Tiger Lily Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Fresh juices, smoothies, coffees, vegetarian wraps, and salads. Live music some days. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by vegbride
taramickd
taramickd

Nice Place

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

I go here regularly. Staff is nice and there are crafted vegan meals that are delicious and no need to be modified to fit a vegan diet. Limited options but definitely great for the area. Peanut Thai Tofu Wrap, Purple Rain Smoothie and Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt is what I always end up getting. Repetitive but so good I don't mind.

Pros: Staff, Quality Of Food
Cons: Limited Options
hrefna
hrefna

Glorious Cafe, Meh Food

3 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

Tiger Lily is the best place imaginable to hang out with friends chatting and drinking juice or coffee, the decor is wild and the seats are comfy - they even have books for customers to read. But the food on offer is pretty uninspiring. There aren't that many vegetarian or vegan options and they are fairly basic things like hummus wraps. Don't get me wrong, I love a hummus wrap and Tiger Lily's hummus wrap is tasty, it's just that when I eat out I like to have something I can't make so easily at home. So, as a local, when I want a meal in Port Jeff I tend to go to other places where the atmosphere may not be so electric but the food is more interesting. But if I want to take visiting friends out for an afternoon in Port Jeff, Tiger Lily is always on the itinerary: its a great place to sip and chat.

Pros: Fantastic Atmosphere, Comfy Chairs, Delicious Juices
Cons: Boring Food
Ana Linda
Ana Linda

disappointing

1 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2008

I visited a few months ago and was very disappointed. The place was shabby and unclean and the staff were rude. A broken lamp fell on me! Worst of all, they are anti-breastfeeding! The other nursings mamas and I were asked not to come back. Not very hip. There were few veg options and the prices were a bit high.

• vegann vegann

N.Y. Civil Rights Law § 79-e (1994) permits a mother to breastfeed her child in any public or private location.

vegbride
vegbride

Eclectic and Tasty

4 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2007

We stopped in Tiger Lily for a late afternoon snack. Although, their food offerings are not completely vegan, they do have a few vegetarian offerings as well as standard coffee shop and juice bar fare. We split a brie and pear sandwich that was pretty darn tasty. The decor is artsy and eclectic and would be a good place to chill with a book or hang out with some friends.

Pros: Tasty, Helpful Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Tiger Lily Cafe: