CLOSED: Titaya's Thai Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food eatery that lists vegetarian options on the menu and dishes can be made vegan if ordered without egg and with tofu. Popular amongst the local vegan community. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
5501 N Lamar Blvd C101
Austin, Texas 78751
512-458-1792

Open Mon-Fri 11am-3pm, 5-10pm, Sat-Sun 12-10pm.

First Review by mathimp
SkipStein
SkipStein

CLOSED For Renovations

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

To bad, next time we will call ahead.

Risa and Aaron
Risa and Aaron

the best thai

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2012

Titaya's is delicious.
The menu is labeled for (numerous) vegetarian options (which are also vegan unless stated otherwise in the description of the item). The vegetarian stamp is (incorrectly, I know) used by items containing fish/oyster sauce, but only when this is listed in the description of the dish. Don't let that scare you off, please. They also do not use MSG.

I eat here way WAY too often. The staff is always friendly and the food is always amazing. Vegan friendly Thai is such a rare find, and there is none better in Austin. As a long time / fairly strict vegan, I feel safe eating here even though meat is also served - which is rare for me. Every dish I have tried has been good. But the green curry fried rice (with tofu or veggies) is a personal favorite. Pad Basil Eggplant is my close 2nd.

It is considered the best Thai in town, so it does get crowded during peak dinner hours, but totally worth the wait!

Pros: labeled menu, friendly staff, consistantly delicious
mathimp
mathimp

Best Thai in Austin

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2010

The best Thai I've had in Austin, by miles. It may be the only good Thai in Austin, though I'm sure there's at least one Thai place out there that I haven't tried... maybe. But if you're feeling like Thai, I wouldn't chance going anywhere else.

Pros: food, menu, service

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Titaya's Thai Cuisine: