CLOSED: Tortilla Sam's

Serves meat, veg options available. Large menu with many vegetarian and vegan options. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, Non-veg
107 Highland St
Worcester, Massachusetts 01609-2726
508-756-7267

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by tablemoonspoons
jennn
jennn

its ok...

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2008

If I get the buffalo tofu wrap, I'm not disappointed, but when I get anything else, I usually am. The last 2 times I went there my loaded nachos with grilled veggies had boiled veggies out of a bag on them, and the last time i got green chile they didn't even heat it up. This place is either hit or miss!

Pros: open late, buffalo tofu wrap is great, creative menue
Cons: sometimes rude, food is mediocre
tablemoonspoons
tablemoonspoons

good for vegans.

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2008

good for veggies and non. not the most imaginative menu, its just grilled up ground tofu as a meat replacement, its just great and cool to be able to order all kinds of mexican dishes. the taco salad is really good, and the tofu buffalo wings are great (but just good fried tofu sticks with awesome sauce). nice atmosphere, good prices (7-9$ for most meals), BIG portions for the price, byob. free chips and salsa and very hot sauce (napalm something).
its the only mexican restaurant around with so many vegan variations as far as i know, defiantly more than just a burrito. go go go!

Guest
Guest

One of my favorites!

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2008

Tortilla Sam's is one my favorite places to eat. Both my boyfriend and I are vegetarian, so we don't have too many options in the area. The food is always great. They have a wide variety on the menu for vegans to meat eaters. My favorite is the veggie & bean burrito plate. Substitute french fries for beans and rice...they are the best fries in the world! Service is generally very good. We've been there a million times and only once they messed up by putting chicken in our cheese quesadilla. They quickly fixed it! They have a variety hot sauces ranging from mild to unbearably spicey. On the appetizer menu tofu wings and homemade jalapeno poppers are our favorites. The desserts are great too. The apple burro with ice cream is a must...it's an burrito stuffed with apples & cinnamon, then fried and msithered with ice cream and strawberry sauce. SO DELICIOUS! Only difficult is parking is tight in the area, we usually find a place on the street behind the Sole Proprietor Restaurant.

Pros: many many options, everyone can enjoy it, inexpensive
Cons: parking

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Tortilla Sam's: