Small cozy vegetarian fast food place with a vegan food menu that includes burgers, falafel, fries, hot dogs, and desserts. Cow cheese and milk is offered upon request. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Fast food, American, Western
Vor dem Steintor 152 (downtown)
Bremen, Germany 28203
+49-0-42179478528

Tue-Sat 12:00pm(noon)-10:00pm, Sun 3:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by medusa
bencamps
bencamps

Very Cool Cafe

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

Visited on 27/06/14. The menu here is all vegan, apparently cows milk and cheese is available upon request but I'm not sure if that's the case? It's an interesting burger and hot-dog menu also offering falafel, salads and other dishes. There are organic soft drinks and beer (including alcohol free), vegan hot chocolate, milkshakes, coffees and teas. I went for the 'Riot-Dog', if you don't do spicy then this is a bad choice, if you do it's, well, a riot! My partner had 'fish' burger that came with chips (Pommes frites) or salad and a choice of sauce. She enjoyed it but said it was a bit plain. The cafe is great, funky paint scheme, groovy pictures and posters and lots of plants. They were playing Nirvana's In Utero when we went which was pretty nostalgic :)

tofumond
tofumond

I'm in Love!

5 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

We came across this cute little place by accident and I fell in love immediately! We even went there twice in one weekend, because we loved it so much!

The food is delicious (try the Oriental falafel!), but a bit pricey. Anyway, we had a great time there and even if the place is kinda small, there is so much to see, because of all of the small drawings on the wall and pictures in frames!

I especially loved the drunk octopus! ;D

Next time I'm in Bremen I'll directly move into that restaurant!!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, portion sizes are ok
Cons: a bit pricey
Flynn
Flynn

Great fast food place, a little pricey

3 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

I used to go here regularly when I lived in Bremen. It's a little place, in kind of punk-diner style, run by nice people. They serve burgers, hot-dogs and falafel, all home made, very high-quality and very tasty. But if you go hoping grab a quick, inexpensive burger, you might be unpleasantly surprised. A burger or falafel, with a side and drink will cost you between 7 and 9 EUR, and the burgers are tiny (although, like i said, delicious).
The thing to do here, in my opinion, is to go in, sit down, and make a proper meal of it, and try a few different things. The Tricolor Falafel plate is great, it's 3 kinds of falafel with salads, sauces and garlic bread for about 7 EUR. There is also a special which changes every day, for about 9 EUR, these are hit and miss, but I've had a few great ones. They have a few deserts too, although i've never tried one.

Overall, it's a good place, and worth a visit for any vegan visiting Bremen.

Pros: Good Food, Nice Staff, Nice Atmosphere
Cons: Small Portions, Limited Healthy Options, A Little Pricy

KobeMangelschots
KobeMangelschots

It's Vegan And It's Awesome

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

We passed Bremen on our roudtrip to Denmark, spend the night and were looking for a place to have a quick lunch. Through happycow we decided on this joint. And we were not disappointed. Awesome location, very cool interior, friendly staff, and most importantly, awesome food. We had the cheeseburger, which was with Wilmersburger pizza cheese. Perfect combo. Once the order was passed, we only had to wait a few minutes for our food to arrive. So 5 stars from me! If I ever get back to Bremen, this will be a place to visit again. Oh, I was told by the staff that the entire menu was vegan.

NIlsI
NIlsI

great snack

3 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

The 'Tom and Karo' offers a lot of different hamburgers, hot dogs, falafels etc. It's a great place to have a junkfood meal. I loved the different options of hot dogs and the way they got served.

It's a lovely small diner!
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 07, 2013

Updated from previous review on Sunday April 07, 2013

Pros: junkfood, staff, price
BenEdiction
BenEdiction

Always a good choice

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2013

The Tom & Karo has opened his doors in 2011. I've been there several times - and I think they're doing good.
The burgers has grown a little and are always great - so it's a good choice. The falafel, fries/chips and hot dogs are good, too.
There are changing specials meals every day I think - so it's always good to check out if there's something interesting on the daily card when you're near.
The food is freshly made - which tastes great but sometimes needs a little time. The staff is friendly and knows the difference between vegan & vegetarian. Almost everything has got a vegan alternative. So def. a vegan friendly place.

The prices are a little high for that kind of food - that keeps me from getting addicted to their food ;)

It's place right in the center of "das Viertel" in Bremen and you can get there easily by tram (Station Brunnenstr.).

Pros: freshly made, great taste, vegan meals
Cons: smaller prices would be great, not enough space for eating in groups
amurleopard42
amurleopard42

delicious and fast

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

After eating at Tom & Karo's three times, my sweetheart and I can report that their burgers, falafel and desserts are incredibly delicious and served fast. No trace of the poor coordination mentioned here half a year ago. In addition, the menu is rich and fancy, and almost every non-vegan dish is prepared vegan on request. We'll come back! Well, perhaps some more seating around tables would be desirable, but we're aware that space is limited.

Pros: delicious food, fast service, rich menu
Cons: limited seating space
bhukit-tima
bhukit-tima

Nice burger / falafel / hot dog place

4 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2012

Small diners in Bremen with big selection of burgers, falafels and hot dogs.
Most of the items are vegan and clearly marked. Somewhat odd opening hours for a "fast food" snack-style place (opens at 1pm).
Food very tasty; quick service.

Pros: choice, location, taste
Cons: small place, opening hours
medusa
medusa

Tasty food, mediocre service, but there is hope

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2012

Great variety of burgers, falafels and hot-dogs. Cosy and clean place.
One might spend there more money and time than expected, because the dishes are quite small (especially the burgers, they come in almost homeopathic size) and the service sometimes quite slow and uncoordinated. The food, however, is delicious - I strongly reccomend the falafel (three different sorts). Monday is closed, which is a pity.
All in all, I hope that they will become more professional in time, because it is a place Bremen really needs.

Pros: delicious food, very clean, downtown Bremen (Viertel)
Cons: mediocre service, burgers way too small, closed on Mondays

Dear Owner and Manager of Tom and Karo: