TiK TaK Hummus Bar

Serves hummus, falafel, and other Middle Eastern food including a vegan version of korm sabzi. Most items are vegan suitable. Uses no dairy, but some desserts have egg which is clearly marked on menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Zaz
mattisprobablytaken
mattisprobablytaken

Yes! Yes! Yes!

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

This place is in the top 3 falafel I have had in the world (visited at least 20 countries this far)!

When I first arrived I walked in and walked straight out again because I didn't think much was happening inside, when that little voice inside my head said go back in. I have eaten here 4 times in 3 days and even discovered the extremely cosy upstairs dining area.

A must visit for the falafel lovers of the world!

Enjoy! ;-)
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 13, 2013

Pros: amazing falafel!, lovely owner, cozy upstairs dining area
heliorodrigues
heliorodrigues

recommend!

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2013

i been to this place back in 2008 when i was living in budapest and used to be a regular customer. i hope the vibe and everything is the same now as it was - i recommend it to everyone specially if u love hummus like i do hehe upstairs is nice and cosy :-)

Pros: location, food, deco
Sidoine
Sidoine

To avoid

2 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

I do not understand the other ratings... Because of them, I was expecting to discover a lovely place with very good food. I was really disappointed and angry.

The place is ugly, the staff is dirty: without gloves ,takes the money , cook, serve, whipe his face and hair, with the same hand without wash it... In a nutshell: absolutely unhygienic.
The food is suspect, the hummus contains curry and different spices to hide the unfreshness of the food. The homemade limonade is just water and syrup... too much sugar indeed.

And rather not speak of the toilets.

Our worst experience in Budapest during our one-week journey.

salbonesi
salbonesi

Best falafel ever!

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

This is the best falafel ever. We're serious. Don't let the run-down interior fool you because it's so delicious, so fresh, and so cheap. You'll spend around 2.50 Euro for a falafel pita and a piece of their delicious and sweet baklava.

Even the garnishes were great. The chef put the perfect combination of spices and fresh herbs right on top. So perfect.

The restaurant has tables and chairs upstairs with cool comics plastered along the wall. Memorable and worthy of your visit! We'll be back!

Zaz
Zaz

Good hummus, disappointing falafel...

3 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2012

We went to this place around 9:30 on a Saturday evening and were surprised to find it rather dead. However, this didn't put us off as the man working there was very friendly. The hummus was very good and the salad was a bit more interesting than the usual lettuce and cucumber arrangement. The falafel were a bit disappointing (it seemed that they were made largely of breadcrumbs as opposed to chickpeas) and the bread was average, but overall we were pleased we found this place. The leftovers made for a great lunch the next day :-) P.S. Beware of the mint tea: it's VERY sweet!

Pros: English spoken, Good hummus, Nice salad
Cons: Disappointing falafel

Dear Owner and Manager of TiK TaK Hummus Bar: