Trader Joe's

Specialty food market chain with many healthy foods, prepared ready-to-eat items, beer/wine, cereals, breads, frozen foods, milk alternatives, grocery, and more. more-less

First Review by kindlizard
PommeDeTerre
PommeDeTerre

Affordable healthy food

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2011

Despite the high end reputation this store has some of the cheapest health food in town! Reasonably priced organic produce, and they provide lists of items that fall under many diet categories to help you shop (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free).

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Crowded
MarkUser
MarkUser

Who doesn't love trader joes?

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2011

Don't be scared off by people who say this place is expensive. I heard that so much that it kept me from going here for fear of another Capella or Sundance. It is the cheapest food in town, and you won't be scratching your head trying to choose between 8 different brands of ketchup. They have tons of unique items that no other grocery store sells, and I have never looked at a price here and thought to myself "that's too expensive" as I do in every other grocery store. Unsalted options and tons of vegan options, great hummus, great salsa, and the produce albeit limited depending on the time of year, is always a great price. Where else do you get 6 organic kiwi's for 1.99$ for instance? You'll maybe get 3 elsewhere if you're lucky. I just bought 18 ounces of Blueberries for 3.99$ today, where else will you find that? And not a sale price by the way...

It's really crowded in there usually, and they seem to get rid of a lot of the items I really like (Tomato Chutney that was amazing for instance). But this place is a 5 star spot all the way. It's between here or the south eugene Market of Choice for best grocery spot in town, everything else pales in comparison.

Pros: Unique Food, Price, Service
Cons: Always Crowded (can't blame 'em)
kindlizard
kindlizard

very typical trader joes

3 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2008

Went in for some juice when in the shopping center. It has all the same bells and whistles as the other TJ's in the country. Staff was nice.

I think these guys have too much meat in their stores, so I'm not a huge fan, although they have some of the same name brand OG products under their own brand (overflow?), so you can get deals sometimes. I wouldn't go out of my way, but I was in the center anyway and would stop there under the same situation again.

Dear Owner and Manager of Trader Joe's: