Part of a mid-size specialty food market chain. Has vegetarian and vegan food, some organic, natural personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, and more. more-less

First Review by JanetVan

If you can survive the parking lot...

4 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2011

Seriously, this store gets a little crowded sometimes, but it's worth taking your life in your hands! Lots of interesting, healthy foods and whatever your dietary style, Trader Joe's helps you stay informed. This was the first place I ever heard about rennet used in cheese and why that might be an issue. But there's a great selection of good foods for everyone, plus other products. Their flax tortilla chips are my favorite snack of all time. My one nit is that I went there to get sublingual B12 vitamins and they aren't vegan plus are really expensive. Found vegan ones at WalMart for 1/4 the price. [B12 supplements are necessary for vegans.]

Pros: Healthy, Informative, Great selection
Cons: Crowded, Can be pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Trader Joe's: