Serves meat, veg options available. Tofu is the specialty here. Vegetarian and vegan dishes are marked on the menu. Uses fresh vegetables. Rice, noodle, stir frys, stews, and more. Vegan cake available daily. Unique soundtrack, with indie bands playing most of the time. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
4804 Pacific Ave SE (Ruddell)
Lacey, Washington 98503

vegannoms
vegannoms

Wonderful

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2014

This place hits all the marks on my vegan check list. Clearly marked vegan options on the menu, delicious food, and obvious commitment to making sure everything they label as vegan actually is. They also have very friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Olympia is a veg-friendly city, but I enjoy Tofu Hut more than most other restaurants because I don't have to hassle a server about what I can eat on the menu and I can enjoy my food without wondering if the server has taken into account that a sauce may have fish in it or that sort of thing. This restaurant is a solid and enjoyable old stand-by.

Pros: Good food, Clearly marked veggie options, The food you get is actually vegan
Cons: Not as good if you're looking for fancy, Wish they had thai iced tea or coffee, Overall not a great drink selection
Veganhomecook
Veganhomecook

great Asian Fusion

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2013

I came to this restaurant for lunch during the week. And despite being very busy and having one sever the food came out quickly hot and the service was supper friendly.
Food was amazing if you like Asian fusion that is. It has a little taste of everything Japanese, Korean, Chinese.
Over all great experience, ambience, music, and staff. I will be coming back to dine here.

adaiire
adaiire

Yum :)

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2013

The Spring Rolls are a perfect healthy treat. Vegan and only $5.00 an order! Served with peanut sauce. It's a great option for a lighter meal or snack. In my experience, take out it ready in about 10 minutes.

Pros: Food, Inexpensive, Vegan options
Cons: Serves Meat

thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Americanized Chinese food, for veggies and vegans.

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2011

Good solid place to eat an asian meal I suppose. That being said I would not feel the need to go back here on my own. There are many vegan options but the food is salty and too "American" feeling for my taste.. Like American versions of Chinese food, salty and boring, so it's not super my style but that being said the food was not bad and the place was nice and laid back. All wood and and a cool place to relax and talk. The back area is nice and the times I have gone, just haning out with friends can make it worth while. You'll get a lot of soy and rice and veggies and, while nothing special, it is filling and hard to go wrong.

Pros: lots of vegan options., laid back and nice to hang out.
Cons: serves meat., food is average.
mandapanda
mandapanda

Delicious, good atmosphere

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2009

This is my go-to place for take-out in the Olympia area, despite trying to cut down on soy.. The owners are very sweet and attentive, and the food is very good (but remember to specifiy if youre vegan). To break it down, Ive had:
Sauteed Tofu- I didnt like it, probably a personal taste thing. The sauce just didnt please me.
Fresh Spring Rolls- I get these whenever I can. The sauce especially is the perfect balance of sweet and peanut-taste. Not to mention, the crunch of the deep fried tofu with the soft wrapper is just pure yum.
Potstickers- Pretty good, a little bland but the sauce gives it a kick of taste.
Inari Sushi- I dont know what this really is, but it is DELICIOUS. Purely vegan, too. If you love salty foods, try this.
V-8 Delights- This is what I normally get. Nothing too special, fried tofu and veggies with rice, but the sauce is spectacular. I order it with brown rice, and you cant tell. Its sweet but not overbearing, nice any-time dinner.
They also have vegan cakes from a local bakery, that are incredible. The red velvet is a little too rich for me, but the carrot is super yummy, with lots of fall spices and yummy frosting.
If youre looking for a new place to eat, try here. It doesnt much anything youve heard of before (besides the inari sushi), but it has a bunch you might not be able to find veganised anywhere else. And even if you can, this place does it pretty darn good. Try it.

Pros: Good Staff, Delicious Food
Cons: No Unique Food Items

Dear Owner and Manager of Tofu Hut: