Upscale vegan restaurant, expensive by Vietnamese standards but not for Westerners. Menu shows pictures of specialty dishes. Two floors of seating. New location since fall 08. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Take-out
11 Duong Tran Nhat Duat, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
08-8469685

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by JohnnySensible
jdoyle221
jdoyle221

Excellent Vegetarian Food

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

I have been here a couple times and had a great experience. Anything I have ordered was really good, but the the best things were the grilled eggplant and pineapple rice. You will not go wrong with anything you order. Also the service was incredible and the staff is very nice. It is worth a visit in Saigon, its more expensive than local vegetarian restaurants but not an expensive place

Pros: Quality of Food, Service, English
Adam R E. Coast Vege
Adam R E. Coast Vege

Very Good

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2012

I thought the food was really good here. The wait staff was very friendly, even helped me to practice my vietnamese, and helpful even though they really didn't speak a lot of English. We really enjoyed our meal at TIB!

ViolaineB
ViolaineB
  • raw

Ok if you only order fresh spring rolls

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2012

This was our second day in Saigon, so still unsure what the food was like in restaurants, was meant to be... It seems like a lot use a lot of sugar to make caramel sauce. We ordered the clay pot tofu, which was ok at first but got very sickening. It was made in a caramel and a lot of grounded black pepper. My partner ordered the pineapple rice, which was too odd, bathing in sugar. I felt a bit ill after the meal, like I had a sugar rush and felt lethargic all day long, promised myself I shall never eat clay pot tofu ever again! The only good point about it was the starter, which was lettuce roll (delicious and fresh) and fresh spring rolls with tofu, herbs and shredded fresh raw veggies inside. So do not miss them whenever you go to a vietnamese restaurant, that's one of the things they can't put too much sugar in and it's often refreshing, healthy and delicious!

Pros: nice spring rolls, nice hot vietnamese coffee, nice staff
Cons: use of msg's, too much sugar in dishes and juices

Straight On
Straight On

Probably the best you'll do in Saigon

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2012

Typical greasy vegetarian food with plenty of mock meats. No problems, but nothing good either. I live, and travel often, in Southeast Asia. It would be nice to find some healthy restaurants for once. They're pretty few and far between.

Pros: Nice staff
Cons: Unhealthy food
gallivantingnomad
gallivantingnomad

TIB

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2011

The food at Tib is good. Can be a bit on the pricy side when compared with other Vego places in the city, which sell food on par with them.

Pros: Nice Staff
Cons: Food can be oily
siaoyato
siaoyato

Best Vietnamese Vegetarian Restaurant

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2011

I believe this is the vegetarian only restaurant which was the highlight of my trip to HCM City (They also have a Tib that is not vegetarian, which is very famous as well). Everything there was amazing. You can order almost any Vietnamese dishes you like in the vegetarian version and they all tasted amazing. Make sure you check their business hours since I tried to go there a few other times and it was not open (I could eat there every day). Prices is very reasonable for foreign visitors.

Pros: GREAT FOOD, Reasonable price (for westerners) , Nice embiance
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

not vegan for me

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2011

compared to the quality of food, presentation, service and location, moderate prices.
All food is vegan but they put cow milk in the coffee and have 2 others Tib restaurant who are not vegetarian !!!

JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Worth a visit - best to book in advance by phone

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2007

Well-run. Great interior design. Relaxing place. Perfect for entertaining business friends. Run by the brother of the singer-songwriter Trinh Cong Son whose songs have been highly popular in Vietnam since the late 50's. Trinh Cong Son died on 2001. He wrote some of the first anti-war songs in South Viet Nam. Joan Baez compared Trinh Cong Son to Bob Dylan. Posthumous winner of the 2004 World Peace Music Award. Learn more at - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinh_Cong_Son

Dear Owner and Manager of Tib: