Tian Experience Taste

Reservations are required for this vegetarian fine dining restaurant. Offers vegan options. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, International, Take-out

aps101
aps101

Limited Vegan Options

3 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

All veggie menu that looks quite good, but the vegan options are limited. It is pricey, but a nice place. Certainly a nice spot for a fancy night out. You will want to freshen up at the hotel prior to going, not the place to pop into after a long day.

rangilboa
rangilboa

Unique experience, highly recommended

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2014

beautiful setting and dishes, friendly staff, great atmosphere. I can't even describe the food but it was like eating artwork, and it was delicious. Expensive, yes, but worth it.

Pros: festive atmosphere, beautiful decoration, great food
Cons: not vegan, menu is quite small
jsmitty
jsmitty

very good but expensive

4 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

The Restaurant serves very delicious, extravagant, vegetarian food. Some of the dishes are also vegan or can be made vegan. It is also quite expensive but worth the experience.
Updated from previous review on Monday February 24, 2014

Updated from previous review on Monday February 24, 2014

Niki3000
Niki3000

Exceptionally good food, beautifully presented

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

By far the best meal I had in Vienna, this restaurant serves innovative, interesting and absolutely delicious vegetarian food, some of which is vegan or could be made vegan. The quinoa main course, with 3 different kinds of quinoa and a little forest of vegetables was both beautiful and scrumptious. For the quality, the prices are reasonable although they are higher than the average vegetarian spot in Vienna. Highly recommended.

Pros: delicious food, excellent service, English spoken
Cons: more expensive than average
quidam
quidam

not vegan friendly at all

2 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

tian is not vegan friendly in any sense you can think of: poor vegan choices; owners repeatedly made it clear that they have no regard for animal rights at all.

very posh place, very expensive

Cons: poor vegan choices, no regard for animal rights

belsandia
belsandia

Nouvelle Vegan Cuisine

4 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

While I am not a fan of nouvelle cuisine with its super small portions and focus on design, this place was a pleasant surprise! Some dishes of our 5 course meal looked almost too pretty to eat, and with others we we not always sure what to eat, but EVERYTHING they served was exquisite- even if quirky sometimes! Take for example the mushroom coffee brewed table side - wow! The main course was a quinoa dish, the best I had in a long time!

Apart from that, atmosphere, wine choice, service all delivered to an excellent experience! This is a beautiful place for a high-class meal. It's not a choice for every day, but sure for occasions where you celebrate or are in the mood for something fun and special.

Pros: Beautiful interior, Haute cuisine, flair explosion
Cons: Some dishes a little too eccentric
viennagirl
viennagirl

For a Special Occasion

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Tian is a beautiful restaurant. From the soaring ceiling to the chic table setting, it whispers understated class. It is an expensive restaurant, serving exquisite small plates and offering outstanding wines. For the vegan or vegetarian looking for a special night out, there is no better place in Vienna. For an omnivore who hopes not to gain weight, this is an outstanding choice. We celebrated our anniversary here, and will come back for birthdays. The food is creative, top quality, beautiful and delicious. Vegans don't have much choice, but what is done is done very very well.

Pros: Beautiful Room, Delicious Food, Outstanding Wine List
Cons: Expensive, Very Small Portions, Vegan choices are limited
AlexanderGamayunov
AlexanderGamayunov

we were not lucky

2 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

We are vegetarians! Vienna was 5 days. Unfortunately, we do not like this place. we caught some neprtny waiter who was clearly unhappy with new tourists - we smiled, moving away from us and making faces. We made ​​a menu in German - we do not know the language could not understand)) once we have no appetite, and we decided to go elsewhere)))

ksushone
ksushone

What a nice surprise in Vienna

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

Finding some good vegetarian food in Vienna was always a big problem for me. Tian is a surprise for me! Centrally located, with good service, delicious and well designed food.
Highly recommended! But book the table in advance!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Location
RichardLo
RichardLo

Exquisite Epicurean Experience

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

Tian is truly a treasure for a special meal, with good service, Excellent food and good atmosphere. This is fantastic gourmet food, and the combination of ingredients in the various courses is superb. I had the prixe fix menu, which allows a set price for 2 - 4 courses. I had three courses which was just right for me. Wish I had room for 4! The chef is extremely imaginative and as mentioned, serves up pretty unique combinations presented extremely well. A amuse bouche is presented right at the outset and sets the tone for the rest of the meal. Highly recommended - if you go to Vienna without putting this down on your must dos, you're truly missing something special.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good service, Imaginative cuisine
Cons: None!
Jaymatt
Jaymatt

Meh.

2 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

Fussy and insubstantial with limited vegan options. The vegan entre was maybe 300 calories of admittedly fresh and pretty food.

Pros: Local food. , Presentation.
Cons: Limited vegan options, Attitude, Portions
judas_77
judas_77

stylish

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

For sure the most stylist veggie restaurant in Vienna.

They are serving a lot of different interesting food and on request are most of them also as vegan possible,
for example I had noodles with chanterelle,
the vegan option was to change to non-egg noodles easy but effect full :-)

The waitress was very friendly and the service was great.

Only the price was for the portions size a bit expensive, so for me not a restaurant what I would visit daily but if you are looking for a special one - for a special day - it would by the right one

Pros: quality of food, the service, ambience
Cons: price, sice of food
runsten
runsten

not vegan friendly!

3 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2012

This is a very nice trendy restaurant to out to with your meat eating friends like I did. They will like it. However, with only one vegan option for the main course, I do not consider it to be vegan friendly. I prefer to have some choices. Add that the vegan meal was very creative but only consisting of some vegetalbe which is not a full meal for a vegan. It was like eating two starters.

Try it anyway, one time, for the atmosphere, but not if you are hungry because the meals are very small.

Pros: trendy, good service, well prepared creative food
Cons: very few vegan options
Dmichl
Dmichl

Excellent!! A must

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2012

I wished we had this place in NY it would be a huge success and will be in Vienna too. The food is light, creative, refined and delicious, you can tell that a lot of thought and hard work went into it. Take note that this isn't fast food, so you're not finished in under an hour... Cost is higher end, but reasonable for the level of effort. The waiters are trained and friendly and the restaurant is modern bright and open. Downstairs has a club/night bar. I've eaten a lot of vegan food and eaten at restaurants, but this gets five stars. Jeans George's, Robuchon take note!!!

Pros: Food, Ambiance, Staff
Cons: Portions , Smokers
marielou
marielou

fine

4 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

This place certainly is fine dining and accordingly expensive. Excellent service I only had an organic fresh pressed orange juice and that was probably the most expensive fresh juice i ever had ! but the service is super, the waiter was excellent, telling me all about the organic oranges they use have no pesticides etc. so if you are looking for a real quality organic restaurant - this is the place. Top location in the town.

Pros: organic, quality, stylish
Cons: expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Tian Experience Taste: