This restaurant run by a Buddhist orphanage (from the nearby Duc Son Pagoda). Waiters and waitresses are all orphans. Large restaurant, no number in the address. Directions: from Hue, go down Minh Mang street until Minh Mang splits (near the entrance of the alley leading to Hong An Pagoda) - continue straight, it is not far on the right handside. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese
Thon Cu Chanh (Minh mang)
Hue, Vietnam
054-3865901

Open Mon-Sun 7am-7.30pm.

First Review by emfeld
VeganJazzman
VeganJazzman

Good Vegan Food Served By Orphans

4 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

We've been here twice. Both times the food was good, but partially served cold. Super cheap and every visit is supporting the orphanage. Really nice setting. Worth a try if you stay around e.g. in Pilgrimage village

Pros: Food, Supporting Orphanage
annie101
annie101

Lovely setting and great food

5 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2012

This is a lovely little restaurant, only a 5-minute walk from the Pilgrimage Village resort. We (and our taxi driver) found it rather hard to find, but it's on the right hand side of Minh Mang not far after the road divides at the Pilgrimage Village intersection. The menu isn't extensive, but the young girl who served us spoke good English, and everything we tried was good. Prices are very reasonable, the setting is lovely, and the orphanage could certainly use donations. Thoroughly recommended.

Pros: Great food, Lovely simple setting, Good cause
Cons: Distance from Hue city
emfeld
emfeld

Best meal in Vietnam!

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2012

It took me a lot of searching to figure out the name of the best restaurant I went to in Vietnam. But I'm pretty sure this is it. I was taken there by my motorcycle tour driver that knew I was vegetarian. They didn't give me a menu, just brought me a plethora of food. The English there wasn't great so I have no idea what I ate but it was amazing and very cheap. Highly recommend going there!

Pros: Amazing food, Helping orphanage, Friendly staff
Cons: Little English spoken

Dear Owner and Manager of Tinh Tam - Minh mang: