Trader Joe's

Part of a mid-size specialty food market chain. Has vegetarian and vegan food, some organic, natural personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, and more. more-less

First Review by Tigra220
MaryDella
MaryDella

Fun place to shop with great choices

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2011

This store offers a lot of Vegetarian, Vegan and Organic products. I am lucky to have a Trader Joe's in my area. The employees are happy and helpful, and this is contagious and makes the customers happy. It makes shopping a pleasant experience. As I was looking at the nuts and dry fruit an employee who was stocking items smiled and asked me if I was having fun. They do that. Try the vegetable fried rice and don't microwave it fry it in a little oil. My favorite the vegetable samosas. You can even get a list online of what items are vegan and not just vegetarian. So many wonderful things to try and so many nice people to meet. Pleasant upbeat background music too. They encourage you to bring your own bags and when I first went there they gave me one of the nice onces they sell as it was my first visit. They take the items out of your cart for you and put the in the bags. Last time they put my name in a drawing because I brought my own bag. I might win $20.00 in groceries. How nice. I cannot say enough about Trader Joes.
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 06, 2011

Pros: Friendly staff, Good selection, clean nice store
Cons: none
Tigra220
Tigra220

Life Savers!

5 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2009

I was in Delaware in Aug/Sep of 2008 visiting relatives. After waking up and realizing that I would starve I set out to find something. A few twists and turns later and Trader Joe's appeared. Boy oh boy, were they a sight for sore eyes!

I easily found my way around the store to get a few vegan items, and the workers were helpful as well. The store was neat and clean. They also had a sign on all of their registers that read, "Coming to a label near you...Vegan." Nice!

Pros: nice location, vegan labels (should be there by now), friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Trader Joe's: