Tito's Cantina

Serves meat, veg options available. An Americanized Mexican restaurant, essentially the beginnings of a chain that cater to vegans and vegetarians (another location is in Middletown). Makes its own brand of chips, fresh salsa and canned salsa. The kitchen will replace any meaty or cheesy items with more vegetable options upon request. Spacious, large portion sizes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
1379 Fall River Ave, Route 6
Seekonk, Massachusetts 02771
508-336-2400

Open Mon-Fri 11-9, Sat 12-8, Sun 11-9.30.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by thatsnotvegan
whitegirlgoesgreen
whitegirlgoesgreen

Just...alright

2 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

The food is just "eh." The restaurant is known for being dirty (sorry guys) and I've gotten sick every time I've gone there.

Pros: Okay food
Cons: Unsanitary
thatsnotvegan
thatsnotvegan

Multiple vegan reiterations of same ingredients!

3 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2010

The waitstaff was very attentive and coordinated with the kitchen to see what my options were. The meal always starts with Titos brand chips and their own fresh salsa which I used to buy on a regular basis. We started with the Macho Nachos; they substituted the meat with fajita veggies and roasted burrito veggies (basically mushrooms, peppers, onions and broccoli) and removed the cheese and sour cream. I got a side of guacamole with that; their guacamole is acceptable but not impressive. My main was Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce. It was fantastic, actually; not super authentic or especially creative or presentable, but it had charm.

Although I didn't give this a great review, writing this makes me want to go back. There's something about Tito's; even though it has a borderline chain feel (there is a second location in Middletown, RI) it's still not so bad for Mexican when it comes to South Coast Massachusetts and vegetarian food. :)

Pros: Used to catering to vegans, Titos brand Fresh Salsa/Soda/Chips, Clean Washrooms
Cons: Little variation in vegan options, Probably all GMO Corn, Could be more varied/authentic

Dear Owner and Manager of Tito's Cantina: