Tiende Sante and Vegetarian

A vegetarian food store selling ready-made packaged soya products that contain no animal ingredients, except some may contain egg. Find dried soya protein products like TVP (textured vegetable protein), wheat protein, and vegetarian snacks. Also quick meals and flower teas for eat-in or take-out in French, English, and Chinese. more-less

First Review by Ranny
Babette
Babette

Nice products

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

This little shpp carries interesting products for vegans, but make you you check the ingredients.

The scallops are quite nice, it's the kind of products you won't find everywhere.

EmilieG
EmilieG

Great vegetarian shop

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2010

I have been shopping in this shop since they were in Chinatown close to 10 years ago. They have provided a lot of choices for vegetarian and vegan. They have always been helpful and support to promote vegetarianism. I am glad that they are here and that we should support them. As usual, we vegetarians will miss this type of shop only when they are gone!! Each vegetarian shop needs our support in order to change the world over from carnivorism.

Pros: Lots of choices, DELICIOUS food ..., Nice staffs
Cons: More vegan products, Preferable to be Organic
M. Davis
M. Davis

NO to GMOs

1 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2009

Indeed, this little store has a good variety of mock meat, but they have none that is organic. As almost all soy products are now GMO, be aware of that fact. Still a good thing to be moving away from meat products, but quite expensive for GMO soy and a few spices. Better to make your own meat substitutes from organic soy. While in store, the clerk was so helpful - didn't give one time to think or look, so busy was she trying to sell those products.
Don't let Monsanto rule your food supply!

Cons: GMO, High pressure sales pitch

iansnyder
iansnyder

Best vegan/ vegetarian shop available!!!

5 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2009

I just found out about this place the other day, but they have an incredible selection of meat substitutes that are delicious! There are so many options I was almost in shock. The owners were SUPER nice, and helped me find a bunch of vegan meat substitutes to try. They also told me how to prepare the food and everything, it was great. I am definitely going to be spreading the word :D

Pros: GREAT selection of meat substitutes, DELICIOUS food, Nicest owners ever :D
Cons: NO, CONS, AT ALL!
  • LoveFood LoveFood

One thing that I've noticed about the owners is that they don't bs about ingredients just to make a sale. I really appreciate that.

Veggie Mann
Veggie Mann

Nice Find!

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2009

I discovered this place a while ago, however, it was only last week when I decided to do some shopping there. The selection of foods includes, but is not limited to, various types of chicken, beef and seafood substitutions made from vegetarian or vegan products, soups, noodles, teas and teapots. The owners are extremely welcoming, helpful and kind. They even share interesting ways to prepare and serve these foods. If you enjoy preparing your own cuisine, and if you would like to find something a little more exciting than supermarket seitan or tofu, I highly recommend a trip here. You will not be disappointed.

Pros: friendly owners, interesting selection, good value
Ranny
Ranny

What a Wonderful Place

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2007

I have been shopping at Tiende Sante for the past 5 years at both the old and new locations. All the food is delicious, healthy, easy to prepare and fun to serve to non-vegetarians. The variety of food is endless and you can become very creative in serving it. For example, I make a typical winter stew using the "beef" balls with the vegetables that is so tasty. The owners are very helpful in explaining the tastes and textures of the products. They are the only ones in Montreal selling this food and should be supported.

Guest
Guest

so much veggiemeat!!!

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2007

Wow! awssome, I don't even really know how to describe this place... A store that sells every type of veggie meat under the sun. It's actually totally crazy, and the staff (owners?) are so pumped on veggie meat that it made me want to cry! I bought a WHOLE fake duck! Support these people!!

Pros: awesome staff, huge selection, no meat, anywhere!
Cons: not all items are vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Tiende Sante and Vegetarian: