice and attentive. The food is delicious (you MUST try the vegan spring rolls). My sister, her friends, my friends, and I all drive 45 minutes+ to get there, because it's so good! I've never had a complaint nor does anybody else I've met. I would give it five cows if I could.

Pros: wonderful staff, great food, low key atmosphere
Butterscotchhair
Butterscotchhair

So many vegan choices!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2009

First let me say I was thrilled to see more than 2 vegetarian choices on a menu in this area. I believe there were 4 pages of vegetarian fare with many of them clearly marked as vegan. The food was wonderful. Even my husband who sometimes eats meat ordered a vegan appetizer, entree, and desert and he loved them all. It was also very affordable.

Pros: vegan variety, excellent food, friendly staff
Corinna
Corinna

I heart Trang's

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2009

This restaurant makes Tampa the place to be! I have tryed almost everything on their extensive veg menu and haven't found anything I didn't like! As a bonus they have vegan desserts including cheese cake!
They also have a once a month vegetarian lunch buffet (with vegan options) which is worth trying.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, Great value
azzureelove
azzureelove

I love this place

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2009

After reading about this on Happy Cow I have become a loyal customer. The staff is very friendly, and they have several vegan options. My boyfriend and I go for the lunch special and I am glad to be in a place that serves food for both of us. $6.50 spring roll, soup, entree and rice.
I love the vegan carrot cake!

Pros: large menu, many vegan options, vegan dessert
Cons: never would have found w/o happy cow
pollyanna
pollyanna

yeah!!!REVIEWS!!!!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2008

I am so glad to see so many people have been to Trang.I'm glad I got it on here.It's definitely the best vegan food around in my opinion.Ive never been served meat before, but accidents happen, and they are all so nice there that I would never hold it against them.I have never been dissapointed in anything I have had there.If you are vegan,veetarian, or just curios, you should check it out.

Pros: inexpensive, nice staff, lots of choices
moroccorockfox
moroccorockfox
  • raw

YAY TRANG VIET!

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2008

Such a great place. I always went to the vegan buffet before my raw days. SUCH great food and choices. Nice people and a great atmosphere. LOOOOVE the strawberry cheesecake!

Pros: Wide vegan selection, Delicious food, Such nice people
Cons: Not completely vegan, No raw choices
redheadgo
redheadgo

Super!

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2007

I travel often for my job and one of my main offices is in the Tampa area. I just discovered this restaurant (thanks to Happy Cow) and have eaten there twice now. The veggie menu is unbelievable. I brought one home to show my husband how many options there are. First visit I had the summer rolls (which were excellent), second trip the winter rolls (very good). The staff is so friendly they kicked in a free gyoza appetizer when I told them I hadn't been there before, it was flavorful and delicious!

You have plenty of options ranging from noodle dishes, plenty of lemongrass dishes and mock meats. The veggie/vegan Chicken is delicious, recommend the ginger versions, tons of flavor. Their vegan desserts are fantastic, especially the cheesecakes. Can't wait to go back in a few months!

Pros: Delicious, Moderately priced, Tons of options
Cons: Location is a bit tricky
jayspenh
jayspenh
  • raw

Decent

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2007

Its a nice cuisine. The location is close to USF, I wish they had a Raw Vegan menu to choose from. Price was fair.

Pros: Location, Vegan
Cons: Not raw vegan, Not organic
slat333
slat333

So delicious!!!

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2007

The food is inexpensive and soooo yummy!!!
Vegan desserts and yummy coconut drinks!
They have a vegan buffet 1st Saturday of the month, which sadly, I missed by about an hour!!!
My other regret is that they were not open Sunday...cause I would've gone back for sure!!!

gallo39
gallo39

Deserves its plaudits!

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2007

The restaurant lived up to its praises. The food was excellent and there were plenty of vegan choices. The veg menu was extensive and we only had trouble choosing as we wanted to try everything. The vegan desserts were also excellent. When we met up with the friends from St. Pete whom we had come to visit,they had just been there the week before and echoed our praises. A definite must when you visit Tampa.

Pros: Delicious vegan fare., Large selection., Friendly, helpful staff.

Dear Owner and Manager of Trang Viet Cuisine: