Tiean Aruy

Name in Thai is เทียนอ้าย. It sits behind Grand Joientean Beach Hotel. Offers Chinese noodles in addition to Thai food, salads, and beverages. All vegan food except for dairy milk. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, American

• Cash only

First Review by earthville
reissausta ja ruokaa
reissausta ja ruokaa

Okay food but a bit weird service

3 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2013

This is not on the Pattaya Beach Road Soi, it is on Jomtien Beach Road Soi.

When I went there on December 2013 I felt like the staff were a little suprised that I came there. I don´t know who their customers usually are because they are located in such a turisty area in Jomtien.

This is located on the northern soi next to the Grand Jomtien Beach Hotel. There are many shops on that soi.

I had foods from the buffet and it was okay. But I did not feel comfortable because I felt like the staff was wondering a little that how an earth did I come there. The staff was very friendly and nice, but I don´t like to eat in restaurants where I feel like I probably shouldn´t be there.

They showed me the menu, but I understood that they didn´t have the foods? I think the staff needs to improve their English and customer service. I couldn´t find out what else I could have had than food from the buffet.

I visited this on December 2013.

Pros: cheap, the only veg restaurant in Jomtien
Cons: Service was a little weird, Menu foods not available?
earthville
earthville

Only veg*n place near Jomtien beach as of Sep '13

3 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

Tiean Aruy is a small eatery/café/shop just a ways down the soi just on the north side of the Grand Joientean.

On my visit, the were serving a curious mix of of a few buffet dishes and a selection of frozen packaged veggie meals that they heat up on demand. They also handed me a menu (with English), but then told me actually nothing from the menu was available.

Not being a huge fan of frozen packaged meals, i opted for a plate with all three items from the three-item buffet. It was on the late end of lunch, so the items were cold. I asked if they could heat them (through the aid of a bilingual patron), and once hot i found it tasty and reasonably priced at 40B including brown rice.

They also offer juices, coffee, and tea. The place appears to be mostly vegan with the exception of cans of Carnation milk kept on hand for the coffee (though i didn't check the ingredients on the boxes of frozen meals).

The shop sells teas, snacks (dried fruit, nuts, and other crunchy things), and a small selection of dried and canned staples.

Pros: affordable, brown rice, fresh juices
Cons: some items are frozen packaged meals

Dear Owner and Manager of Tiean Aruy: