Trader Joe's

Part of a mid-size specialty food market chain. Has vegetarian and vegan food, some organic, natural personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, and more. more-less
5035 S McCarran Blvd
Reno, Nevada 89502
775-826-1621

Open daily.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by hjcrave
Guest
Guest

Not the cheapest, but we must pay for healthy food

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

This is my preferred place to buy groceries for 2 reasons: The helpful and kind staff; and, the available food options.
It hurts me to see that more affordable food is very unhealthy due to processing. Although the prices can be higher than in Marketon, or Pac 'n Save, you will find more brown rice and fresher vegetables. You'll also see some healthy snacks, if you eat them-I don't. The selection of alternative milk is good. My only complaint is the size of the selection in TJ's-too small. Snacks has a wider selection than meatless foods. Maybe, this store is too small.

hjcrave
hjcrave

I love Trader Joe's

4 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2011

While I do not shop here every time I grocery shop for budget reasons, I always love to go to Trader Joe's. They have a good selection of pretty much everything, including alcohol and hygiene products. They have great vegetarian options as well as non-vegetarian optons.

Pros: alcohol, great veggies, yummy snacks
Cons: little pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Trader Joe's: