Timeless Coffee Roasters an...

All vegan coffee shop, bakery, and roastery. Offers Sunday brunch. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Take-out

Alveolar
Alveolar

Staple

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2015

This is my coffee shop from the day it open and I love watching it grow. Its an amazing organization and experience.

sandykaren
sandykaren

One of my favorites

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2015

Full disclosure, I live within walking distance to Timeless and I take full advantage of that. I'd say I am there 2-3 times a week. They do the best soy lattes in the Bay Area and their chef, Violet, is a genius. True, there have been some things that I wouldn't order again, but I've rarely been disappointed with their food. Friday is pizza day and the chicken pesto is my favorite. Another favorite is the Buffalo chicken sandwich and I'm a huge fan of the southern breakfast served (at times) on Sundays (their Sunday brunch rotates, but I follow them on twitter to find out what they are serving). I don't usually like grits, but theirs are so yummy! Lately, I've been loving the frittata, but only when it is made with hash browns.

On the sweets side, I am a big fan of the tiramisu cupcakes, the strawberry shortcake and the key lime pie. Their scones are very good (especially the fig and walnut), but I find some of their coffee cakes and breads to be a little too sweet for my taste.

The staff is terrific, especially Sam, Alana and RJ, the owner. Occasionally when I am there, someone will come in and order a regular latte (expecting milk). The staff will tell them they only do soy and almond milk and if the customer tries it and doesn't like it, they will give them their money back! Who does that nowadays?

Pros: Excellent lattes, Yummy food, Friendly staff
Cons: not enough seating, can get noisy when it is crowded
Beeka
Beeka

Awesome pumpkin pie. gluten free

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2014

This pie was so darn good that there was no conversation while everyone enjoyed it. I know it gets old but even my non vegan friends were oohing and aahing! It was well worth purchasing this from a cafe that makes them on site with a great deal if pride!!!!!!

Pros: Texture, Flavor, Beautiful presentation
Cons: That I can't eat it every day!

tauberl
tauberl

It's all vegan!!!

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

I don't think I'll ever tire of the experience of walking into a place with a case of amazing desserts and knowing I can order ANYTHING!!! They had a ton of great looking stuff so it was very hard to choose, but I ended up going with a "chocodile", which was like two pieces of chocolate cake with frosting in the middle, mmmm. We also tried two of the chocolates, salted caramel and peanut butter, and both were excellent. My husband also got a coffee/float drink, and even though I don't usually like coffee I enjoyed that too (the huge scoop of ice cream helped I think :-). The atmosphere is very relaxed and laid back, it's a ace you could easily spend an afternoon; although if I did I would probably end up eating about 5,000 calories worth of baked goods! They don't advertise as vegan anywhere that I could see, but when I asked when I got there the guy confirmed- yep, all vegan. Heaven!!

Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Dissapointing Breakfast

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2014

Keep in mind I don't drink coffee- my review is based solely on the breakfast selection, or lack there of rather. I was so looking forward to the "chicken" & waffles someone commented on, and when I arrived I realized they only have ONE breakfast option and ONE lunch option each day. Today it was oatmeal with Quinoa. Uhh, what? Again, I'm not a coffee drinker which is the main focus of this place, just don't expect much in the way of meals from this place.

Pros: Nice people, Reasonable prices, Nice Neighborhood
Cons: The food
Angelika
Angelika

Amazingly delicious

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2014

Wow. Totally love that small cute little place. Today's lunch special was the spinach wrap quesadilla. Had yummy mushrooms, red peppers onions and daiya cheese. For dessert we had the strawberry cheesecake and my hubby ate the carrot cake cookie.

jamiemichelle_xvx
jamiemichelle_xvx

One of my favorites

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

I absolutely adore this place. I once went there 3 times in a week and it takes me about 45 minutes to get there from my home. I would be there all the time if I lived closer. Their food is that good. One thing that I do recommend is that you follow them on Instagram (@timelesscoffee). They post what they are serving for the day which I find very helpful since I don't live around the corner.
On another note, I have not had a meal here that was not amazing. I almost always try to show up when they're serving Chicken n Waffles for Sunday brunch. They make the best waffles I have ever had. I've also had their chicken pot pies, french toast, pizza, cake, peanut butter cups, and salted caramel cups. These are all things that I would definitely eat again...and again. They have friendly staff and the neighborhood they're located in, Piedmont Avenue, is really cute. I definitely encourage you to visit this place.

Pros: Chicken n Waffles, Desserts, Friendly staff
Cons: Can get crowded
4lioness
4lioness

Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

We bought one of everything to try. Mac & cheese, cookies, cupcakes, scones, etc. We loved them all!!

Esqping
Esqping

id love to go back again

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

Everything was so good. I had ordered the blueberry coffee cake, tea cake, chocolate chip cookie, brownie, and the Mac n cheese. The only thing that wasn't so good was the brownie. It was a bit bitter, but the chocolate chip cookie made up for it. My favorite was the tea cake however.

ScienceGuy
ScienceGuy

Best Soy Latte Anywhere

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

This is my favorite coffee shop, period. Amazing treats! The coffee beverages are made traditionally, and not doused in sugar. Coffee beans are freshly roasted on site as are the baked goods and chocolates made on site.

Pros: Staff is friendly, Coffee/food is the best, No extra charge for using a CC to pay
Cons: Small venue, small tables, Limited power oulets (wifi?), Music is not ambient, a bit much at times
tartarugafechada
tartarugafechada

Best chicken and waffles in the Bay

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2013

As many have already pointed out, this is the best cafe in the Bay area. Violet and her team of bakers make desserts that absolutely crush -- twinkies, chocodiles, thin mints, gluten free pumpkin cheesecake, peanut butter cups, and the best bearclaws I have ever had. On Sundays, they do brunch. Go the first Sunday of each month for the best chicken and waffles in the Bay. There is also bruch on weekdays. The barbecue chicken pizza and the pot pies are both great. I am not much of a coffee drinker, but I hear from the coffee snobs that it's awesome and roasted in house in the giant roaster in the back of the spot. NOTE: this place is all vegan on the down low. There is no dairy or eggs in any thing, but I don't think the word vegan appears any where.

Pros: chicken and waffles!, sweets, sweets, and more sweets., super friendly staff
Cons: not a lot of seating. can get crowded.
KateWolfson
KateWolfson

Best Cafe in the Bay!

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

I am a huge fan of Timeless for many reasons . . . walking distance from my house, all vegan menu, almond milk mocha is yummy, and my favorite desserts so far - the chocodile, peanut butter chocolate brownie, salted caramel cupcake and the strawberries and cream cake. So many choices, it's hard to choose just one! Love the staff and they even welcome dogs! And for all those folks complaining about wifi, I say use your cell phone or head to the library. This place is for face to face interactions with some wonderful folks!
Updated from previous review on Monday September 23, 2013

Pros: Excellent Coffee & Desserts, Good Value, Friendly Staff
nzlndr00
nzlndr00

Excited, then disappointed...

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

So, I was surprised by my reaction to this place because it came highly recommended as a great little coffee shop, with tasty things, that I could hang out and do some work in. I got a thumbprint cookie, a slice of coffee cake, and a peanut butter cup for $10.

1st disappointment- Out of the three sweets I got, the peanut butter cup was the only one that was worth finishing. The coffee cake was mediocre (the crumble topping the best part), the thumb cookie was okay (but I had asked if there were nuts in it, and one employee said almond meal. It in fact had chunks of walnuts in it, which weren't visibly through the glass case or really until I started to break my first piece off. Needless to say, I saved those two things and gave them to a friend who met me later. The peanut butter cup was good in flavor, but had a bit too much chocolate to peanut butter for my taste. I like peanut butter cups to be pretty balanced in amount of chocolate and peanut butter filling.

The best thing I got there was a chilled organic apple cider, made by a company called Bernie's Best in Yorkville, CA.

Another employee, a male, seemed a bit irritate by my questions- Is everything vegan, do you have wifi, are there any vegan friendly places nearby with wifi? Unfortunate.

Another disappointment- no outlets and no wifi, so I ended up at a Bubble Tea place to do work...

Pros: all vegan, tasty apple cider (made by another co.), some nice and patient staff
Cons: mediocre treats, no outlets or wifi, some less than patient employees
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

amazing vegan coffee shop

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

OMG, I love Timeless! We stopped in with two friends who are locals. The owner RJ and the staff remember all the locals and their favorite drinks. Such a great neighborhood place. The coffee and bakery are fabulous too. We both got iced lattes which were served in cute Mason jars. I got the cheesecake and Dirk got the chocodile. Amazing and so tasty! There are tables inside and outside which makes for great people watching. I'm sorry that I didn't get to try their Sunday brunch. Next time! I wish LA had a place like this.

Pros: vegan coffee shop , desserts, great staff
Meamandler
Meamandler

This place is a MUST

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

We have a vegan coffee place in Las Vegas, but it does not compare to Timeless Coffee and Bakery. The selection of items from bakery to food is unbelievable. This place was the busiest place on the street and for good reason. The coffee is awesome, the food is awesome, the portions are perfect for any appetite and you will not be disappointed.

If you are in the Bay Area, this place is a must visit. We had a Southern Experience being offered which was biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, grits and greens. It was the most delicious breakfast I have had in a long time and to find this place in Oakland, what a FIND!!!

When in the Bay Area you can rest assured we will be back to this place again and if you are in this are, you MUST visit this place, your experience will be like none other.

TimAnderson
TimAnderson

Go to Timeless!

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

The folks that run Timeless are devoted to great coffee, great food, and to providing a great atmosphere for folks to connect and enjoy it all. And it's working.

Go for lunch during the week and brunch on the weekend. Have a scone and a latte in the morning and an iced coffee in the afternoon.

I can't say enough good things about Timeless. Just go and experience it for yourself.

Pros: Excellent vibe, Friendly staff, Proper coffee
Mimi710
Mimi710

Oh Timeless, I love you!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

This place is great! The coffee is high quality. The desserts and pastries are high quality. You can tell that the owners put a lot of love into this place. They do a brunch on Sundays. (Come early if you go, it gets crowded and the lines are really long.)It's also a wi-fi free zone which is a nice break from other coffee shops. Think of it as Timeless Cafe in that the time will pass as you get wrapped up in conversations with your friends. Everything here is a bit pricey, but it's worth it.

• FoodAndLoathing FoodAndLoathing

See, I feel incredibly SAD that this place has no wifi. All I want in this world is a place where these is wifi, coffee, and vegan food, but it would seem that the Bay Area does not want me to be happy. Every place with vegan food has no wifi, even a COFFEE SHOP. I always end up going to a non-vegan coffee shop, getting coffee with soy milk, using their wifi, then when I get hungry I have to either leave or get a plain bagel because they're out of hummus. If Timeless had wifi, I'd be pretty much throwing money at them.

Dear Owner and Manager of Timeless Coffee Roasters and Bakery: