Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan-friendly beer bar in Burbank, established since 1978. Menu includes vegan sausages, vegan chili, salads, and fries. Vegan food is cooked separately. All local brewers craft beer to keep carbon footprint low, also bottle free. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1710 W Magnolia Blvd (N Reese Pl)
Burbank, California 91506
818-253-1710

Open Mon-Sat 12pm-2am, Sun 12pm-1am.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by alisong
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Vegan Beer Bar!

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

I'm not much for the vegan sausages, but this is a really great neighborhood bar with an awesome vibe and selection of beer. The owner helps out vegan organizations and a lot of meet ups happen here.

Pros: vegan friendly
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

beer and sausages

4 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2010

We've been to Tony's once before, but tonight was the first time we ordered food as well. We each got apple sage sausages (although there are 5 vegan choices) customized with our own toppings. Dirk paid $2 extra to get his with chili too. We also shared an order of frizzled onions. Yum and more yum! But it's definitely vegan junk food. We each had a smoked porter to start. Dirk ordered a flight of IPA beers afterwards while I went with a raspberry lambic. They have a terrific menu of beers. The place was busy and noisy, so we are looking forward to returning for lunch or at a quieter time so that we can play games too. They have everyone's childhood board games on hand. Tony's would be the perfect bar if they were completely vegan, but as is, it's still a great place to hang out at a bar and still have choices as a vegan.

Pros: vegan bar food, great bar atmosphere
Cons: serves meat
alisong
alisong

Fabulous all around experience

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2010

For starters i made an account just to review this restaurant because i was so sad to see that no one has reviewed it yet and i hope to help get the word out. I went here with my family for lunch (4 of us vegetarian and 2 couldn't be further from it) and I could not stop raving about it to my friends when i got home. It is unfortunate that this place is tagged as veg-friendly becuase in reality, over half of their menu is vegan and they are conscientious about keeping the things separate in the kitchen. Generally if i'm going to try a new restaurant i only look into places that are 100% vegan because that is a real treat for me but i hope that vegans will keep an open mind about this place. Tony's has a simple menu consisting primarily of sausage (with an array of sauces and toppings served over a bed of greens or on a bun),homemade potato chips, maple glazed sweet potato fires, salads and craft beers and wine. They have 6 varieties of vegan sausage made by field roast. As much as id like to complain that their menu includes sausages made from animals, it does not detract from how much i love this place. All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they explained the reason for having both meat and vegan options was that the owner is an on again off again vegan who just wanted a place that has something for everyone. While im in favor of getting my non veg friends and family to taste how amazing vegan cuisine is, i have to admit that it was nice to have lunch at a place that made everyone happy, where i didn't have to hear how "fake meat " was "not bad" but doesn't compare to the "real" stuff.
But enough about that, when it comes down to it, everything i ordered exceeded my expectations, the beer menu was exciting and the wine was unique, the atmosphere was comfortable and a bit quirky and it was run by really friendly, likeable people. Finally i will mention that Tonys is really a bar first and foremost. its was completly family friendly during the day but i am interested in finding out what it is like at night since its open till 1 or 2. I can't wait to go again on a friday or saturday night (its an hour drive for me) but hopefully i will have inspired others to check it out and let the rest of us know what they think :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Tony's Darts Away: