Popular cafe on river with large outside eating area. Near landing stage for boats from Westminister. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly

First Review by Jemima
Dancentia
Dancentia

OK food, pleasant location

3 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2014

As I am becoming more accustomed to great vegan food being available in London, I was a little disappointed by the almond twist on sale here - it seemed a little stale and lacking in flavour. One bonus is that the cafe not only offers soya milk but also almond milk for hot drinks. Other foods on offer for vegans were salad, falafel and harissa flatbread (though I cannot speak for the quality of these as I did not try them). The prices are a little steep in my opinion considering the quality of the food I tried could have been better. The cafe's location next to the river is pleasant on a nice sunny day.

Pros: Location
Cons: Average food
LauraStone90
LauraStone90

Nice Shopping Break

3 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2013

We visited once, during a shopping trip. It was initially hard to find, as we weren't too sure what we were looking for! I think I had a small slice of a Vegan chocolate orange cake, and my partner had a Vegan pastry, along with a cold drink. We sat outside by the river, which was relaxing.

Pros: Nice location
Cons: Not many Vegan options
helennightingale
helennightingale

Don't risk the soup

2 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2009

We go to this cafe as we live near by and because it's in a lovely position. The Vegan options as far as we can see are samosas, soup and 1 cake choice. My husband had soup in a mug and it turned out to be some kind of instant soup and was undrinkable.

Pros: Position
Cons: Limited Vegan options

kool_kitchen
kool_kitchen

Inedible

2 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2009

When we visited the "restuarant" was under reconstruction & food was being served out of a marquee with portaloos for toilets, BUT, I can't imagine it would get a whole lot better. Food was cold, hard and basically inedible, the kind of food which gives vegetarianism a bad name amongst carnivores- tasteless & basically awful. I am not normally this scathing, but we were hungry & couldn't eat what we had overpaid for it was literally that bad.

Pros: Location
Cons: Food, Food, Food
Jemima
Jemima

Next to the water

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2009

Once you've made your way down to the Thames around Richmond you will find the cafe under a couple of the arches of a bridge going over it. They've enclosed it by glassing in the arches. In winter there is a cosy feeling when you go in with a couple of couches as well as tables. There are toys for children to play with, a book exchange area which has some old videos and a community notice board. In summer there is an outdoor area to sit in overlooking the water which is about five times as big.

There is a blackboard with food listed behind the counter. It consists of lots of snacks and light meals such as samosas, savoury pastries and quiche. There is also muesli for breakfast and there are cakes. There are coffee and cold beverages.

Service is fine.

Value is fine at about five ₤ for a snack and beverage.

I guess it's more than a three - because of the spot.

Pros: Pleasant place to go in all weather, lot's of yummy looking snacks
Cons: Menu is largely snacks

Dear Owner and Manager of Tide Tables: