Toutes Les Couleurs

Please send HappyCow some details- thanks! Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, International, Beer/Wine
26 rue Imbert Colomes (Montee St Sebastien, Rhone-Aples)
Lyon, France 69001
0472000395

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by goldie711
gaelle
gaelle

J'adore cet endroit

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

Chez "toutes le couleurs" tout nous plais !!! D'abord le personnel très sympathique et aimable, le cadre original avec cuisine ouverte, on se sent comme chez soit et enfin : les repas !!!! Une merveille pour nos papilles, une explosion de saveurs !!!! cuisine très originale !
Plats et desserts végétaliens. Le tout Bio et local !!
Prix raisonnables, compter 9euro pour le plat du jour et 25 pour entrée-plat-dessert.

Pros: accueil, très bonne cuisine, aliments bio et locaux
Cons: peu de tables
JonJon
JonJon

Organic, fresh and choices for vegan

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

Toutes les couleurs is one of the few places in Lyon where you can eat vegan really easily. The food is organic and fresh, well presented and original. About 3/4 of the menu is vegan. The place is really cute and the staff is friendly. Prices are maybe a little bit too high but they are not unreasonable considering products quality. Had a three course meal for 25 euros.

Pros: organic and fresh food, vegan choices including desserts, friendly staff and nice place
Cons: a little expensive
Tiggy
Tiggy

Sustainable, seasonal, organic...but just alright

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

I booked a table for one (boo hoo) and headed along one lunchtime (10/8/13) to check this place out. It looks great with its stone walls and soft lighting and it's a decent size and located in the fashionable Croix Rousse. I ordered three courses and started with a cabbage 'caviar' (of which I'll try to upload a picture) which came presented as a round moulded substance accompanied by bread. Unfortunately it was just a bit watery and not flavoursome enough for my liking. Next was a civet. Not the animal - although traditionally the gastronomic civet was animal flesh cooked in animal blood - but vegetables cooked in red wine. This was a bit ordinary for me and depended in the flavour of the wine, which I didn't really like, and was otherwise just plain veges. For dessert I had a vanilla verrine, a layered dessert served in a glass, with a granola. This was pretty nice and not overly sweet. I had also ordered coffee (with rice milk) - which was fair trade (yay!) - but unfortunately it was lukewarm.The staff here were lovely but the food for me was only average and the price was a bit higher than I'd have wanted.

Pros: Seasonal, organic, Fair trade coffee, Lovely atmosphere
Cons: Average food, Cold coffee, A tad overpriced

Zmeika
Zmeika

Ok

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

Interesting spot althought it's difficult to reach it. No place at on-street parking.
The food was good but not very special. The vegetarian menu were better than vegan, but it's only my opinion.
Staff was very friendly.
The toilet has a door with an opaque window, I felt quite uncomfortable.

loloford
loloford
  • raw

Very good but expensive

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

I went there for dinner so the menu is more expensive,
and portions are small.
I will go there for lunch next time as quality was really perfect and vegan restaurants are soooo rare in France!

Pros: good food, location, vegan meals
Cons: high price for dinner, small portions
frangavego
frangavego

worth the walk up the hill

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

I was in Lyon for only a couple of days for work and tried this restaurant based on the reviews on happy cow. About half way up the hill (walking from hotel de ville) I considered turning back, but there was no doubt after eating that it was worth the steep hill climb.

On the night I went they had a set menu of four courses matched with three wines. The theme was 'without cooking' Entree (marinated zucchini) and cold soups (cucumber and melon) were served together with a nice dry rose. I found the melon soup a little bit challenging at first as the sweeter flavours are something I would normally associate with dessert. The main was a lentil tart with bean shoot salad, which I enjoyed a lot. My only complaint for the evening would be that the red wine paired with this course was too heavy for the dish. Desert was a gatteuax with a crunchy chocolatey base topped with seasonal fruits.

The staff spoke good English and the service was quick, although there weren't many customers when I arrived.

Pros: delicious, good service, english speaking
Cons: wine matching could have been better, up a steep hiil
estefinparis
estefinparis

Great for vegans

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2012

Although Toutes les couleurs is a vegetarian restaurant, the vegan options are many and clearly indicated. We had a delicious and fresh dinner here, but the service was slow! Be patient, the food should be worth it.

fearless
fearless

vegetarian picasso

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2011

The food here was full of flavour with elaborate presentation. Each dish was clearly marked as vegan/vegetarian. A nice relaxed setting to dine in.
The price is a bit expensive but they have a range of mains that vary considerably in price.

Pros: very tasty food, nice presentation, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: a bit expensive, slowish service
BjornH
BjornH
  • non-vegetarian

Toutes Les Couleurs

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2011

Toutes Les Couleurs was a bit of a disappointment after reading the previous Happy Cow reviews. I ordered a Plat Gourmande for 16 Euro and all I got was a small, simple, but admittedly good-looking salad, with some sourkraut in a small bowl. For that price I could have eaten twice at Soline.

I did not help either that it took staff 5-10 minutes to acknowledge my presence, in spite of there being six people in the restuarant.

Pros: Relatively central
Cons: Pricey, Unattentive staff
suni
suni

Nice place for veggies

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2009

It was a nice experience to dine in there.The chef is so help full that she tried to explain the whole menu in English though she was not fluent .It is better to know french to enjoy completely.
The food was interesting and new . They change the menu every week.It is a good place for vegetarians who wanted to try new dishes.
I would suggest to try and enjoy the experience.

dianajoy
dianajoy

Vegetarian Haute Cuisine

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2009

What I love about this restaurant is that I eat things that I would never think to make at home. For example, I once ordered a dish served with red cabbage and chocolate sauce! Even though I'm not a big cabbage fan, I do love chocolate and I was so intrigued I had to try. It was delicious!

The menu here is always changing, so you're unlikely to ever have the same thing twice, especially because the chef uses local, seasonal organic produce. If you order the menu you can make a choice between usually 3 different appetizers, entrées, and desserts. The entrée is what determines the price, since some are fancier than others. Last time I had a polenta millefeuille which was delicious and very interesting - nothing I had ever seen before. When I go here I feel like I'm really eating out, trying new things, and actually having 'cuisine.' Which is especially nice in France, since vegetarians don't have a lot of options, and most veggie restaurants serve the same kind of thing of would make myself.

For me toutes les couleurs is a gastronomic treat(and since it's a little on the pricey side, it's definitely a splurge). Because the menu is always changing, some of the chef's attempts are more successful than others. But I know it's always going to be interesting, and I know I'll be able to try something new. And the the best part is that it's open on weekend nights, so I can go out to dinner with my sweetie!

The decor is really funky too, and in summer they have a little patio in the back. They have a range of organic drinks as well, and vegan options are clearly marked. And they have a little organic boutique where you can buy things likes spices and whatnot.

Definitely a place to check out!

Pros: inventive food, healthy and organic, nice ambiancea
Cons: a bit pricey
jbjorck
jbjorck

Incredible! (But French fluency recommended :o)

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2009

My wife and I dined here with two good friends and their 3-month old boy. We all agreed that it was one of the most delightful meals we have ever experienced. The chef was kind, patient (we were late!), and very helpful. She even brought a box of toys for the baby! Food was not only delicious but also artfully prepared. The ambiance was also wonderful...a mixture of funky and quaint. One of us spoke French well, and that really helped, but the chef was very patient with us, and I bet you could get by in only English too. If you are looking for a grand culinary adventure surrounded by old world charm, this is a dream come true!

Pros: excellent food, presentation, ambiance
Cons: a bit of an uphill climb, only in Lyon!
bunnylover
bunnylover

Excellent restaurant-- take your non-veg friends!

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2009

I took an omnivore friend here and he said it was one of the best meals he's ever had, veggie or not. There was a big group at another table having a great time, and the staff was so welcoming and helpful, we didn't feel like tourists at all. Everything was so fresh and flavorful, but also creative and unusual. The restaurant is cozy/funky.

Pros: excellent food, helpful staff, cute decor
goldie711
goldie711

Out of this world!

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2009

Spent three days in Lyon and had dinner there twice. The first night it was literally the best meal I have had in my life. The menu changes daily. There are usually 2 vegan and 2 vegetarian set menus. The second night the dinner was good but not excellent.Waitress was sensational. Chef brought food to the table. Couldn't recommend the restaurant any more highly.

Pros: excellent food, wonderful staff
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Toutes Les Couleurs: