Asian vegetarian cuisine with dishes from Thailand, China, Malaysia. Chef is experienced in vegetarian cooking. All dishes can be made vegan and GMO-free upon request. No eggs used. Metro: Goncourt (M. 11) ou Republique (M. 3, 5, 8, 9, 11). Previously located on Rue du Chemin Vert. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Asian, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out

Veganessent
Veganessent

Fantastic Chinese Food!

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2014

This is a treasure of a place. Vegan haven in Paris! Authentic. Large portions. Lots of variety. I had the Ho Moc & my friend had the sweet & sour. Both were just delicious. not far from Republique. Friendly service. The place was packed!

Pros: Delicious food, Good location, Friendly Service
  • Veganessent Veganessent

Came back twice on my last trip. Never fails to disappoint and open til late. Veggie skewers this time... Satay ones the first night and lemon grass ones the second. It's very popular so you may have to wait!!! But it's worth it!

MelindaAmato
MelindaAmato

Best Chinese Food I've Ever Had

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2014

Tien Hiang is a hidden gem. Every plate was so good that we just kept ordering more. There was an English menu and almost every item was vegan. The food wasn't too greasy or oily (compared to the Chinese food I'm used to) and was incredibly flavorful. The fake meats all tasted very realistic, but my favorite was the beef - I'd also highly recommend the combo appetizer platter and the sweet and sour pork. I will certainly be going back every time I am in Paris. The food was affordable and delicious and the service was quick and friendly. Note that you will likely be sharing a table with strangers!

Pros: great variety, affordable
JulianaMarques
JulianaMarques

So disappointed!

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

Even if the food is good it's not a restaurant I'll be back. The service is really bad. The servants make us feel uncomfortable. They gave us the impression we're not welcome.

Restaurante a evitar. Péssimo serviço. Os serventes tratam clientes muito mal. Tentamos inicialmente fazer uma reserva por telefone e o restaurante disse nao aceitar reservas. Chegando ao local, pedimos uma mesa para 6 pessoas (éramos 4 e estávamos aguardando 2 outros amigos) ao que nos foi dito que era para esperarmos la fora pois se nao fossemos pelo menos 5 naquele momento, nao poderíamos ocupar as mesas. Lamentável que locais que teoricamente teriam todo o interesse de atrair e fidelizar clientes, conseguem agir de maneira tao grosseira. A evitar.

Cons: unfriendly staff, bad vibe

JonJon
JonJon

Great and affordable food but sometimes rude staff

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

I ate here several times with friends. The food is really good, lots of vegan choices, typical dishes with generous portions at a very reasonable price. Nothing more to say about this core activity: they know their job.

However, the place is often very crowded and you may not have a seat if you have not booked your table before. It is not rare to eat at the table of unknown people since the staff try to optimize the number of customers at the same time... And you can't stay a minute when you've finished. Next customer! You've understand, staff is sometimes rude with customers since they want to ensure a good rotation. Don't go there if you want a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy a good meal with just a little intimacy. Prefer Vegebowl. However, you can also take away your food, which is a good option.

Pros: excellent food, affordable, generous portions, mostly vegan
Cons: rude staff, crowded, so book your table!
floopylou
floopylou

pas mal

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

I went here on a Saturday night. It was rammed so make a booking.The lady serving us had a face like a slapped arse and did not want to be there. The other lady was smiley though.Overall the food was pretty good; i thought the seitan was better than the tofu. I usually prefer tofu but wasn't too keen on what I picked; it was a marmite tofu pot.It is quite similar to loving hut. It does say it's vegan on the first menu page (in French) and the waitress confirmed.

Pros: cheap enough for Paris, lots of choice
Cons: a bit cramped
Grieselpfrue
Grieselpfrue

nice welcome, great food

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

I went to Tien Hang for dinner with my sister in december 2013. As we had no reservation on a Saturday night we had to come back later as the place was full when we first arrived. This didn't bother us, though, we simply spent some time wandering along the St. Martin canal. The service was okay, half of the staff was super friendly, the rest seemed rather pissed. We really enjoyed our food, though. My sister had some fake pork with sweet sour vegetables and I ate vegetable tofu skewers with peanut sauce. The price was appropriate as well. I would come back!

Pros: delicious food, nice location
Zmeika
Zmeika

Best of the best in Paris

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2013

First Tien Hiang was in my top 3 for Paris. Since the owners closed it I had to move in the second one :) Unfortunately, there is no more panda on the green wall, but inside the resto is bigger, so it is more likely to organize a table for 4-6-8-10 persons. Food is still amazing and staff is always friendly.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 25, 2012

I think there is smth wrong with the kitchen. The dishes do not arrive at the same time, you need to wait a lot for the main dish and then it's garnish. It's kinda makes me sad. Staff started to forget small requests like a bottle of water or the tea.

Pros: Food
Cons: Don't like the surroundings, Serving time, there kitchen problem, Very crowdy and loud
Ellay
Ellay

Crowdy: make a resrervation!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2013

I really enjoyed the coconut drink. Food tastes good, like when eating at a non-vegetarian restaurant. You can't notice the difference. One of my friends ordered a dish that ended up to be soaked in coconut, like a soup. She was disappointed.
We fortunately had a reservation and the restaurant was quickly full with people waiting outside. But the staff really wanted to get rid of us to make some space: some of my friends could see their plate being removed while they were eating!
Since I didn't feel welcome and we had to quickly go, I won't likely return there.

Pros: good value, Mock meat, fast service
Cons: Noisy and crowdy, Eat quickly!
Tofuschnecke
Tofuschnecke

Very crowded - for a reason!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

We didn't have a reservation, so we had to wait, fortunately only 20 minutes. Then we sat very close to the door which wasn't convenient as there were people standing and waiting next to us all the time. Overall: crowded, loud, busy.
The food was rather authentic (we've been to Shanghai for two months, so we know about Chinese vegan Food ;) and very tasty. Try the nems (spring rolls)! The "grilled dumplings" (potstickers) were a little disappointing (and seemed as they stood around a while or something), but I always compare them to my favorite in Shanghai. The mains and desserts were tasty.
Service was very friendly and you can speak English. I only couldn't explain that I want my food MSG free (I shouldn't have too much of many things I had there, like soy, so I at least wanted to reduce them...instead I took medicine). The service is very fast (like in China), it really isn't a place for a long, relaxing dinner. Price, staff and food still make it a must-go!

Pros: Very tasty food, Friendly staff, Huge vegan menu
Cons: Crowded and loud, Vegan not labelled, Soy in everything
libellule
libellule

A decent vegan resto!

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

The place was packed and I was glad for the friendly welcome and a little table. It is all very narrow but it didn't matter since the ambiance was so good. I was happy like a cow realizing that everything on the menu was vegan!!! I recommend this place.

Pros: vegan and good quality, friendly staff, not expensive
GizelaRego
GizelaRego

I'm not an asian kind of food girl,but it was good

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

I remember to be confused with the menu, because i saw porc and fish and other non veg stuff. It was good food, but the place was to crowded... and not cheap. But had MANY MANY options to eat! It took me quite some time to choose what i wanted... lol

Pros: MANY options.
Cons: Small place
beegantravels
beegantravels

A Bit Confused

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

I was surprised to see pork and chicken on the menu considering I was under the impression that this was a vegetarian restaurant. After I told the waitress that I was vegan, she still asked me whether I wanted tofu or pork which led me to believe she didn't understand what vegan meant. It wasn't until later that I learned that the meat options were mock meat and I feel that wasn't very well established on the menu. However, the sweet and sour tofu was really great! I had that, plain rice, and green tea for €10.50. Honestly, it was the most expensive meal I ate in Paris because I'm really cheap. Also, for the first time since since I came to Europe (nearly 10 weeks ago) I was brought my bill without having asked for it. It honestly made me feel that they were trying to get rid of me even though I was still finishing my tea, it wasn't close to closing time, and there were empty tables for new customers. Perhaps Paris is so busy that this is normal? I'm not sure, but I'm writing it as a con anyway.

Pros: yummy sweet and sour tofu
Cons: felt rushed to leave
heliorodrigues
heliorodrigues

amaaaaaaaazing!!!

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2013

we dont remember what we eat but i remember we loved it and will be back again for sure!!! thanks happycow for this great find of a very simple and unique place! affordable and friendly :-)

Pros: original, simple, cheap with many many options!!!
ericoloso
ericoloso

Fantastic

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2013

The food was just excellent and cheap. Choice is large.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Large choice
seyymour
seyymour

MUST GO!!

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

Seriously, possibly the best chinese food I've ever had in my life. They have many unique and traditional asian dishes, all vegetarian and all easily vegan if not all vegan already. The flavors and spices they use are incredible. The SOUP WAS FANTASTIC!! Gosh, I'm going back tonight it was so good. Worth checking out. Great service, great price.

Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
parisien1008
parisien1008

good value with good service!

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2013

We have dinner in May 2013. It was pretty packed, but luckily we made a reservation. The food came pretty fast, and we had 3 entrees (hehehe couldn't resist, they were so authentic!), and for main course we had noodles soup. Then the dessert. With drinks, the whole meal only cost 37,50euros! It's a very cool place to eat coz the food are really good, plus the price! mine, go for it, if i may say ;>a

Pros: fast service, so tasty!, with 20 tables (serve for 40 pax)
Ashriella
Ashriella

Worth checking out

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

Looked like a run down road but the place itself was nice enough. They had a menu in English so we knew for certain that the food was vegetarian and in the intro of the menu it said to tell them if we had any requirements. Food was lovely and quite cheap. We were a group of four and everyone enjoyed it.

Pros: Good value, Excellent food
Cons: Street didn't look nice to walk down
gracep
gracep

Pretty good!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2012

I've been here the last two night. Both times, the restaurant has been very popular and full. Tonight I went there only about 20 minutes into their having opened, and there were already like 4 groups of people there!

The staff are really lovely! They're so polite and helpful and they can speak English, don't worry! The prices here are also very reasonable (mains 7 euros mostly).

Here are dishes I've had and my thoughts on them:
Grilled dumplings with fake meat and cabbage-Really good! Served with a sweet sauce. Had good, hearty texture.
Cantonese rice-Not the best fried rice I've had, but not bad.
Sweet and sour "pork"-Good! Nice and vinegar-y. A bit sweet, but that's to be expected, really.
5-spice tofu-I found this much too sweet and syrupy-tasting
Fried noodles-Good!
Fried "chicken"-Very good! Tasted and smelled a lot like actual fried chicken to me. This came with a sweet plum sauce (I think it was plum. It was really good and reminded me very much of the fried chicken my parents used to make every so often.
Coconut juice-This was especially nice because it was served thawing, so it was nice and cool with some icy bits in it, and had pieces of coconut in it. I think it's the kind that has sugar in it, but the flavour is just so good and stongly fresh and coconutty!
Almond jelly-I didn't like this. I found the texture just a tiny bit too firm for me, and the almond flavour was quite "almond extract-y," which I didn't like
Glutinous rice with banana in coconut milk with sesame seeds-I didn't like this, either. The coconut milk sauce was yummy but I kind of found the rice cake quite strange. It tasted like fried rice noodles on the exterior and then the inside was really strange!

It might seem like I feel pretty so-so overall, but the good mains were really so good that I think I may go back for them, but I might skip desert next time (maybe more coconut drink instead: )

Some people have recommended to ask whether or not dishes contain milk. I just said that I'm vegan and I'd like vegan dishes. They understood and were helpful, but I can't help but think, if it's simple to veganise things, why don't they just go vegan? Also, and this will be pretty obvious to you if you get the English menu, but I asked if all desserts could be made vegan. They said yes, except for the ice cream, but there was also nougat with honey in it on the dessert menu...

All in all, this restaurant is affordable, the staff are good,and it has some great dishes.

Pros: Dishese from a mix of Asian countries, Good staff, Affordable prices
Cons: Not all dishes good (esp. desserts), Not really healthy , Not 100% vegan
kenneme
kenneme

Delicious, authentic Asian vegetarian cuisine

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

A real treat! My partner and I absolutely love Tien Hiang. We once ate an entire dinner, and then ordered it again as take away to have the next day!!! It is literally that good. We have taken lots of vegetarian and non-vegetarian friends here and they have all really liked it. Food is fresh, well seasoned and tasty, nicely prepared and presented. There are plenty of options on the menu. Service is quick and staff no-nonsense but friendly. Try the carmelized mock chicken, the sticky rice in a giant lotus leaf with black-eyed peas, or the bouef au poivre noire (mock beef with pepper). The ambiance is relaxed and no-frills, always an interesting mix in the crowd: French lefties, Rasta, American tourists, Muslims, European vegetarians. So delicious you can't miss this place! Yum!

Pros: Range of options, Delicious flavors, Relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Often busy, Not good if you don't eat gluten
Tigra220
Tigra220

Good vegan Asian food

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2012

This was my first stop in Paris. I agree that it can be tricky to find, due to the lack of a street sign. My saving grace was my GPS, which by process of elimination led me to the correct rue. The staff was very helpful with vegan recommendations and they offered me their English menu version. I ordered so much, all to go, and I cannot recall the names of all the dishes. (There were a LOT of dished!) I had a lemongrass "chkn" which I remember being exquisitely tasty. Actually, everything I ordered was delicious. I thought it was a bit strange that none of the dishes came with rice (Maybe that's just my American thinking?); you had to order plain white or sticky rice on the side. Each dish was inexpensive too. The restaurant was of a modest size; not too small, but not at all large. It's worth a visit if you're in the area.

Pros: large selection of good vegan food, inexpensive, helpful staff
RabbiJesse
RabbiJesse

Great find!

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

Ate here beginning of June 2012. Great experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful -- they spoke great English and helped us navigate the menu. The food was delicious. Try the mock meat dishes. Nice atmosphere. Would definitely go back next time I'm in Paris! Only thing is that it was a bit difficult to find. The street wasn't identified very well, so we had to ask some locals for help.

Pros: Great staff, Yummy food
Cons: Hard to find
Poundie
Poundie

Nice

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

This is a standard Chinese mock-meat place. The menu is huge, but I took advantage of their suggested plats in order to simplify matters. Like most such places, this one is not over-healthy. Yet the food is quite good, the service is pretty quick, and all is reasonably priced.

Pros: good taste, not expensive, quick service
Cons: not a fancy place, not over-healthy
heywood100
heywood100

Excellent cheap Asian food

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

Full disclosure - I have not been to this Tien Hang, I went to the old location a couple of days before it closed down. However, I believe this place it owned by the same people, so I'll pop a review down here anyway. Keep that in mind though.

I was quite impressed with Tien Hang - it didn't really look like much from the outside, but the food was very nice, and there was a lot of variety. The menu was exclusively in French, which isn't a complaint as such - this is Paris after all - but due to the similarity between a lot of the dishes, it can be a little difficult to differentiate exactly what you're asking for without a bit more of a grasp of the language than I have :s Luckily, closing your eyes and pointing at the menu will probably get you something decent anyway.

I took that shot in the dark approach (OK, I didn;t literally close my eyes and point), and was pleasantly surprised to end up with a bizarre dish that I once ended up with through a similarly random process in a noodle bar in Vietnam - deep-fried noodles, crispy and battered, with vegetables. It's probably not the greatest choice in the south-east Asian recipe book, but they pulled it off. So Tien Hang comes highly recommended for cheap and tasty food with lots of variety, and I hope that this applies to the new location just as much as the old.

MissBlitz
MissBlitz

Great Asian restaurant!

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2012

My husband and I found this place easily; it's a 2 block walk from a metro station. The food is amazing! Very flavorful and not greasy at all. They had all the Cantonese food that I enjoy but missed since moving to Europe. The menu is very extensive, so there is something to satisfy everybody. I recommend the fried lemongrass chicken; it's a small portion but it's so flavorful that I couldn't even finish it. We ate here twice, but we wanted to visit more but unfortunately they were closed on the last day of our trip.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Quick service
Cons: Crowded easily, Hours
Egads14
Egads14

we had to go back :)

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2012

Looks can be deceiving and this place looks average but serves great food. We went on a weds night and god the mixed entree, friend chicken and chicken hot pot 43 and Indian noodles for mains. Indian noodles had a rich satay sauce, tofu, chicken and some greens. Yum. Not the best mock dishes ever but very satisfying. Friday we had steamed prawn dumplings and veggies parties for entrees- dumplings were fantastic. Mains were basil pork stir fry and spicy chicken, the chicken was basically fried chicken with sauce, but not complaining. Sticky fried rice was AMAZING and I'd recommend it instead of plain. Very fast, friendly service, English menu available, they were turning people away on Friday when we left.

Pros: fast, price, taste
Cons: decor, that it's not in my home town
astro
astro

Delicious

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

I affectionately call Tien Hiang "Chinese Paradise". The food is so delicious we always order too much.
the hot-pots are winners, as is the Vietnamese salad and the caramelised tofu. The only downfall is that they don't serve wine (only non-alcohol drinks and beer) and they tend to use msg, but if you ask them not to they don't. Also you need to check if your dish is vegan - some of their mock meats are vegan, some aren't..
Casual canteen-style, with lovely staff, and decent prices.
Both Tien Hiangs are in great locations, not far from interesting streets and bars, especially Tien Hang 2

Pros: great food, varied menu, good value
Cons: have to check for vegan, use msg
ValerieWarner
ValerieWarner

Excellent find!

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2011

I took three non-vegetarian friends with me to this place and we all had a very tasty and reasonably-priced meal. The place looks a bit like a hole in the wall but the food was good (small-ish portions, but still filling) and the staff friendly. All of us were very pleased and satisfied with our meal- can't wait to go back :)

Pros: yummy food, good value
Amanda-JaneAnsell
Amanda-JaneAnsell

Excellent

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2011

My husband and I visited this restaurant during our stay in Paris in October 2011 after finding numerous reviews on the Internet. I am vegan and my husband is vegetarian.

It's not in the best location although apparently there are two branches. We went to the branch near Voltaire metro station. It was very easy to find, only a short walk from a number of different metro stations, but we are always prepared with good maps to prevent getting lost with a hungry tummy. If you are visiting Pere Lahaise cemetary this restaurant is an ideal place for lunch or dinner.

Inside it's very casual, almost more like a cafe, but still very nice and comfortable. It filled up really quickly after we arrived which is reassuring sign.

The staff all spoke English a well as French and the menu was available in English.

The menu is very large with almost too much choice, it took us ages to decide as there are so many appealing options. Eventually we had the mock duck and mock beef in satay sauce followed by almond soya milk jelly and this plus drinks was about 30 euro's so excellent value. The service was lightning speed. Dishes are served up to you as they are made so you don't necessarily get your order at the same time as who you're dining with. What can I say about the food other than it's delicious, the tastes and textures are amazing, the flavour is awesome, the portions are on the smaller side but perfect for that comfortably full feeling rather than that I've eaten so much I can't move feeling. I wish we'd eaten here more than once as it was the best food we ate the whole time were were in Paris and probably the best value food we ate whilst we were there as well.

Pros: Delicious, Price, Service
Cons: Location
raphalla
raphalla

Excellent Southeast Asian Food

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2011

We went there on Thursday night, 4 adults and a toddle in the pram. The restaurant is small, but there were only may be 5 clients. They actually asked us whether we had a reservation, but we were not. However, they gave us a table if we could leave in one hour and a half. So, i figure, bigger group should really make reservation. I had Malaysian laksa (slightly spicy), it was the best that i ever had outside from Malaysia. Their Thai soup were good too. All of us were satisfied with our meals. Unfortunately, they do not have high chair and the small space is not really pram friendly too.

Pros: Food
Cons: No high chair
warino
warino

Awful, nauseating, disappointing!

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2011

Tine Hiang has gone way down! The service was awful, arrogant and rude (not the cutesy funny rude you might have normally in Paris). The food was undercooked, small portions, bland. The middle of the dumplings were ice cold. But the service - unbelievably bad! The waiter refused to give us condiments, suggesting that we "ask our neighboring table for theirs" and insisted that we have rice with our dishes but did not seem able to bring it to us when our dishes were served. This restaurant appears very popular with locals, but I would strongly recommend that it is avoided, at least until they get their act back together.

Cons: Food, Service, Ambience
gkreitz
gkreitz

Excellent asian food

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2011

Best food we had in Paris. Excellent selection of asian food, and the dishes we had were great. It's not quite as central as many of the other vegan restaurants, but well worth the subway ride. Prices are very cheap for Paris. Make sure to try the coconut juice - it came with big pieces of fresh coconut in the glass, tasting absolutely amazing!

Pros: Food quality, Coconut juice, Cheap (for Paris)
estefinparis
estefinparis

Asian veg bliss

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2011

Tien Hiang is an excellent spot to satisfy all your Chinese veg food cravings. The menu is very extensive and the food is excellent. Most of it is mock meats in veganised versions of traditional Asian dishes, mostly Chinese with some additions such as pho or curries. The only non vegan item in the menu, according to the staff when we were there, is the "ham" (jambon) which they have in two versions, with and without milk. Very popular spot and quite small, be sure to make a reservation!

davidbridel
davidbridel

Good, reasonably priced food

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2011

We just came back from a delicious dinner at Tien Hang 2. Nestled in a decidedly unprepossessing neighborhood, the restaurant is spartan and uninspiring... until you eat. And then it is wonderful. Delicately spiced, richly flavored, with a particularly effective sweet and sour balance - I recommend it. Hard to find good Asian vegan food in Paris, but this place is terrific. And good value in an expensive city.

razorfrog
razorfrog

Great food, tons of options

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2011

It's a bit off the beaten path in a strange clothing-filled district, but we had a great meal here. The normal menu has dozens of great sounding options, but we elected to choose from the fixed-price €11 menu and got Basil Tofu and Cashew Chicken. Both were great, and we had a few sides, appetizers, and desserts which went well together.

Total price for two people with drinks, tip and a bit left over = €30. We'll be back!

Pros: Lots of options, English Menu
Eugene Nyunt.
Eugene Nyunt.

Don't take my word for it !

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2011

A short stroll and very easy climb up from Republique Metro I visited once at the start of March earlier this year, and thoroughly enjoyed the cruelty-free "chicken" curry with rice. Unusually it was prepared with tofu rather than a wheat-based mock meat which I've encountered more often elsewhere. It was gorgeous.
The interior of the restaurant reminded me a tad of a workman's cafe - being slightly bland, and this is something the owners can definitely improve on - but the food itself was enjoyable. I also had the papaya salad. Although I polished this off quickly it could have done with a tad more chilli to give it its characteristic bite.
If there's one thing I wasn't impressed with is its location, which really is a comment about other places nearby. This is probably explained by the fact that I went for a meal at night on a Sunday, when other shops and the like had already finished their hours of trade.

Pros: Vegan., English menu upon request., Yummy, yummy, yummy.
Cons: Some of the other shops in the area.
abbybarker
abbybarker

Too much choice!

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2010

This place is amazing, so much choice! A friendly, smallish restuarant, very welcoming, felt like we had stumbled on a place that was very popular with locals which I always think is a good sign. Arrived 20 minutes before they closed and were made to feel so welcome, it was lovely! Food is delicious and arrived quickly. A real gem of a place, I would highly recommend you go there! Two main meals, two drinks and a desert (vegan almond jelly, mmm!) came to just over 20 Euros, bargain! They also do take out.

Pros: So much choice, English menu, Very helpful staff
Cons: Almost TOO much choice!!
Brian78
Brian78

Brilliant!

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2010

We visited Tien Hiang on a busy Sunday evening with no reservation & helpfully they managed to find us a table with only an hours wait (we popped to a bar on the corner whilst we waited)

Although the restaurant is vegetarian the menu & staff informed us that anything can be made vegan. I tried everyones food & everything was delicious, I especially enjoyed their wide array of mock meat dishes.

I can't wait to go back!

Pros: Anything could be made vegan, Lovely staff, Pretty cheap for Paris
Parasol
Parasol

Tasty Little Gem

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2010

We ate here in July 2010. We visited here on a Friday afternoon. Our waiter spoke English (not that we expect that) and gave us English menus upon our asking. He was very congenial.

The menu was extensive and prices are fair. Our meal with two appetizers, two entrees, and two (non-alcoholic) drinks came to 30 Euro.

I had a Vietnamese cold spring roll to start. It was very fresh and tasty. My partner had shrimp dumplings, they were over-steamed and, therefore, a little gluey. For our mains I had a beef vermicelli dish. On top of noodles were onions, beef, mint, and... strangely... lettuce. The lettuce was the only downside. It got wilted and the chef should have used spinach or bok choi instead. My partner got the cashew chicken which was the preferred entree of the two.

The meal was rather satisfying and tasty overall and we were glad we made the special trek to this restaurant. It was very easy to find from the metro but the surrounding neighbourhood is not all that welcoming and rather run-down. Rue Bichat, in particular, looks depressing. Regardless, this is a very clean and happy little place to eat for great Asian food.

Pros: Mock meat (rare in Paris), Easy to find, Clean
Cons: Not much to see in neighbourhood, Ambiance, TINY bathroom
thingamygig
thingamygig

Hearty portions & Hearty Menu!

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2010

This place was a life-saver when we visited it. We had been travelling around Paris sight-seeing all day with little food. I found it using the 'Veg out' App for the Iphone.
The Menu is avaliable in English & has a large selection of Mouthwatering delights. It didn't break the bank, & my partner & I left with our belts bursting!

Pros: Large Portions, Very tasty food, Totally Veggie
Cons: A bit difficult to find
vegetalien
vegetalien

Great!

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2010

We had a great meal here the other night. My partner and I had been to the other Tien Hiang (the first one), which is also very good, although we felt that we were able to get slightly larger servings at Tien Hiang 2. I got the pineapple curry, which was very good. My husband got the Vietnamese Crepe, which was great, and our friend got a plate of crispy noodles, which was also very good. This is a nice place for vegans to get a delicious and inexpensive meal, especially since they don't use eggs. One may want to ask about whether the dish one wants is made with milk

Pros: inexpensive and tasty, very friendly, almost entirely vegan
vikasag
vikasag

Excellent Vegi Restuarant

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2010

Close to Republique Metro station and also to Hi Youth Hostel.
Excellent mock meat dishes, some quite spicy. Large menu. Staff is very friendly. 3 course Menu of the day cost around 12 Euros.

Pros: Excellent food, good valu, friendly staff
Tiedo000
Tiedo000

Good

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2010

Small restaurant (also take-away) with a huge menu.
They should consider serving more 'real' vegetarian dishes, instead of all the chicken-imitation, fish-imitation, etc.
Nevertheless all we got tasted good.

Second location in Paris

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2010

Tien Hang opened a clone of their initial restaurant, this time close to Republic. Although the area may seem a little daunting, the menu is identical and, O Joy, 99% vegan. Parisians welcome this new addition to the veg-world of the capital.

Pros: Great food, Good value for money
dribsndrabs
dribsndrabs

Best vegetarian restaurant in Paris

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2010

Visited on a Thursday evening. Found the restaurant in Chinatown, in easy walking distance of the metro (tram). We were the only diners in there aside from another couple. The restaurant also sells vegetarian/health food. There's a wonderful atmosphere.

The vegetarian menu was extensive with english translations throughout. The service was very friendly although, our waitress could not speak english. The food was very well cooked, flavoursome, and reasonably priced (€27 for starters, main, and desserts plus drinks for 2 people).

I couldn't recommend this place enough.

Pros: Vegetarian, Extensive menu, Reasonably priced
Cons: No toilets
tyrantasaur
tyrantasaur

HIANGOUT

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2009

My friends and I LOVE Tien Hiang, and we go at every possible opportunity. It is ALL vegetarian asian cuisine (offering a variety of chinese, vietnamese, japanese, and thai menu options) so you don't have to worry about picking something that has a meat base or little flecks of something suspicious floating around. There is soy sauce and hot sauce on the table for you to use at your leisure, but chances are you probably won't need it! I have tried many things on the menu and they are all delicious. Even if you don't like mock meat, there is usually a tofu option as well (but I highly recommend their fake pork!)

The menu is extensive and allows for all kinds of taste buds. You can rack up quite a tab if you are like us and want to order as much as possible, but for two people it is very difficult to exceed 25 euros. They have several "menu" options that, for a fixed price, you can order an appetizer and rice, main dish, and dessert.

It can be far away (I have to switch 3 times) but it is totally worth it! Try not to go late on the weekends because it is the busiest time. It is rather small and very popular--but no fear, if you really want some good food on a friday night, they do take-out!

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They offer french or english menus, are quick to bring you your food and drinks, and you can pay with cash or a card. They tally it up by hand, so it is extremely easy to split a check. Some of the waitstaff can speak English if needed.

My favorite things are absolutely the potage pekinois, anything with porc, and the riz cantonais. The menu varies from even less than 3,50 (though mostly rice) to above 10,00, and everything is reasonably priced--and you get good sized portions for what you pay.

The easiest way to get there from Voltaire is to take the Léon Blum exit, cross the street to the place LB and you can follow along ave Parmentier until you hit rue du chemin vert on your right (about a block or two down), follow it until you pass by a bar/tabac across from a boulangerie, and you know you are getting close. It is on the right side of the street.

Pros: delicious food extensive menu, friendly waitstaff, good prices
Cons: can be busy at times
  • tyrantasaur tyrantasaur

oh, I also forgot; it is closed for a few hours during the day, so make sure you check the times! And like many amazing things in Paris, it is closed on Monday.

+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

very good and cheap

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2009

only the ham can contain milk, ask it vegan.
only weak point : it's not organic

Vacation: August 10th-31st

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2009

Tien Hiang is our regular veg hang out in our neighborhood and we just found out they will be closed for summer vacation August 10th-31st.

Morbid Cafe
Morbid Cafe

very nice!

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2009

This place seemes to be popular because the fist time we got there, there was no more place. Luckily the offered takeaway and our hotel wasn't too far. The menu is incredibly huge and full of choice. The salad was refreshing and the noodles were just great. I really loved their food, even though we never ate on the spot. We went back for more takeaway and I would love to live near that place in order to be able to taste everything they have on the menu (which would take a lot of time!)
The staff was extremely friendly and didn't need any explanation concerning us being vegan. I would love to go back there, this place is definately on my list of favourites.

Pros: great choice, good food, takeaway option
Cons: small
SallyP
SallyP

Well recommended

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2008

It's a bit off the beaten track (or maybe we just went the long way around) but this little restaurant is well worth going to. There's a huge menu available. It has an Oriental feel to the dishes and as we love Asian food, this was great. The prices are acceptable. The place is small and gets crowded due to it's popularity. Go - it's great.

Pros: huge menu, very tasty, friendly atmosphere
Cons: huge menu
gigi1033
gigi1033

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2008

it was closed due to a vacation probably after we took 3 trains to get there so i advise you call first. and don't go to the pizza place next door. The menu looked really good though and everything was under 7 euros.

juliej
juliej

lovely

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2008

We went to this place on the 1st night of our stay. The food is delicious. I dont like mock meat but there are some dishes without it. The sushi is delicious and the miso soup too. The staff are friendly and speak english. I would recommend this place.

Pros: good food, lots of choices, good value
veggirl
veggirl

Best food, best prices, best experience overall

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2008

Tien Hiang is my #1 favorite restaurant in Paris. Their food is absolutely delicious, the owners are friendly and accommodating, and it is clean and very reasonably priced with fast service. Their place is very close to the Pere Lachaise cemetery (metro), just a few blocks walking down Chemin Vert (92 rue du Chemin Vert); their hours are 11:30-22:30 every day and telephone no. is 01-4355-8388. I managed to eat there 3 times in 4 days recently and wish I could move it to Brussels, where there is nothing like this. Fantastic vegan place.

Pros: delicious tasting, healthy, inexpensive
Cons: small but cozy, not in Brussels
vegan girl 24
vegan girl 24

love it!

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2008

went to this place on my last night in paris, after living there for 4 months. it was delicious!
if you are not so big on the fake meat, this might not be your favorite place. but there are sooo many options, that even if you don't, there are still many things for you.
sushi was delicious, as were the fried dumplings. actually, the fried dumplings were amazing!! probably the best thing we had there. i got the stuffed tofu, and my brother got the curried "chicken." stuffed tofu was delicious and incredibly unique. curried chicken was also fantastic. lots of fresh veggies but such unique dishes--it is all very exciting to eat!
staff was friendly too, and each dish is around 7 euro, so amazing value.
also in a cool area--right near the pere lachaise cemetery. check it out!

Pros: unique and delicious, filling, good value
Helenw
Helenw

Tien Hiang

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2008

Excellent value for money, we had a three course meal for 10 euros each. The food was tasty and was served quickly. The waitress was helpful too and she gave us a menu in English. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Tasty food, Very cheap, Friendly Staff
Iris_5
Iris_5

great!!!

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2008

The staff was so friendly and spoke english, sadly the restaurant was a bit small but there was a nice ambiance. I ordered 4 different dishes and they were all delicious. VEGAN SUSHI was the best. I would like to come back to paris just for this restaurant! The food is quite cheap just the beverages are a bit expensive.

matrosin
matrosin

super food

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2008

Food was really good and not that expensive. Staff is good and friendly. They got an extra menuplan in english. Really much food. I like this "vegetarian meat", its funny to eat and its tasty. It's like vegan paradies, because you can have everything vegan. Ambiance is nice but not specially decorated. Could be bigger and nicer. All in all food is here important and this excellent!

Pros: excellent food, good and friendly staff
Cons: quite little, unprofessional, not cozy
Olive
Olive

Excellent !!!

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2008

The food is excellent and quite cheap !
The place is nice, the waiters are friendly ...
So, just try it !

Pros: excellent food, cheap (for Paris), friendly staff
PlanetEarth
PlanetEarth

Worth the visit!

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2008

For the price, you have no excuse not to go out of your way to visit this small happy restaurant.
Have fun!

Pros: Good price, Good portion, Good food
Cons: Decor, Location?
noah
noah

go here

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2008

after being completely drunk at my hostel and talking to the front desk guy for endless hours, he recommended this place to me (he was a fellow veggie guy) its near the big cemetery in paris that i am to lazy to look the name of up. but the food was amazing. the service was great. they let me in 30 minutes early and served me tea and let me sit and read until they opened. very good service. the food was also amazing. would recommend it to anyone in paris. oh, and it was very cheap for what you get. one of the few places where i thought i was getting a good value for my dollar (us and euro)

jennybe
jennybe

closed on Monday night

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2007

still in business, but closed on that night. oh well.

supervegan
supervegan

Nice place!

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2007

My friends and I were really impressed with this place. They squeezed us in when they were about to close and fed us amazingly flavorful mock meats. The service was great, too.

Pros: Friendly, All-vegetarian, Delicious!
Cons: Not all vegan
cookiemonster
cookiemonster

Wonderful!

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2007

We had a wonderful meal here! A big selection, decent sized portions and good prices. Especially with the slim vegan pickings in Paris, Tien Hiang is a welcome oasis. The only problem is that they don't open for supper until 6:30pm.

Pros: cheap, delicious, good portions
Cons: doesn't open until 6:30pm
Guest
Guest

Vegan Must

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2007

Great restaurant, recommended for all vegans travelling to Paris. The menu is huge and the dishes are great. Very cheap too!

Pros: great vegan food, english menu, low prices
Annelies
Annelies

Just go there

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2007

This restaurant is in the Chinese part of town. From the outside, it doesn't look very inviting. The tables were not set and its a small place. But the food is great and low-priced. Tea for example was only 1,50 euro, in any other place you pay more than 4 euro. The menu is also in English. You'll find 'beef' and other meats on it, but that's fake of course. A menu (3 courses) is only 10 euro. Staff is really friendly.

How to get there: Metro Chemin Vert isn't nearest to this restaurant, but is easy to find. Because Rue Chemin Vert starts here. It's a 7 minute walk. Other metro stations: St. Maur and Voltaire.

Pros: Friendly staff, tasty food, low-priced
justin
justin

Eat at this restaurant!

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2007

This is my new favourite restaurant in France. The portions are excellent and, at 10 Euro for a menu (combo) deal, it can't be topped. The veggie meats are fantastic. There is a huge variety to choose from, which distinguishes it from most other veggie restaurants in France.

Pros: non-smoking, nice staff, excellent food
SarkeBeeley
SarkeBeeley

Little Gem

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2006

On our first night in Paris we managed to track down this place. It had a mouth watering menu (of which they had an english version thankfully). The food was lovely and the service pleasant. It had a nice relaxed cafe-type atmosphere. Definately worth a visit.

Pros: Pleasant staff, Nice atmosphere, Good choice
Cons: Bit difficult to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Tien Hiang: