Modern, quiet, spacious vegetarian restaurant in the Park View Hotel, on the ground floor. Serves Vietnamese food using seitan and tofu - vegans please inquire. Individual dishes for approximately $1.50 US or a 5-course set meal for about $5. English menu and some English is spoken. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese
9 Ngo Quyen (Hai Ba Trung)
Hue, Vietnam
054-3-837-382
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sun 6:30am-9:00pm

First Review by Bob Sultan
edelany
edelany

Average Food, Restaurant Setting.

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2014

Food is only OK, fairly bland and uninspired but plenty of choice and cheap. Considering the slightly classier than average venue, I expected more..

If you’re fed up with/averse to slightly grimy Vietnamese veggie restaurants you may prefer this: it's attached to a hotel and is modern and clean looking, if soulless.

NOTE: the 'fig' which appears several times on the menu is actually (vegetarian) fish!

Pros: Cheap, Clean , Aircon
Cons: Bland, Usual Fare, Underwhelming
medus
medus

highly recommended

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2014

Although the atmosphere is not very cozy, it is compensated by extensive menu, good English service, big portions and low prices. Staff ensured us that all dishes they serve are vegan, with no milk or eggs used. During our stay in Hue we visited three vegetarian restaurants and Tinh Quan was the best. The only thing that could be improved is adding some vegan desserts to the menu.

Pros: extensive menu, good portions
Cons: no desserts
anna nguyen
anna nguyen

Lovely and delicous dishes

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

On my every business trip, Tinh Quan restaurant is my best choice for eating the whole day. Thanks for that, I have chance to relax a little at lunch because it is near my partner company. The price in here is cheap from $1.5 to $5.0 for 2 people although its facilities and service as a high class restaurant( compared with others restaurant in Hue). I like "vegetarian PHO" in here. Firs time heard about Viet Nam, I just knew "PHO" with beef stickwater but I did not know that it has "PHO" for the vegan like in Tinh Quan restaurant and have to say it is fantastic. 1 bowl of "PHO" about 20,000vnd(=1USD), a cheap price for my great breakfast. Moreover, the ingredients in there like the mushroom, vegetables, tofu are fresh and really delicious.I like mixed hotpot as well and if you have a chance going Tinh Quan, I recommend you should eat this special dish with only $5.00 for 3 people. I will not be disappointed!

Vegreg
Vegreg

Excellent food

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2014

I just had dinner there tonight with my friend. We shared three different main courses (and had them with rice). All were very tasty, used fresh ingredients, came in nice portions and cost VND30,000-40,000 each. Extensive menu, pleasant setting and very reasonable prices for the quality you get make this restaurant a highly recommended choice.

Pros: Tasty, Extensive English-language menu, Good value for money
reissausta ja ruokaa
reissausta ja ruokaa

Excellent food

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

Unlike previous reviewer, I would eat here many times! I was the best food in Vietnam so far.

I ordered bitter gourd salad - excellent taste. I don´t like bitter gourd much, but the salad included also shreds of fried tofu, somekind of mockmeat, peanuts and herbs. A great South-East Asian salad.

I also ordered fried aubergine - great! I was European style aubergine, not Thai-style small eggplants.

Then I also had fried wheat gluten (seitan, it was mock-chicken-like). It came fried with tomatoes, okra and black pepper. Black pepper tasted great with this.

The restaurant is easy to find because it is in the same building as Park View Hotel. I think service was good. It is true that I had to stand up to get more soda water and ask for a bill, but I rather stand up or walk myself than have anyone interrupting my dinner by asking if I need anything - or worse, standing near and watching me eat.

Pros: Best food, Located in the centre, easy to find
Kalorienbombe
Kalorienbombe

Not bad

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

I wouldn't eat here everyday in Hue but it is worth a visit. They have some good Hue style specialties and do some good stuff with tofu, mushrooms and seitan. Sadly they didn't have any fig items when we went. Everything tasted good. The staff was dressed all fancy. It's in a 4 star Hotel after all. Which doesn't mean it's to expensive or anything because it really isn't.

The service wasn't that good. The place was nearly empty when we came so the waiters and waitresses only passed us once in a blue moon which made it very difficult to communicate without getting up all the time. This was especially annoying because first they forgot one dish. We waited til the other stuff was nearly cold before we got up to ask what's happening. Then they had to reorder it.
When it finally came it was evidentally the wrong dish but they kept saying it was the right one and didn't exchange it.
That was somewhat annoying but the food we got was good anyway.

jeanswalker
jeanswalker

Well worth a visit

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

We ate there yesterday evening. Everyone else were Vietnamese. Menu in English and the waitress spoke English. Food excellent and good value. Good choice of dishes, very tasty. Service also good.

Pros: Amazing food, Clean pleasant place, Helpful staff
procrastinasian
procrastinasian

Worth a visit

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2012

With respect to the below review, the fig salad available here and at many other restaurants in Hue is in fact fig. It's not at all like the figs we eat in most of the rest of the world, though, and is dense and savory. It's still a tasty and surprising dish, though, and not a processed fake meat.

The prices are very reasonable, especially considering the nice setting, high quality, and good presentation.

Portions are small compared to most of the other meals we had in Vietnam.

We tried a noodle salad, watermelon juice, lemon juice with licorice and salted apricot, fried spring rolls, and hue-style steamed cakes.

We also ordered the (very inexpensive) corn soup and the taro soup for dessert. They were interesting, but I wouldn't order them again.

We had a bit of trouble figuring out if there was any milk in the dishes. The waitress said no, but then said that there was some in the cake, so I'm not sure how much of the menu is 100% vegan. It seemed like almost everything is, though.

Pros: Nice setting, Air conditioned, Clean
Cons: Smallish portions
Miff
Miff

Food is okay

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2012

The restaurant is in an expensive hotel but prices are very cheap. Interesting selection of dishes. One of the dish was good (noodles with veggie), the other was just okay. The service was a bit lacking.

Be sure to clarify what the menu says. We ordered the "fig with peanuts and sesame". There is an erroneous translation on the menu since it is not at all fig but some kind of fake fish (or tofu). There are four or five items with "fig" in the menu. We told the manager to correct it in order to avoid more disappointment! I am a fig lover :)

Pros: Very affordable, Spacious and clean
iamere
iamere

a bit of class

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2012

When I first arrived outside this restaurant, I thought to myself 'this is going to be expensive.' The truth of the matter is, this is like eating at a nice classy restaurant, for the same price as the majority of average ones. It's simply a must.
The food was excellent and a few of the staff spoke english, which helps vegans like us find exactly what we want. The interior was very nice too.
There are some nice options that include spinach, gourd, eggplant or mushroom porridge and a few tofu dishes to pick from, including a delicious option in tomato sauce. For a change, there is not much 'mock' stuff to pick from.
Breakfast costs around 20,000 dong, a main ranges from 20 to 45,000 and a desert (yes that's right, vegan desert) is a tiny 6,000 dong.
Try it. You wont want to eat anywhere else!

Pros: upmarket, very clean, great food
xraysez
xraysez

Clean spacious and good food!

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

This restaurant was easy find, its not far from the river, just walk down a few streets and it is on the corner.
Compared to most places we've seen this place looks clean, the decor is very nice. The staff seem nice and there were a few tables locals when we went in about 1pm. The Menu is not very descriptive, there were two dishes called "Mixed noodles with tofu" and two called "Noodle soup with tofu", and I couldn't ascertain the difference, and my waitress couldnt explain, but she was very nice. She recommended the "Fig with peanut and sesame" which I think is a local Hue dish, it seemed like fake meat/fish, with tofu and herbs, it was very tasty, but nothing like what we expected.
We ordered a few dishes, then decided to order 2 more to fill us up, because it seemed very tasty too.
Tofu with Mushroom, was like a tofu in a thin curry sauce, stir-fry vegetables had lots of flavour, a "Fig" dish, a cold Pho salad, more braised tofu and steamed rice, (the rice wasn't very hot). They were out of fried Morning Glory and Soya milk drinks unfortunately. I would be interested in trying the 90,000 Dong Set Menu. They had a vegetarian piza on the menu and "soya cheese" but i'm not sure what that would be or if they have it. they do offer breakfast and desserts too.
I would recommend trying this place, our meal came to 120,000 Dong for 2 people including a 5% service charge.

Pros: Clean!, Near the River, prices
Cons: menu bit vague, not huge portions
Bob Sultan
Bob Sultan

A Discovery in Hue

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2011

I was walking by the Park View Hotel in Hue and saw a banner on the fence with the words 'vegetarian restaurant'. So I returned for dinner that night. The place is particularly easy to find as the Park View is at the corner of Hai Ba Trung and Ngo Quyen. The restaurant occupies the first floor. It is modern, spacious, clean, and quiet. Unusual for a Hotel restaurant to be vegetarian, but it is. The menu is in English and Vietnamese and the woman managing the restaurant speaks English. Since it's in a Hotel, language shouldn't be a problem. The menu lists a variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees, and deserts. The dishes are well explained. You can also select a five-course set plate. There are a number of choices for these set plates. I don't usually order a whole dinner, but the menu looked so good I decided to go for it. First course was a braised tofu salad. This consisted of shreds of tofu, carrots and other veggies, cilantro, and probably some other things in a light vinaigrette sauce with herbs. The salad was quite large but very light and tasty. The second course was Mushroom Porridge, but this was more like a vegetable soup with firm mushrooms, barley, tofu, and probably a few other things. The two entrees were served next. These were (1) mixed wheat gluten (seitan) with knotgrass and (2) Curried Tofu. The knotgrass was a bit like spinach. I particularly liked the curried Tofu. It was simply slices of tofu barbecue-style with a curry sauce (the dish is not a bowl of curry). Finally, the desert was a sweet porridge with bits of fresh ginger and some sort of bean paste. Definitely a gourmet meal and large portions. I paid 90,000 Dong or about $4.50 for this. I chose the fresh lemon juice to drink. Like most restaurants in Asia, you get an actual glass of fresh-squeezed lemon juice with some ice added. Very refreshing. This was 15,000 Dong or about seventy-five cents US. Some days they have a buffet, but not the evening I was there. Anyway, I highly recommend.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 06, 2011

Pros: gourmet food, very reasonable price, clean and quiet

Dear Owner and Manager of Tinh Quan: