Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant uses natural ingredients and Offers vegetarian dishes and a veggie soup. Friendly service. Open for dinner from 19.30. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Caracoles 271 (main street of San Pedro)
San Pedro De Atacama, Chile
n/a

First Review by nielswied
xraysez
xraysez

Vegan food on the main strip

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2015

Terra, todo natural.

Open late which is a bonus, on the main strip and easy to find.

I ate the spaghetti con bolognese (carne de soya). It was very tasty and filling.

The watermelon juice was lovely, my veggie boyfriend loved the chocolate milkshake.

The next day I had the ensalada de casa and taco guacamole (which was more like two tortillas overflowing with tasty Guac!)

The next visit I ordered two side dishes arroz blanco and venduras de wok, which was cooked veggies in soya sauce, it was heavy on the soya but I loved the mild asian flavour.

On our first night the server was really helpful, we waited to be seated (although I can't determine if you seat yourself or not when it's busy). He brought is the set menu and I asked if there was vegetarian, he explained in spanish what's veggie and asked if ┬┐tu como queso? Do you eat cheese? I explained didn't eat cheese or leche and I was vegano.

He suggested the printed menu rather than the menu of the day.

Luckily he was able to explain in English that the spaghetti with carne de soya had simple vegan ingredients.

Service can be slow when it's busy, sometimes it feels like they forget about you but just try to get a servers attention they are lovely.

Pros: Lots of vegan food , Easy to find , Open late
Cons: Service can be slow, Can get busy hard to get a table
kimmykokonut
kimmykokonut

Total frustration

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2008

This place has a good selection of tasty veggie food but I would NOT return again after the absurd service. Lonely Planet says it's worth the wait, but I disagree. The place was barely full and when we ordered our food, we watched the waiter just wander around the restaurant, doing nothing. Eventually our food came, but not our juices. We asked about the drinks, and the waiter THEN placed the order to the barman right in front of us. So our food was cold by the time we had something to drink with it. The portions are small, the food is good, the presentation is nice, the service is HORRIBLE. We asked for the check and when we handed them our Visa, they asked if we wanted to include a tip on the bill. How presumptuous! We said NO, and then they went ahead and billed the credit card with a tip! I asked them to fix it and they just gave me the change back. They were not friendly or helpful and we weren't the only customers with slow, bad service. Go to Delicias by Delia instead.

Pros: takes visa, good selection
Cons: bad service, slow service, ignorant
nielswied
nielswied

very pleasant and honest

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2008

Yes, Todo Natural is an excellent place for veggies. Even vegetarian soup is available. Pleasant staff and very honest. I forgot a small plastic bag with a couple of thousand pesos. I discovered this only the next day, went back to the restaurant and said that I left this plastic bag. They asked me how much money. I said, maybe two or three thousand pesos. No, they said, four thousand. And they gave the money back to me. Wow, great people! And good food and drinks.
Dr. Niels Wiedenhof december 2007

Pros: good food , nice staff, very honest

Dear Owner and Manager of Todo Natural: