Menu has vegan and gluten-free items. Makes its own flat bread, uses regional and seasonal produce. Inside is recycled furniture and decoration, a meditation and a chill-out area on premises. Has Wi-Fi. Dog friendly. Offers therapies, gives cookery classes and workshops, free talks. Organizes an organic products consumer group that's open to the public. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, International, Mediterranean, Fusion, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Calle San Pedro 22, Barrio Las Letras

Meaks
Meaks

Superb

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2015

Located on a backstreet near Parque del Retiro and the train station this gem is well worth seeking out. As well as a cafe it offers meeting rooms, workshops, meditation space, courses and offers natural therapies. There is also a small shop selling grains and incense etc. The interior is really nice and relaxed with artwork on the walls, and recycled and reclaimed ornaments and furniture.

We got chatting to the waiter who spoke great English and offered to bring us a menu or said we could have the secret plate of the day - fortunately the day we went this was both vegan and mildly spicy, so we went with that. It was perfect for lunch - simple and delicious food presented beautifully. There was some beetroot gazpacho, some Canarian potatoes, dressed salad and something that I forget the name of, but it was made from soya (consistency of a burger), and it had couscous and other grains in it. All this with bread and a drink for around €10 each. We finished it off with a brownie each, choice of either banana or strawberry. To drink we had Whole Earth Sparkling Cranberry (no Coca-Cola here!). Portions were not huge but quite adequate for the time of day and I can't comment on the rest of the menu options as we never looked. Overall a surprisingly good find and an excellent experience.

Pros: Simple, delicious food, Lovely environment, Friendly staff, Good value
Sarah Baker
Sarah Baker

Original and cozy

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2015

You know how some places look crappy but the food is good? Normally those are the places I go for as stylish decoration doesn't say anything about what the kitchen looks like....

But this is an exception! This place has a very original and bohemian decoration AND serves good food and drinks. I feel happy already when I sit down after first having had difficulty to chosing which table I like best.

I guess this is the kind of place I would choose for my birthday dinner ;)

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Original menu , Really helpful staff
Cons: Not cheap, Limited Choice
Taoistnun
Taoistnun

Lovely atmosphere

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2015

Lovely place with friendly staff. Nice decor and a pleasant atmosphere. A good range of juices and teas. The menu was a little on the limited side for someone with a gluten intolerance and as a previous reviewer mentioned there are limitations of non dairy meals. I chose to remove the parmesan from my dish and it was still very tasty without it. I would recommend checking out this place.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Pleasant staff
Cons: Limited menu , Portion could have been a little bigger

JoScott
JoScott

Lovely place

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2014

Beautiful little place, with lovely atmosphere. The menu was pretty limited though, with very little choice for vegans. I could have simply removed the dairy, but would've been left with some very bland dishes. The potatoes with soya aioli I had were delicious, but felt rather like I was just eating a side dish. The service was good enough.

Pros: Beautiful decor
Cons: very small menu, fairly expensive for what you get
lisacrock
lisacrock

Lovely Peaceful Homemade Food

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2014

I went for lunch with 2 small children. Staff was very friendly and explained the menu. They speak very good English there. Lunch menu was starter (potato salad or gazpacho soup, main (enchilada wraps or oven baked veggies) and desert (apple pie or custard) for 10 EUR. Everything could be veganised for us, except the custard....we tried it all and it was delicious, fresh, homemade, healthy food, I and my kids really enjoyed. The place has a calmness to it. It is decorated with lots of recycled stuff.
You can buy some organic groceries there (but I didn't check what exactly).

Pros: Homemade Food, Atmosphere
Cons: Small Choice

Dear Owner and Manager of Tiyoweh: La Quietud: