CLOSED: Tirupathi Bhimas

Vegetarian Indian restaurant. Menu features South Indian specialties including various dosas (crepe with or without potato stuffing), idli sambar, thali combination plates, uthappam, and rice bowls. Many of the dishes (dips) are spicy. Ask the server for suggestions and explanations of foods. Location is inside a large circular room that looks over the street. No alcohol. Prices cheap to moderate. 2015 THIS OUTLET CONFIRMED CLOSED/MOVED BY COW AMBASSADOR. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian
18792 Pioneer Blvd (2nd floor, Little India Village)
Artesia, California 90701
562-809-3086

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by shikae
Chia
Chia

Authentic and Spicy

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Tirupathi Bhimas review.

From the street, this 2nd floor location looked quite massive and impressive. The restaurant is inside a circular dome space and can seat up to 100 people. For our lunch, we ordered (1) the "business lunch special" that included a spicy lentil rice, a mixed rice, a cooling yoghurt rice, a piece of chapati bread & a crispy light wafer, and 2 dipping sauces; (2) "Idli" which included 2 rice puffs/buns with four dipping sauces 2 of which were spicy; and (3) two "rava onion dosa," one of which was a "masala" stuffed with potatoes and one plain, each came with 4 dipping sauces. Overall the food tasted very flavorful and authentically Indian. Our only complaints were that most of the sauces were too spicy for us taste buds and that there were no green veggies on the menu -- but that's the style here. Indian food is not something I would choose to eat often, but I did like the many different distinct flavors I tasted here today.

Pros: vegan-friendly, prompt & friendly service, nice space
Cons: mostly spicy
shikae
shikae
  • non-vegetarian

Mediocre food and unbearable customer service

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2008

Take my word, don't waste your time going to the Tirupati Bhimas in Artesia/Cerritos. I used to goto this place when it opened and used to like the food initially. The taste, and service have been deteriorating.

The last straw was my trip a few months ago, the staff asked us to wait for a 15-20 minutes to get seated. While we were waiting asked us to step outside. It was late in the night and was with two really young kids. It was a really cold night and did not want the kids to get sick, so asked the staff to either allow us to stay near the waiting area inside or move a mobile heater outside so we don't have to feel the cold. Realize the staff and especially the manager was in the closed room with an additional heater next to him and he was extremely rude and asked us to move outside and did not move the heater. No apologies, no explanation. Could not make sense to him, returned the waiting card and never went back. Quite disappointed.

Cons: Worst customer service
Guest
Guest

Best South Indian Food in Los Angeles

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2007

My extended family feasted at Tirupathi Bhimas. We ordered some of everything on the menu. Great vegetarian South Indian food! It took me back to Chennai and Hyderabad. I'm taking the family back again!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Tirupathi Bhimas: