Part of a mid-size specialty food market chain. Has vegetarian and vegan food, some organic, natural personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, and more. more-less
1172 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, New Jersey 07470
973-692-0050

Open daily.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Amanda R

Pretty good place for vegans

3 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2012

This is a really good place to buy vegan convenience foods like snacks and frozen meals. They now have (I think they just added it recently) clearly marked vegan and vegetarian items, which I find EXTREMELY helpful and no other store has that I know of. It's right there on the price tag for each item, so you don't have to read the ingredient lists.

I'm on a budget so I don't buy convenience food anyway. What I usually buy there is tofu and tempeh (you can't beat their prices), and sometimes raw nuts and things like that. I find it a really convenient and relatively affordable place to shop.

Go there late on a week night if you can. It is crowded all weekend, during lunchtime most weekdays, and after work on weekdays. The space is pretty small and it can be irritating shopping in such tight spaces.

Pros: good value, clearly marked vegan items, best store in the area for vegans
Cons: often crowded, not a ton of vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Trader Joe's - Wayne: