An eco-friendly, all natural and organic vegan bakery that offers dairy-free, egg-free, casein-free, and refined sugar-free baked treats. Gluten-free available. Espresso drinks are made with soymilk. Savory items include daily soup and savory pizza pockets. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Bakery, Canadian, Western, Take-out

saveur
saveur

Great desserts

4 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2014

I tried their dessert sampler at VegFest and everything was delicious. The cookie was a bit cakey as was the donut, but still very good.

Jenart
Jenart

great vegan shop

4 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2014

have eaten here a view times. Their sweets are great. They have 4 vegan sandwiches and I have tried all of them. Both grilled "cheeses" are good and the BLT sandwich is great. The grilled veg sandwich is a bit bland, needs something- capers or tempeh or shitake mushrooms,- something with more flavor. The shop is nice and bright but they have few seats and they fill up quickly! They also run out of their sandwiches as their chef leaves mid-day so the selection is lower in the latter part of the day. Oh and their vegan hot chocolate is very good!

Pros: great desserts, great sandwiches, bright open atmosphere
vallonicka
vallonicka

Tori's Bakeshop equals Awesomeness!

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

I've been a vegan for over 16 years, and finding this place was a true treasure. The scones are amazing! The coffee is killer, the drinks are great, the cupcakes, donuts, and anything else in the display case tasted wonderful, and had a fantastic texture - wouldn't know these items were vegan. The store is really cute, and it is in a great location, a bit outside the city, but only a block or two from the beach front on Lake Ontario - don't miss this place.

Pros: Everything
Cons: Haven't found any yet

Zo
Zo

Tori's Bakeshop

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

Lots of tasty options if you are looking to please the sweet tooth or hungry for something more, Tori's has it. We got a bunch of the goodies,including the broccoli scone and cinnabon rolls which were impressive and tasty.

Pros: Tasty , Service And Price, Atmosphere
Cons: Far away for me
maulydaft
maulydaft

cute place

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

Very cute shop in the Beaches. Mix of gluten and gluten free pastries and desserts, which is nice to have. A lot of gluten free desserts in Toronto are too salty or make gravy in your mouth, so I am relieved some of Tori's stuff is made with wheat! Lots to choose from. Unfortunately I can't remember if I thought it was expensive or not. (Bunners is a little too expensive.)
UPDATE: I've been to Tori's quite a few times now and I will admit I'm liking the savory stuff more than the sweet stuff. There's a smokey coconut sandwich to die for and a really grand cheeze and broccoli scone. The sweets are good, but not quite "interesting" enough for me to bike 40 in to get there. But there aren't really many INTERESTING vegan baked goods in Toronto anyway...
Updated from previous review on Friday April 20, 2012

Pros: nice place, variety, donuts!
hynkle
hynkle

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2012

Heading all the way out to the beaches was a bit of a lengthy journey from where we were and so we were hoping that our excursion to Tori's wouldn't end in disappointment. Far from it! Everything we got was amazing! (And we got rather a lot, as there were five of us.)

The best thing to me were the croissants, as after going vegan I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'd never eat a croissant again. But nope: Tori's has perfectly flaky and delicious vegan croissants. The cinnamon buns were delicious. The cupcakes were delicious. The cookies were delicious. The doughnuts were delicious. The coffees were delicious. The biscotti was delicious. I feel reasonably comfortable generalizing that probably absolutely everything there was delicious.

The cafe itself is lovely. Cute decor, sunny, and friendly. The staff seemed genuinely happy to be there, happy to please, and as though they took great pride in their goods.

your_ad_here
your_ad_here

Best vegan bakery in Toronto!

5 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

I love Tori's. I'll happily bike out there despite several closer spots just cos it's so perfect.

1. It's really cute. It has a nice atmosphere, plenty of seating and is tastefully decorated.
2. Wonderful staff. Everyone is so friendly and happy to help even when you're indecisive and have a hard time picking from all their baked goods!
3. Really yummy sweets. They have a nice selection of baked goods including the usual suspects like cookies, brownies and cupcakes and harder to find things: butter tarts, lemon tarts, donuts.
4. Savoury items! Tori's has the best savoury scones and biscuits. Their scones are so fluffy and moist and rich and wonderful. And they come in flavours like mushroom & thyme and cheddar daiya & broccoli. They also have sammiches like a blt (with coconut bacon) and a grilled veg.

It can be a little pricey but seems to be roughly the same amount as other vegan bakeries in Toronto. Overall, I'd highly recommend it.

Pros: yummy, good variety, nice atmosphere & pleasant staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Tori's Bakeshop:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Toronto page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/08/22