Tofu Shop International

Casual eatery offering food made with tofu and soy products. Saturdays open by appointment only. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

Maia Rose
Maia Rose

Quality, flavour, friendly

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2016

When living nearby some years ago, I was a regular at Tofu Shop Int'l.
Recently an appointment nearby took me back there and the new generation of the original owners have taken up the mantle and improved on it.
This is exquisitely prepared food, no quick throwing together. And with quality ingredients. So the prices need to reflect this.

My husband and I enjoyed the whole experience so much we are wishing we lived nearby again.
Highly recommended. Bought the recipe book.

Pros: Beautifully prepared food, High quality ingredients, Delicious flavours
Cons: Limited seating
Tiggy
Tiggy

Good but not amazing - and overpriced

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2015

I hadn't been to this place in a while but went there with a visitor from out of town last night. I ordered tofu in miso, a chickpea dish, a tofu and eggplant dish and a tempeh and broccoli dish with steamed kale. While these dishes were nice, particularly the tofu ones, I paid $25 for a dinner plate-sized serving (although I requested the dishes to be separated in bowls). To me this buffet-style simple fare simply doesn't justify the price and this is in keeping with my memory of the last time I was here a matter of years ago.

Pros: House-made tofu
Cons: Overpriced
VeganElise
VeganElise

So-so

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2010

Canteen style where you basically point to what you want. Not everything is vegan so check. Tasty but definitely overpriced for what it is; good for a quick stop while shopping on Bridge Rd!

Pros: Convenient, Tasty, Varied menu
Cons: Expensive for what it is

amandajoy27
amandajoy27

Vegan Soft Serve

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2010

They have vegan soft serve! Coconut flavour I had, I think they change the flavour regularly. Not the best ice cream, but its soft serve and its vegan so was worth the $4.50. Which is fairly cheap for vegan ice cream.

Lunch is ok, expensive but its yum, def worth going there just for the ice cream!!

Pros: Soft Serve Ice Cream, 5 mins in tram from city
vgough
vgough

ok for quick vego bite while you shop

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2010

I ate here once when shopping on Bridge Road. Its like a little lunch bar. I remember there being something slightly confusing about the serving system. Food was ok-eclectic hot dish/salad mix of options but atmosphere is odd, bit like the side-line of a catering operation or a work canteen.
Nice to have a vegetarian option on the shopping strip with Nirvana right down the other end.

Pros: convenient to shops, vegetarian, quick stop
Cons: ?atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Tofu Shop International: