Tong-1 Vegetarian Garden

Cooked food and salads. Address in Chinese: 台北市中正區信陽街9號B1. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Taiwanese, Western, Fast food

JesseD
JesseD

Typical buffet, typically vegan-unfriendly

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2014

As the previous reviewer said, this is a typical Taiwanese buffet. It's clean enough, and typically priced, so little to report on really, but I just want to put a quick warning in for vegans.

I asked about what was vegan, and the lady said that everything except the omelettes and two dishes clearly containing egg were. I asked about the mayonnaise dressing, and she begrudgingly went out the back and came back and said that it wasn't. She clearly wouldn't have wanted to entertain more questions about all the fake meats, so (as with everywhere except Loving Huts and other restaurants run by members of the same group) all fake meat should be assumed to contain dairy, egg or possibly worse. Beware of small pieces of fake meat in the fried noodles.

Overall it's an ok buffet, but I prefer the two Minder restaurants in Taipei Main Station. Or if I was in that area I would usually to to the Huaining Loving Hut.

Pros: fairly central, fairly cheap, clean
Cons: many dishes probably not vegan, no way to find out if they are vegan
Caro
Caro

Very good buffet

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

This restaurant offers a really nice buffet with interesting food like vegetables, mock meat and various desserts. They also serve omelettes but I don't know about dairy.
I only give 4 cows because it is pretty much the same as the buffet restaurants I already know here but you have to consider it is very inexpensive and clean.

Pros: inexpensive, many locals, clean

Dear Owner and Manager of Tong-1 Vegetarian Garden: