Serves meat, veg options available. Has tempeh tacos, a spicy tofu bowl, dairy-free organic chocolate mousse, and a few other veg items. Uses local farmers' produce. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
207 N New Hampshire St
Covington, Louisiana 70433

Tue-Sun 8:00am-2:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by gogodless

Off the Beaten Path

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

This place is a hidden gem! I stopped off in Covington while traveling along I-12, and I'm so glad I did. The staff was super nice, the restaurant was very cute, and the food was delicious. I had the Curry Tofu Scramble, and they were more than happy to make it sans mushrooms for me. Definitely worth the extra few miles drive from the highway!

Northshore vegan heaven

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

This is one of the very few restaurants on the Northshore where the staff doesn't look at you funny when you say "vegan." Although it serves a variety of food, including a number of selections for omnivores, this place has more vegetarian options than all other Northshore restaurants combined, and when I asked for vegan alternatives, I was cheerfully accommodated. All the food is delicious and fresh and the staff are laid-back and helpful. The tofu bowl, tofu curry scramble and tempeh tacos are standouts. It can get crowded and loud at lunchtime, but the payoff is more than worth it. Love this place!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 22, 2013

Pros: excellent food, great vibe, super-friendly staff
Cons: noisy at peak times

Dear Owner and Manager of Toad Hollow Cafe: