Time for Lime

Serves meat, veg options available. Budget bungalows, cooking school, bar, and restaurant on the southern end of Klong Dao beach. Food offered is course tasting menu-only with a vegetarian choice; last order taken 9:30pm. Free wifi. Could take vegetarian cooking class (specify when booking). All profits goes to Lanta Animal Welfare, a cat and dog shelter in the island established by the owner. Price: Expensive more-less
Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by reissausta ja ruokaa
reissausta ja ruokaa
reissausta ja ruokaa

Try the tasting menu at least once - good value

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

I had a vegan version of the tasting menu. They promote that the vegetarian option is available every day. The non-vegetarian tasting menu is different every day of the week but I don´t know about the vegetarian version.

The foods tasted great and it did not take long between the dishes. If there would be also other foods than the tasting menu, I would definitely eaten here every day. Now it would have been too expensive for me to spend 450 baht every evening for the tasting menu. The food available in Koh Lanta is not so great, so you definitely should try this tasting menu at least once to get good food during your stay at Koh Lanta.

Foods that I got:
1. tofu-cashewnut-vegetable sauce with rice - nice smokey flavour
2. tofu rolled inside pepper leaf - okay, had not had pepper leaf before
3. massaman curry with rice - great! And quaranteed no fish sauce or shrimp paste in the currypaste
4. fried onion rings - good, a bit usual dish, but good
5. coconut soup with thai herbs - good
6. watermelon and pineaple - it would have been great to get something more special

During my stay at Time for Limes bungalows I had cocktails at the bar now and then. I tried
* lemongrass margarita - tasty, I usually don´t like margaritas
* mojito - well made (the same can not be said about most other beach bars in Thailand)
* amaretto sour - great, I hadn´t had this before and this became my new favourite

I also took the cooking course and it was easy to do it vegan. I have been in May Kaidee´s vegetarian cooking school in Bangkok and I was glad that I took this in Time for Lime because I learned new things about thai cooking. And I made such a good food at the cooking class!

Pros: tasting menu tastes good, good cocktails
Cons: tasting menu is expensive, no other foods than tasting menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Time for Lime:

Last updated: 2014/04/24

Added: 2014/04/22

Added by: reissausta ja ruokaa