Serves meat, veg options available. Maria Hines owns and runs this certified organic fine dining establishment in an old house. Serves cocktails, wine and beer, sodas made in-house. There is a veggie and vegan menu. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, American, Non-veg
1411 N 45th St
Seattle, Washington 98103
206-633-0801
Closed now

Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:30pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by kindlizard
MTrofin
MTrofin

Food as an art form

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2014

This is a place to go and enjoy a carefully crafted meal. They offer set menus (veg, vegan, or meat), wine pairings, with the option of Sommelier pairings - which I would recommend (but haven't myself tried the other option)

It is pricey. At least for the set menu, the portions work up together to a reasonably sized meal. We thought there was plenty of wine coming, too - if I went there again, I would skip on any cocktails before the meal.

Pros: Food and wine quality, Atmosphere, Service
steveveg
steveveg

Vegan choices in a cozy house

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2012

Tilth presents a fine dining option in Seattle. There is a vegan menu, with gluten fee options as well. We had a vegan risotto, and a Pot au Feu. Both were nicely done. The chocolate sorbet dessert was wonderful.

Pros: vegan choices, some gluten free, nice atmosphere
andreafbe
andreafbe

Disappointed...

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2012

I was really looking forward to trying Tilth based on recommendations from friends as well as the review here. My meal sounded very similar to the 1st reviewer (soup, risotto, choco dessert) but the service was horribly slow and the portions were virtually nonexistent. If it hadn't been so late when we left I would have gone elsewhere for more food. I was shocked that the meal took 3 hours 15 minutes! I had to ask for bread at one point just to get something substantial in my stomach. It is actually hard to rate the quality of the food because it was so insubstantal. I was really left wanting more...

Pros: Seperate vegan menu
Cons: VERY slow service, Tiny portions

kindlizard
kindlizard

The Best Meal of My Life

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2010

This place was suggested to us by the Oregon Tilth folks who certify this place organic. While not being exclusively veggie or vegan, they do have both a veggie and a vegan menu. Their menus change monthly in order to stay seasonal and regional.

I had never in my life experienced carpaccio, being vegan for 15 years it had never been presented to me before this trip. The Watermelon carpaccio w wild mint was a revelation. The presentation was also a beautiful flower, the circles of melon being the petals and the middle being diced cantaloupe. What an amazing start.

The Carrot ginger soup was mind-blowing!! The broth was so silky smooth and light, yet flavorful and rich. The presentation of this was also quite nice, a dollop of chutney in a bowl then from a teapot, poured on top of it came the broth.

The Farro Risotto w a basil pistou was so delicious. It had such a great basil balance. There was also a broccoli-lemon balm chilled soup (wow!), a white bean app (yowza!), both of which were delicious. The pot en feu was seemingly simple yet packed w many great flavors, textures, veggies and beans which cook down a beautiful broth. The Artichoke w Israeli Couscous was also amazing! The components of this dish made me think I would not enjoy it as much, but the masterful technique of the kitchen made this dish very enjoyable.

What other way to end a meal like this than chocolate? They make their own sorbet, so amazing we had to order another. It was accompanied by hazelnuts which were just roasted and gently salted, the balance of which was just perfect.

This was a perfect meal. Flavors kept building dish after dish. We were giddy w amazement at how incredible this meal was. It was like being front row for our favorite band.

Our waitress was the best server we've ever had, the way she made us feel at home, so accommodating, was exceptional.

The porch setting was very lovely w flowers and herbs along the sides. Inside was very nice as well, they keep it immaculately.

This is a destination for anyone who likes to be surprised with delights.

We later came to realize that Maria Hines who owns Tilth is a celebrity chef, having been on Top Chef Masters recently, and this Sunday (8/1/10) will be on Iron Chef America to take on Morimoto.

I'd give it 7 or eight happy cows if I could!

Pros: Best meal of my life, Best service too, vegan menu rocks
Cons: n/a

Dear Owner and Manager of Tilth: