Part of mid-size specialty food market chain. Stocks some vegan and vegetarian food as well as natural personal care and household cleaning products. Some vegan foods include tempeh, hummus, organic tofu, frozen vegetable gyoza (dumpling), and others. more-less

First Review by FullyAmber
cindy_seattle
cindy_seattle

Happy Camper

3 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

I was concerned about being able to find organic produce while travelling to SLC, but i need not have worried. I'm so happy to find a Trader Joe's in the area!

Pros: Consistent, Reasonable, Organic Choices
Cons: Downtown, Only One In Town
Navegante
Navegante

LOVE this store!

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

I absolutely love the food, flowers, produce, etc. at this store. The employees are friendly. Many of their products are specifically marked as "vegetarian" or "vegan." This is my go-to place for coconut oil, bananas, flowers, and their delicious "accidentally vegan" semi-sweet chocolate chips. Every time I go in here, I always end up buying way more than I intended. Be aware that this is not a large grocery store though - so don't expect to go in here and do all your shopping. There are some things that you won't find here, and although they carry a lot of vegetarian/vegan items - there are basics like Earth Balance sticks, nutritional yeast, vegan cream cheese, etc. that you'll have to go to another store to find. Another thing is - once they sell out of an item (such as holiday treats and such) they are out for good! I'm not complaining though - for what Trader Joe's is and has - it is wonderful!

Pros: Delicious food options for vegans, Beautiful flowers, Good produce
Cons: Some items not available
FullyAmber
FullyAmber

I'm In Heaven

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

I've been in Trader Joe's withdrawals since moving from CA to UT 14 years ago. But, praise to all that is good and holy, Trader Joe's has finally arrived in the land of Zion.

Many vegan and vegetarian options from snacks, sauces, frozen items and fresh produce.

Early morning is the least crowded time to shop.

Pros: Specialty Grocery, High Quality, Great Staff
Cons: Crowded Most of the Time

Dear Owner and Manager of Trader Joe's: