Connected with Hiltl restaurant in Zurich, Europe's oldest vegetarian restaurant, Tibits is situated on the fashionable Heddon Street, a short stroll from famous Piccadilly Circus. Features a bountiful food boat of savory entrees as well fresh salads--help yourself to what you'd like, and a staff will weigh your plate. Food is served until 30 minutes before closing. Has fresh juices and takeaway containers available. Reservations taken for group of 8 or more. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Catering, Take-out
12-14 Heddon Street (off Regent Street)
London, England W1B 4DA
020-7758-4110

Open Mon-Wed 9am-10:30pm, Thur-Sat 9am-12am, Sun 11:30am-10:30pm.

First Review by marybheine
Emisgoodeating
Emisgoodeating

Vegan, stylish in Central London? Yes!!

5 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

I've been here a few times now. As you've read in other reviews, it's a buffet and you weigh your plate at the end of choosing. There are many vegan options, including plenty of vegan sweets. The food is tasty, varied and the price is not bad considering location. Taking non veg*ns is totally possible and they'll love it too. Don't miss it.

Pros: Stylish, Great food, Central London
Vegan Victoria
Vegan Victoria

Tasty treats in London

4 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2014

This is a buffet-style restaurant; you load up the food on a two-tier table; all dishes clearly labeled. Then you take your plate over to the bar to get the plate weighed and pay for the amount you've taken. They had friendly help there for my first visit even though I was pretty jet-lagged flying in from CA. They also have great juices and I splurged on a fabulous chocolate brownie. Both times I went it was crowded but found a nice seat by the window.

Pros: tasty food , well-labeled dishes, good variety
Cons: don't know price until plate is weighed
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

A decent Buffet

5 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

I've been to Tibits a few times now (as a vegan) and I like eating there. There are plenty of options to choose from- it is all clearly labelled and you can pick whatever you want and pay at the end.

Unlike what others have said, I have found vegan dessert there before- coffee mousse, some type of crumble, another time I have a toffee dessert....I think it's just luck of the drawer on the day you visit!

As with most things- this is London so you do pay for it. However the food, atmosphere, staff etc make it worth it. Definitely worth a stop here when in the city centre whether you are veggie or vegan :)

Oh and there are plenty of seats and free tap water (also possible to re-fill your water bottle from it!)

Pros: great healthy food, atmosphere, choice
elrujo
elrujo

LOADS GOOD VEGGIE FOOD

4 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

also great place to go to in central london
wide selection of veggie food and vegan food is labelled too
good big take away box for 10 pounds and you can take up to 1.3 kg of food with u, lid has still to fit though
especially the vegan desserts are delicious

Pros: good setting, great variety, tasty
Cons: eat in a bit on the expensive side
MalinB
MalinB

Great food, nice staff, cozy atmosphere

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

Tibits was the most pleasant dining-experience I had while visiting London last year. There was a lot of vegan and gluten-free options, and the food was amazing, and cheap. The staff was also lovely - extremely kind and cheerful!

I had a full plate of vegan food, lemonade and a vegan ice cream - everything was extremely tasty. What made Tibits really special though, was the atmosphere in and outside the restaurant. Tibits is located in a very cozy street, with cute buildings.

I will definitely visit Tibits again. The only con here is that the restaurant isn't 100% vegan.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 03, 2014

Pros: great staff, good food, nice vibe
Cons: not a 100% vegan
Tildorko
Tildorko

Eat Here.

5 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

Had a delightful meal at Tibits. My only regret is that I did not pile my plate high with the dried green bean salad - it is far more delicious than it sounds! Wish they had more vegan dessert options, but overall one of the best meals I've had in London.

Pros: customer service, variety
ADAH
ADAH

Impressionant!!!

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

Espectacular i "fashion" vegetarià; un munt de plats per escollir, tots els tastats boníssims, Ben assenyalat el que es vegà i "gluten free" (la major part dels plats) Bon preu, de fet pagues segons pes del teu plat.

Pros: Varietat, Presència
Cons: Postres sense gluten escasos o nuls., Postres vegans escasos.
ESteele02
ESteele02

Favourite restaurant!

5 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

Tibits is by far the best vegetarian I have ever visited.
As this is a buffet type restaurant you can select the foods you like (all labelled egg free/vegan etc). A lot of choice of hot food and cold food, every visit there have been different selections available. Also a selection of 5 different deserts (around 3 vegan) the chocolate cream is the best!
Even my meat eating boyfriend really enjoys this vegetarian restaurant, and it proves vegetarian food can be amazing!
Very busy during all times of the day, however there is extra seating downstairs and outside.
The amount you pay for your meal depends on the weight of the amount on your plate, which is good if you would like to pop in for a small snack!

Pros: Labelled food (egg free/vegan), Atmosphere , Price according to weight if food
Cons: Nothing!
yinkia
yinkia

Good value but most food contains garlic & onion

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

I had a lunch in this restaurant when I went to London in September 2013. I love the atmosphere in this restaurant. It is cozy and clean, located in the center of London. There is a special corner for kids. The price is reasonable, you pay for what you eat since it is a buffet style. There are 40 types of hot dishes and salads available. However, I didn't have many options since most of the hot dishes and salads contain garlic and onion. I hope the restaurant will provide more hot dishes (e.g. curry) without garlic and onion.

Pros: Nice vibe, Friendly staff, Good value
Cons: Most food contains garlic and onions
etka
etka

Convenient location, great variety, good value

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

We ate at Tidbits 3 times this past August and found it to be good value (not expensive as others have written although we ate there lunchtime). For us it averaged 8 pounds per person, which is not bad for a good restuarant in the center of London (we didn't order drinks but there was plenty of cold water available). There was a large variety of hot dishes and salads, which satisfied even my my youngest daughter, who is very selective about what she eats. The deserts were also good. The service was very pleasant (e.g. finding us a table). It is located near all the big stores and not far from the National Gallery.

Pros: excellent food, large variety, good value
gin_and_tonic
gin_and_tonic

Stylish and well placed

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

I went here at lunch time on a bright sunny day and was pleasantly surprised. It's situated on a pedestrianised road, that's occupied by several other restaurants. A nice quiet little oasis, just off busy Regent Street. I was able to get a table and sit in the sun, which was a good place to be.

The restaurant is a very stylish affair; the decor is modern and clean, the staff friendly. The food is well laid out and labeled clearly. It's a help yourself buffet and the price is based on weight.

The quality of the food is pretty good and they have some interesting dishes to choose from. There are also a number of deserts on offer, but I didn't sample them. I enjoyed the tofu and melon with ginger, the stuffed jalapeno and the carrot and ginger quiche. There are lots of salad dressings and seed sprinkles on offer as well.

There seems to be lots of drinks on offer, from alcoholic (including some real ales), to the carrot, ginger and apple juice I had.

The price is on the higher end of the scale (~£13 for lunch and a drink), but the quality, presentation and atmosphere are included in that.

Pros: Choice, Outside seating, Location
MissPennyLane
MissPennyLane

Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

Great vegan selection, clearly marked, everything seems to be made from scratch: salads, warm food and deserts. you can mix it as you like it. the staff is friendly and helpfull.
a bit pricy if you are really hungry.

Pros: fresh, clearly marked, great vegan selection
Cons: a bit pricy
KatieBatty
KatieBatty

Amazing vegan options except dessert

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

I love Tibits! I have been to a few in Switzerland and the London one was just as good - clearly marked vegan options - and lots of them, very fresh, good variety, healthy and some unhealthy (wedges and onion rings), nice decor. Only downside is there was VERY limited vegan desserts.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, clearly marked, Variety , Fresh
Cons: Not much vegan dessert
pixi42
pixi42

Vegetarian Paradise!

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

Very large buffet of starters and hot dishes (pay by weight).
Nicely decorated.
The best.

Pros: Buffet, Fresh Products
Cons: Nothing
LAWUR
LAWUR

THE BEST

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

Thanks to TIBITS owners to setting it up and running it so well!

The food is amazing, the atmosphere is great, the place clean, the staff is friendly, and it is open until late.

Maybe it is a bit expensive, although worth the value.

Enjoy it and have fun! :)

Chris W
Chris W

Recommended

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

Really good healthy option in Central London. Not cheap but good quality food. Vegan Choc mousse is amazing.

Pros: Great location, Good clearly labelled vegan options
Cons: Can run out of vegan dessert options at times
  • Chris W Chris W

In response to the above - totally fair comment -I do tend to pile up my plate a bit -somehow managed to spend £16 on just my main course before drinks and dessert last time! I totally agree that for the quality of the food and the location Tibits is good value!

• capers123 capers123

We've found Tibits good value - managed to feed a party of 5 for £40 including drinks which for Central London is wonderful value. We tend to go at lunchtime and the price per 100g is cheaper at that time of day.

As for the food - wonderful.

DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Great place!!

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2013

Simple and delicious, the way to go!

Everything tastes great and well prepared. Vegan onion rings are just a dream! Would definitely come back to this place!

Pros: tasty, onion rings
tryn ny ty
tryn ny ty

Outstanding dinner for a weary traveler!

5 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

Tonight Tidbits made this weary vegan road warrior one happy girl. I just arrived via the tube from Paris this morning after spending six days in France where I nearly passed out from lack of protein. The staff was helpful and charming, and the restaurant's design and decor are fabulous!

I had one plate for dinner from the buffet which I filled with small servings of many of the dishes (daal, several bean salads, falafel, hummus, chutney) and a bottled water costing just a bit north of £10. I wanted to stay and eat all night!

I'm a high-maintenence foodie, and this place get high marks from me. Well done, Tidbits!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Very tasty, Good price for value
Cons: Small WCs
LoyalVeggie
LoyalVeggie

brilliant variety! quality! fresh!

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

Love love love!!! Everything is clearly labelled and well presented!!!

Absolute variety and delicious! Food heaven!

I'm buying the recipe book! Hope to return when in London again!

Pros: variety , fresh , taste sensation
absentimental
absentimental

Great concept with a wide range of food

4 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

This restaurant is situated in an alley right off Regent street. The surroundings are very cozy and intimate, it doesn't feel like you're only inches away from a busy street. The staff were very keen on explaining how the concept works, since it was our first visit. I like the concept of weighing your plate and paying for the amount of food on it.
There was a wide range of both hot and cold food on the buffet, along with a few desserts. The falafel was too hard and the cauliflower gratin was too spicy, but apart from that the meal was really good. I would highly recommend the mini calzones with mock meat!
Serves alcohol.

Pros: Cozy area, Wide range of food, Outdoor seating
baljit
baljit

Good food great venue

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

We have been a number of times, it is great place to pop into when you have been to Hamley's toy shop or a west end show.
Great choice of food suitable for veggies and vegans.
We were particularly pleased as we have small children and with the buffet they could pick and choose what they wanted.
Plus for me - they have a children activity section downstairs. The kids played with other children colouring etc whilst we had a quiet vegan beer!

Pros: lovely food, children friendly , choice
frads
frads

Probably the best vegan place I've been to date

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

My husband and I have been vegan for a few years and during a ten day trip to London we were eager to try many of the available options that we had. Tidbits was the last restaurant we visited from our list and that's not a bad thing.

Once we got a taste of it we were hooked. We ate there once a day for the last three days. It's a very spacious place, great ambiance, great food selection, the staff was helpful and kind and the prices are reasonable. The plate seems to add most of the weight so make sure you get what you want from the start as you pay by weight.

Pros: Excellent food, Great ambiance, Good prices
houtandhout
houtandhout

Amazing location, and restaurant, but..

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2013

They could not have chosen a more perfect corner for the shop.. Part hidden but also in the heart of the city. The lay out is nice and spacious too and the decor is nice. The food how ever, is sooo bland! They can do a LOT better. And it never seems to change so much that you notice (Apart from the desserts). Then again, maybe I'm fussy, check it out..

Pros: Location, Spacious, Affordable
Cons: Plain food
pefff
pefff

Amazing food!

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

I took a trip to Tibits for lunch with friends. Being vegan I'm always prepared for there to be little on the menu for me to choose from but Tibits was different.
In the middle of the restaurant there's a huge buffet table to choose all your food from. There are a huge amount of vegan options to choose from.
The cost of the food is based on the weight of your plate. Mine was quite heavy (overwhelmed by the choice!) so the plate came to around £10.

I was most pleased to see a vegan potato dauphinoise and vegan vanilla cream to go with dessert! All the food was completely delicious.

I will be back!

Pros: Lots of Vegan options, Delicious, Value for money
Cons: Nothing I can think of!
Georgina
Georgina

Excellent place, location, and food

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

I went to Tibits for the London Vegan Drinks events there, which was busy but not stiflingly overcrowded; it was a nice venue. The buffet was almost all vegan, the food was fantastic, and even if a little pricey it wasn't ridiculous. There was vegan beer and Booja Booja ice cream - I was really spoilt for choice :-)

Pros: Excellent food, Ice cream tubs!, Pleasant atmosphere
Cons: Perhaps pricey
bencamps
bencamps

One of my favouites

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

I first discover Tibbets when they had a branch at Westfield shopping centre in Shepherds bush. I then started coming to this one and have probably been about 40 times over the past few years. The amazing buffet constantly has new dishes, is very well labeled and the food is divine. The atmosphere is chilled and cosy but it does get busy at times. They have a great drinks list with lots of different juices and teas along with organic wines. beers and ciders. Everyone who I have taken there has loved it and some ask to go back each time they visit London. I've been to a birthday party here and the staff made a good effort for the birthday boy. The cover for David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust was taken on Heddon Street in 1972, how cool is that?

Pros: Excellent food, Chilled atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons: Can get busy
jacqui
jacqui

Well labelled buffet

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2012

We had a really nice meal and glass of sparkly here. The buffet is really well labelled, the variety is good and it is hot (you don't get the sense it has been sitting out for hours). Never having eaten here before I was having serious deja vu, then finding out it is the part of the chain as Hiltl in Zurich so the menu must be pretty similar.

Pros: variety, tasty, hot
vvvvegan
vvvvegan

Worthwhile

4 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

Food from a large buffet of clearly marked items is good enough and in some cases really good, though there is nothing very surpring here. Friendly staff and helpful mangaer, The real appeal for me was its location off Regent Street in a quiet side street. A great break from the hustle and bustle of London. All in all good food at a reasonable, though not cheap, price.

Pros: quiet location, large selection, ingredients clearly identified
Cons: Not the cheapest
s_k_
s_k_

No surprises here

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2012

Virtually identical in offerings to the Tibits chain in Switzerland: a
by-weight buffet. Lots of salads and fresh dishes. Everything tastes
just lovely. The prices are immoderately high; you're definitely
paying a premium here.

There's a nice area downstairs for children: books, toys, that sort of
thing. The buffet format also makes it easy for kids to pick out what
they want. So it's a very good stopping point for a family.

They have free wifi, but it was spotty when I visited. (It actually
worked even though they thought it didn't, and I've seen other
complaints too about the wifi. The staff didn't seem to care much
about it not working, which was a bit surprising.)

Note that it's just off Regent Street, in a quiet and pleasant little
space, so look down the side alleys off Regent to find their sign.

Pros: wide spread, high quality, buffet format has many advantages
Cons: pricey
Karole
Karole

Great food, great location

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2012

Ate here a few times during a weekend in London recently. Tidbits has a 'food boat', so you get your plate, load it up with everything you want, and pay by weight. Everything is very clearly labeled vegan, gluten-free, etc., which made my life as a vegan much easier. Lots of different things to choose from. The decor is very nice, and there is outdoor seating which I imagine must be really lovely in warmer weather. The vegan hot chocolate is also delicious, and they had a few different kinds of vegan desserts, which I always appreciate. There is an elevator to the lower floor where there's more seating and the restrooms, so families with strollers and/or wheelchairs should have no problem.
If you're in a bit of a rush since it's a buffet getting take-away is very easy.

Pros: Delicious, Vegan-friendly, Friendly staff
Cons: Bit chaotic, Can be expensive, Outside smoking
rjmehra
rjmehra

Fast, fun, friendly, foodgasmic!

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2012

Tibits just-off Regent Street is my default place to go most times I'm in London. My non-veggie friends love it too.
As it's pay-by-weight you're not penalised for not being obese (the converse of most buffets).
The range of items is usually pretty good, though the vegan ones are frequently cold items. There are always some hot ones too. It's hard to really place what makes this place so great, it's a combination of factors.
I would suggest going here at least once if you're visiting.
They accept tastecard discounts too.

Pros: Quality, Range, Speed
Cons: Not-cheap
Plantarian
Plantarian

Healthy Vegetarian and Vegan in London

4 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2012

you eat as much or as little to choose from a vast array of delicious dishes mostly vegan and pay by weight. Lovely place to be, tucked just behind the Bustle of Regent Street.
Vegan desserts not as impressive (yet) but there nearly always is one. Less choice for vegans on hot dishes.

Pros: healthy cuisine, good value, friendly staff
Cons: Desserts often 2nd thought
fearless
fearless

buffet bonanza

3 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2011

The best thing about the buffet was that everything was marked clearly - e.g. eggs, dairy, etc. There were plenty of vegan options. The quality of the food was reasonable, but not amazing. So while there were plenty of options on what you could eat, not too much of it really blew your mind. Not surprising given it is a buffet. One negative was that there were only a limited range of desserts available and none of them were overly appetising.

Pros: food clearly labelled, can pick and choose
Cons: minimal dessert options
raphalla
raphalla

A place to meet your friends with children

5 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2011

The restaurant is in the small/short pedestrian street near to Picaddily circle. If you come from piccaddilly underground heading to Regent Street, you will see Zara Home at the corner of the street. There are a few expensive looking restaurants/bars on this street. Most dishes are healthy and well done. One takes from the buffet area and then weight & pay at the bar. I had my main dish cum salads at around 8 pounds. Dessert at 4 pounds. Worth to mention, they have high chair for children and a small playing area at the basement. So people who are dinning with small kids can opt to take the meal at the basement, while the kids can play after their meals. The bar have some juice drinks for children too.

Pros: Food, Rather children friendly
Cons: *
JamieWilliams
JamieWilliams

My number 1 so far

5 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2011

This place is a great break from the hectic Regent Street noise. Buffet style with a nice selection of very tasty dishes. Some good juices as well. We had a three plates consisting of salad, large plate of hot/cold dishes, plus a tasty desert and juice for around 20 pounds so not a place to eat everyday if on a budget but definitely worth a visit. You pay by the weight of the food though so you decide how much you want to eat and pay.

Pros: Tasty dishes, Good Selection, Weight determines price
Cons: Parking (its London so forget it)
hippublican
hippublican

Great concept!

5 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2011

This is a vegetarian pay-by-weight buffet. Fill up your plate first, and then pay at the register.
All vegan options are clearly labeled, and there are extra vegan treats by the registers (including the best apple turnover I've ever had).
We really enjoyed all the food we got here. It was all so healthy and fresh. I only wish we'd had time to go back again!

dkinjer
dkinjer

Excellent

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2011

Tibits has a nice variety of foods at its buffet, the atmosphere is pleasant, and the location is great. Selling a buffet meal by weight makes the most sense. That way, you can taste something and then if you like it, go back for more and pay again (unlike the fixed price buffets that allow you to fill your plate once - if you've not eaten there before, you don't know how spicy something is and if you'll like it). There are good vegan options, all clearly labeled.

Pros: healthy cuisine, excellent food
kool_kitchen
kool_kitchen

Decent food on the go

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2011

Decent enough place to pop in for a lunch bite. It's buffet style and pay by the weight of what's on your plate. For it's location the prices are reasonable and there's a lovely courtyard to sit outside in the summer months. The food has a good variety of cuisines and all tastes very fresh. There's nothing outstanding, but it's all pretty good, so nothing to complain about either!

Pros: Location, Courtyard, Decent fare
Cons: Only buffet, Expensive drinks
louis
louis

Very good indeed!

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2011

Was expecting something different and more basic like previous buffet style places. Was pleasantly suprised. Great chilled atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. Interesting and appealing buffet selection with plenty of vegan options. I filled my plate high with a variety of tasty items, hot and cold including salads. Freedom vegan beer sold, had the dark ale which was lovely. Pudding was some sort of fruit crumble with vegan cream. Both were delicious. Stylish and welcoming interior, great location.

Pros: Really good food, variety, puddings
veganaurora
veganaurora

Great atmosphere

4 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2010

A friend of mine raved about this place and so I was keen to try it out. I've been back twice and have recommended it to others mainly because I love the cool decor, the relaxed atmosphere, the friendly, efficient staff and the fact that there are lots of tasty things to eat there. They also do excellent soya hot chocolate.
I wish they would do a couple more hot dishes (especially because it's so cold at the moment!) and you can pay quite a lot for your plateful if you pile the food on too high being greedy like I was. But overall it's a good place to eat and I hope they never get complacent and keep it up as London needs and deserves nice places like this for veggies.

Pros: Lots of different tasty things, Great atmosphere, Lovely decor
Cons: Can be bit pricey, wish for more hot vegan dishes
margypargy
margypargy

Really like this place

4 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2010

We're both vegan and took some non-vegan friends here. I'd emailed ahead to check there were sufficient vegan choices, including puddings (important!) and received assurances there would be. Unfortunately when we got there they only had bircher muesli (??!!*) for pud, which was a bit annoying. I notice that another lucky reviewer got cheesecake, but no such luck when we were there. However....the choice of cold vegan dishes on the buffet was great (probably 70% were vegan), hot dishes less so (probably 30%) and the food was very good quality and a nice variety of flavours. Several dishes included tofu, which was well cooked. You pay by weight of plate and we managed £27 between two of us. I can see it being problematic if they start putting the price up, as £15 per plate for a buffet feels about max for me. The positive aspect of pay per weight though is that we saw absolutely no food wasted, which has to be a good thing. The ambience is really nice - it's probably the most comfortable veggie restaurant in London - and the location ace. On balance this is probably my fave restaurant at the moment.

Pros: Ambience, Good choice for vegans, Location
Cons: Pay by weight can surprise you , Need more vegan puds
veglife
veglife

Very Cool Veg Buffet

4 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2010

We stopped in here for lunch one day on a whim. Good selection of vegan options. Excellent vegan cheesecake. It's nice to be able to choose to sample a bit of everything. Good flavors, some old standbys and some unique salads. The menu changes. Nicely decorated and friendly staff.

dwanger
dwanger

Buy exactly the portions you want

5 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2010

The food quality and diversity is fabulous. My meat eating husband wanted to return there a second time. Love that you can just take a bite of two of an item.

Pros: food quality, ambience
Cons: no table service
Ashni
Ashni

Tasty healthy food, lovely atmosphere, bit pricey

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2010

Tibits is one of my favourite veg restaurants in London.

Location and decor: It has an excellent location near Oxford Circus and Picadilly Circus on Heddon Street. The inside is beautiful with flock velvet wallpaper, and really pretty sofas and chairs.

Since it is mostly self-service (you can order certain items like baguettes and cookies from the till) it is great for parties where people are arriving at different times, and for casual get togethers where some people want to eat more than others. I also go there with my boyfriend for dates as the food is great and the staff let us sit for as long as we like so it is a good all-rounder.

Food: As you walk in from Heddon Street, on the left there is a round buffet counter where you can serve yourself from the array of cold and hot plates. There are many good cold salad dishes (taboulleh, giant butter beans, daal, lentils with parsley, rocket, mange tout, edamame beans, cucmber and tofu, cherry tomatoes and tofu etc) on the bottom counters and hot dishes (usually a thai curry dish, an indian curry dish, potato wedges, baked cauliflower, basmati rice) on the top counter. The only con is that there aren't many vegan desserts - only the chocolate coconut cream which is delicious. Then you pay at the counter. Beware it can work out a bit pricey. For a really full plate it can go up to £15 and there is no longer a cap. Don't forget your free bread roll with this.

Drinks: They also have great fruit juices (with a loyalty card you get 1 free juice with 5 stamps) and good wines.

Staff: The staff have always been really friendly to us. They always ask us as we enter if we have been to Tibits before ready to explain how it works, and are friendly to us at the till.

Pros: healthy food, friendly staff, great atmosphere
Cons: bit pricey, not many vegan desserts
Gothic Princess
Gothic Princess

Good vegan tasty food but bit pricey

4 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2010

I love my food and I love good food so I was keen to try Tibits. There is a great selection of vegan food except very few vegan puddings. We went at a quiet time so expected the staff to be friendlier. They ignored us when we walked in despite being right by the door and they had noticed us. Being no wallflower I told them it was our first time and to explain how it worked. They told us briefly but did not point out the hot plates so we only saw the hot plate storage after loading up our hot food on cold plates. The food though was very good and great choice for vegan except choice of vegan puddings which was very poor. However their chocolate coconut vegan desert was to die for! Ok we did pick a good amount but our mains were £15 each which for the fact we served ourselves was pricey. I'm happy to pay for good food and Terre a Terre, Brighton is one of my favourite UK restaurants. There was much more I wanted to try so I'll certainly go back. The design of the place is very cool. I think it would work better as an all you can eat buffet for a set price as I'd rather take a few items and keep going back. When you pay per plate you feel piggy if you keep buying new plates! Also plates are small for a pay by weight system so we had to pile the food all on top of each other. It's too quick for a romantic night out being buffet and self service. If it were a set price all you want buffet ( happy to pay £15 - £20 per person for that) and the staff were welcoming I'd give it 5/5 ;0)

Pros: Great vegan selection of mains, Great food , Nice modern decor
Cons: Bad service, indifferent staff, Pricey for a buffet, Too few vegan puds
maggiecotton
maggiecotton

Lovely

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2010

This is a lovely place the food is very nice and tasty. The restaurant is very pretty, they do food from 9am to 10pm and cocktails. The service was very good. My only gripe is that the food was the same every time we went, not much variations.

Pros: nice atmosphere, great location, great food
Cons: similar food day after day
happycowfan
happycowfan

My favourite restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2010

Delicious food. Good surroundings. Friendly staff. Couldn't wish for more.

Pros: Food, Staff, Surroundings
pollypapas
pollypapas

Delicious lunch

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2009

My type of vegetarian restaurant - a large, diverse selection of freshly prepared tasty food. And a good range of juices, teas and coffees. Even though the restaurant is situated just off Regent Street, it is just slightly on the beaten track and when we went it wasn't overly busy.

Pros: diverse selection, healthy choices, good value
wijmlet
wijmlet

• non-vegetarian

Loved Tibits in August 2009

5 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2009

The variety, the kindness of the staff, the location in town and the venue, all added to the pleasure we took in the food.

Pros: food, staff, location in town
Mimi
Mimi

Simply Wonderful Food

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2009

Lovely restaurant, spacious, comfortable, light and friendly. The food - so much to choose from. It is a buffet style, pay by weight (the food not yours)approach, which is fantastic. It means that you can try lots of lovely dishes, and enjoy a really satisfying meal. Lots of vegan options, except deserts - few vegan options. We both tried lots of the dishes, had some wine, and were too full for desert . . . but bought some apple turnovers (vegan) for later. The staff were friendly, and the food was fresh, imaginative and delicious. Worth a trip to London.

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly , Value for money
Cons: Few vegan deserts
MMC
MMC

Global goodies

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2009

There was such a variety of creative and diverse dishes existing in perfect harmony i can only hope the same for all of humankind! Stuffed jalapeno peppers, curries, tarts, turnovers, pastas, fennel and soybean salad, apple and tofu salad...
and a reasonable wine selection as well.

draeyk
draeyk

great museli

2 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2009

havnt had lunch here but love the breakfast. vegan birchermueli with wild fruits and berries, loads of add-ons like nuts, seeds and fruits... lovely.

spoke to co-owner, friendly guy and interesting they dont advertise as "vegi or vegan" so as not to put off meat eaters!

menus is exact replicas on ones in switzerland, literally ounce for ounce, no allowance for any variation which has obvious drawbacks and advantages.

limited fresh juice and only one size which is annoying.

if you ask staff seem knowledgeable and honest; admitted processed sugars are in most dishes. they also try to get organic local food however a big gripe for me is the importing of food via switzerland e.g. bringing frozen avocado's is ridiculous... im not a fan unless they start to buy more local and fresh produce. i find it irresponsible to ship food like this... hello! food miles!!! i also dont think it makes the food as healthy as it looks.

ps decor great and this corner of london has some good places to try out.

Pros: many vegan options, nice situation, friendly staff
Cons: lack of real fresh food, little organic
Niels Van Och
Niels Van Och

Great concept, great food!

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2009

My girlfriend and I had lunch here, and enjoyed everything: the food, the concept and the interior.

Firstly, the food. There was a choice of about forty dishes, all clearly labeled and marked as vegan, non-dairy, etc. The dishes were quite inventive, with not a lot of mock meat to be found. Not all dishes were equally good, but with such a wide selection, one's bound to find a few that are not to one's taste.
There was also a nice selection of drinks, with freshly made juice, hot drinks, and a choice of organic cow milk, soy milk and almond milk.

The price was quite reasonable: 1.8 pounds for 100g of food at lunch, 2 pounds at dinner. We ate for around 14 pounds, and had quite full plates.

The service was excellent: the cashiers were very friendly, the cooks who refilled the dishes looked clean and were very prompt, and there were a few people who explained the concept and did some general tidying.

Some final notes: Tibits is child-friendly, with a children's lounge and free drinks for small children. The interior is nice and vibrant, and the location is great: just off Regent's Street (in the main shopping area), but very quiet. And according to my girlfriend, it had the first clean toilets she found in all of London.

When you are in London, give this place a try. You'll love it!

Pros: great food, wide selection, great service, child friendly
stantoro
stantoro

Vegan Heaven

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2009

Just went there yesterday, guided by the Happy Cow review. Huge buffet, you get whatever you like and then weigh it. I loaded my plate pretty high and paid 9.50. Good value for money, considering it's London. There weren't that many non-vegan things on the buffet, and they were easy to identify. I'm not really a sweets person, so there may have been more milky/creamy things in that section. Lovely selection of drinks as well, and in nice weather you can sit outside in the Heddon St yard. Go there!

Pros: Good value, Very friendly staff, Outdoor seating
stegh
stegh

Better than Zurich Hiltl!

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2009

Which is saying a lot! We love Hiltl but think it's a little pricey-- Tibits has MORE vegan options (well over half of the buffet was vegan) even vegan rice pudding for dessert! Everything fresh-- chefs constantly refreshing dishes and offering more variety-- and LONG spoons so no fingers getting near to food... Really delicious-- we had 2 plates packed with food for under 20 pounds, which is pretty good for London. Delicious and great great great.
Staff is friendly (though on this night there were too few at the counter for weighing and paying) and even turned the hip-hop music down for us to have a more quiet conversation. Lots of nooks for small groups and re-arrangable tables for bigger ones (we had 5 at first and grew to 8 easily).

comida
comida

Good food and pleasant staff

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2009

Went there today for a late lunch. There was quite a good selection for vegans, and everything was clearly labelled. I had some great potato wedges, onion rings, apple, ginger, salad and the mushroom antipasti was very good too. This is a good place to stop after shopping, and I will be coming back again.

Pros: good drinks, open all day, easy to find
Cons: not enough vegan desserts
Jemima
Jemima

All Round Great Restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2009

London branch of this Swiss restaurant opened quite recently.
It is quite a large space with an upstairs and downstairs. Decor is modern and quite slick. I went at Christmas time and there was a Christmas tree decorated with all different ornaments made from/ representing food. It was rather charming as opposed to Mr Twit beard style.

It is a buffet restaurant and after you have taken your food from the table on the left as you go in it is weighed at the counter on the right and you are charged accordingly.
I piled my plate with a bit of nearly everything. The plates are big so it all fit on.
It was largely Western food with a few ethnic items such as a couple of Indian appetizers. It is difficult to recall everything I had, it ranged from starters to salads to pasta and other cooked dishes. I took a bread roll too. It was good food. It tasted good and was mostly organic although they omitted labeling it organic strictly speaking as they have taken in to account ingredient's air miles in reaching organic/ sustainable status. There is an extensive drinks list too including juice, cocktails, wine and coffee and tea. They also have purified tap water. I had a mango lassi which was good. There are deserts, also on the buffet table, however I was definitely full after my effort with the starter/main.
There are sandwiches which you can take away on the right were you pay.

We were served by a very friendly, attentive person who explained everything to us thoroughly and tirelessly.

It is ₤2 for every 100grams from the buffet. They have had an upper limit on the maximum charge which is ₤9.5 I think. A full plate generally weighs more than 500grams, depending on how high you pile it, so it is quite a good deal, although I'm not sure how long it will last. Bread roll is free. Good value for good quality food.

Good food, service, space, location and it's gentle on the planet too! Excellent!

Pros: Food -a lot of organic -tastes good, service, location
marybheine
marybheine

Perfect lunch

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2008

My sister and I were soaking wet from a very rainy day in London. We enjoyed our lunches very much. A large buffet of freshly prepared cold and hot dishes. The 2 chefs were constantly replacing the dishes with fresh food. The coconut peanut balls made from tofu, the marinated green beans, and red salad were wonderful. I could have just eaten that, and been quite satisfied. You pile what you want on your plate, and it is weighed. Our 2 plates and bottled water were 28 pounds. Not cheap, but a typical price to pay in an expensive city. A free piece of bread is included with your meal. Lovely decor inside. Extremely friendly staff. Would definitely return to this restaurant. I've been to the one in Zurich, Switzerland as well.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere, Good food
Cons: Not enough regular sized tables, Hard to estimate what your food costs, You have to pay everything all at once

Dear Owner and Manager of Tibits:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the London page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/04/20